Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Count (if you dare)

I know there are many ladies on here that qualify as beauty addicts and product junkies and I was wondering, "How do I compare?" So let’s take a count (if you dare)! How much do you have?

Foundations/TMs –

Primers/Luminzers -

Powders -

Blush -

Lipstick/lipgloss –

Eyeshadows –

Eyeliner -

Multi-use Palettes -

Re: Count (if you dare)

I must add a glitter creme palette and two lip glosses to my count! I just got my first FB TSB (I will stick to the beauty talk ones from now on!!) and that's what I hauled. 🙂

Tags:

Lots of everything, but a total stockpile of body washes and butters!

I agree, doing perfumes would be terrible! Although in the last year I've stopped buying new ones, which is good. Skincare items...don't even want to go there. Lotions & showergels I'm doing really good with using up lately. Here goes....

Foundations/TM: 24 (I know this sounds bad, but it includes new back-up ones I have, and also I use different shades in the summer, so I need summer shades of mineral makeup, tinted moisturizer, liquid foundation, then winter shades of each, and also some in-between ones, also some that I don't like & never wear)

Powder: 7

Concealer: 2

Bronzer: 5 (this surprised me...in my head I imagined I only had 1 or 2)

Blush: 7

Primers/luminizers: 5

Eyeshadow: 16

Multi-use palettes: 2

Eyeliner: 12 (This one surprised me too- I only have 2 that I use regularly & forgot about some of the others. They're nice but for reasons unknown to me, I don't use them.)

Mascara: 6

Lipstick/lipgloss: 66 (this doesn't surprise me....I knew there were a lot)

Nail polish: 59 (Some of these are quite old & should really go)

Whew....it's like I just went to the confessional

daisy346 wrote:

Whew....it's like I just went to the confessional

I absolve you, my beauty sister.......

Now, go shopping!!!

😉

No! No shopping! (Except maybe that $10 Benefit Stay Put Set....)

LOL!

I still haven't counted yet! I took one look at everything, and I just didn't have it in me - hahah. I will soon, though -- I had a busy weekend -- I had to work and then went away for the long weekend 😛

@ kalex: Hope we don't have to count body washes, lotions, etc, I've got a ton of those, I'm definitely going to put some of the smaller ones in the TSB.

Sometime if we really want to shock ourselves we could count up our skincare, I've got a whole shelf devoted to the stuff, most of which only works marginally, for me. Trouble is, I can't say that they "truly" don't work, so I hold onto them and rotate them into the regimen when I get bored with the current favorite. Does this happen to you all?  BTW, other than causing a breakout, how does one truly determine if something doesn't work when some say that they take weeks to work? I mean, how can one tell how much less wrinkly you are????

I'm not bad with skincare or body care products. I know I have one body wash, one lotion, one dry oil, and I use a dry brush to exfoiliate, for my body. For Skincare, I have one moisturizer, one toner, one exfoiliator, one anti-aging serum, one mask, and one acne treatment. I do have like 3 eye creams lol, just because I have really bad dark circles and I've gone through a lot of products trying to fix it until, I decided to come to terms that its hereditary and they are there to stay forever...now its just a matter of going through all the creams.

I think they only way to tell that something is giving you less wrinkles is if you took a picture in the beginning and a picture 6-8 weeks later and compare. For me, I just use them as preventative. I'm only 25 so I don't have too many wrinkles yet. A little under the eyes but thats about it. I can see a worry line starting to form in between my brows though, so I've been trying to relax my face more.

Sunscreen is my number one age fighting, cancer fighting, most important skin care product of all time.

Hi gals! So for EO's, I use lavender for stress relief and relaxation. I use sage and cedarwood for purification, orange and ylang ylang to counteract depression, basil, lemon and rosemary for mental clarity, and on and on and on. Oh yeah, rosewood, sandalwood, rose and jasmine for sensuality!!!

mermadelove wrote:

Hi gals! So for EO's, I use lavender for stress relief and relaxation. I use sage and cedarwood for purification, orange and ylang ylang to counteract depression, basil, lemon and rosemary for mental clarity, and on and on and on. Oh yeah, rosewood, sandalwood, rose and jasmine for sensuality!!!

Thanks for these recommendations 🙂

@pocketvenus: My pleasure!

@pinkjunkie - Yes!  Take a picture so I can show my husband!  🙂

kalex wrote:

I second the picture!  I'd like to see what that stash looks like.  In fact, I feel like we have to make up a new word because "stash" doesn't do justice to what I imagine it looks like.

@pinkjunkie--- I'm with the other ladies here....please take a picture....we are all dying to see what something like this looks like! 

officegal wrote:

kalex wrote:

I second the picture!  I'd like to see what that stash looks like.  In fact, I feel like we have to make up a new word because "stash" doesn't do justice to what I imagine it looks like.

I think she has a makeup boudoir!

LOL!!!!!!

I've been so busy this weekend, I still haven't gotten it done. I have a couple categories that I have a terrible, sinking feeling about counting, now that I know I have to count back-ups too.....some things I'm really good with, but others I know I have an extreme amount of.

@daisy: Ah, go for it!  I was embarrassed when I found my small train case had a whole bunch of lipsticks and pencils that I hadn't counted in the first round! Not to mention the travel bag.....

@kalex: only because I ❤️ you!!!!

Glitters: 8 ( I know this wasn't a category, but it my world it is! Kinda like garlic being a vegetable in my cooking!)

Eye shadow singles, duos, quads: 41

Finishing Poweders: 4

Foundation: 3

Eyeliner ( including gel, pencil, shadow pencils): 22

Eye Shadow Primer Potions: 9

Mascara- 10

Lip ( pencil/gloss/stick): 36        ( THIS surprised me!! They sneak up on you!!!)

Palettes: 14

Cheek: 3

Nail Polish: 47 (!!!)

FALSIES: NINE PAIRS!!!!!! (Many of them are too glam for everyday wear, but I got them at such a great deal I had to buy them!)

Not as bad as I though, but definitely some surprises!! I had no idea I had that much lip stuff, especially since it's my lowest priority except for keepinmg my lips moist!

@mermadelove- I love how you divided your categories up.  I didn't count my mascaras. And I just included my trios and quads in my count for the palette category. Plus I just kind of bundled all of my primer (eye and face) into the primers category. 

I have to say that this is extremely entertaining! Not just to do but also to read! Smiley Very Happy

6 Replies