Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Confessions Of A Beauty Junkie

Whatever you call yourself... a makeup addict, skin care junkie, a sample hoarder - I am sure you have something to confess. Is it an out of control makeup stash, bins overflowing with samples or shelves filled with skincare? We want to hear it!  Confess your beauty sins!!!

Organization tips and pics welcomed!

giphy.gif

Re: Confessions Of A Beauty Junkie

I have a problem with hoarding empty skincare jars and airless pumps for reuse. I really don't need this many...

And constantly buying for the sales and deals gives me a thrill. It used to be pretty bad before but it's improving a bit. Trying to tell myself to only buy items if I'd buy them at full price. I still get carried away at times 😬

I'm finding that most days I can't decide on a lip product because I just have too many options, so I go without. I always want to wear the same thing, but feel like I should use other things because I know I am neglecting them. Then because I'm never wearing my lip products, they go bad.

@suzyo  Ha, this so describes me. Too many choices, so of course I go with none instead?! For me, visibility and accessibility is key, every couple of weeks I'll dump out all the lippies that have migrated into my purse or onto my work desk (easily a dozen or more) back home and then start again with a totally new color. The same colors do tend to migrate back in over time, but at least I mix in a new one every so often!

@suzyo Maybe try a lip product a day or a week to keep them in rotation? Like make a basket of all the more neglected products and choose at random for example.

The indecisiveness is real 😞

@suzyo, I completely understand. I seem to stay with my s...

@suzyo, I completely understand. I seem to stay with my same handful of lip items, even though I have a drawer full and a stand full of stuff. 🙄

@Guessgal, Thanks. I've added a few new ones, so it's sta...

@Guessgal, Thanks. I've added a few new ones, so it's starting to overlap some 😕

Re: @suzyo, I completely understand. I seem to stay with my s...

Wow I love how you can see every single lip colour! 🙌🏻 @Luvstravel 

@RNGesusPls, Thanks, but still only use about 8-10 produc...

@RNGesusPls, Thanks, but still only use about 8-10 products frequently. I guess I'll take your suggestion and put some products into a rotation to try to get some use.

Re: @RNGesusPls, Thanks, but still only use about 8-10 produc...

Hope it works out for you @Luvstravel !

Re: @suzyo, I completely understand. I seem to stay with my s...

That organization 😍 @Luvstravel 

Definitely eyeshadow, liner and samples. I can sometimes convince myself I don't need it, but then there's a discount or special sample size and it's a done deal. Also, I buy backups/duplicate black eyeliners... but then switch to a new product and still keep the duplicate so I just have tons of black liner. Same with red lipstick. And maybe foundation? It's... it's a problem.

I admit my makeup collection will be organized and neat and then I ruin everything and leave it bc I will be putting makeup on the next day anyway I have a fear of running out of too faced better than sex mascara so I'm always buying backups I have my own beauty room but I like doing my foundation concealer and baking in the bathroom bc I think theres better lighting in there

I am a gift with purchase junkie. i have bags and bags of foils, samples, deluxe samples, and full size freebies, all stuffed under my bathroom sink. I was saving all.of these for when I travel but they just seem to multiple. or is it that I buy stuff when there is a gwp? Now that I discovered the gwps from Ulta it is getting worse. This year I started the use up your samples challenge. So far I am using more then I receive but just barely.

I'm the same way @CorgiMommy  I actually started only allowing myself to buy or even restock items when there is a GWP I want, because if I saw a promo I really liked, I'd find something to buy which I didn't necessarily need.  At this point, I have so many samples of face cleanser, etc, I'm more than covered if I have to go without for a few days or even weeks while I wait to order.

Ugh same I’m so easily taken by gwp! And I always tell myself I’ll use them for travel but then I just use my normal stuff 

@Kim888, I've learned that if I really like the gift with...

@Kim888, I've learned that if I really like the gift with purchase, get it the first day it comes out, because I despise the dreaded email, "Sorry, that item is out of stock" then your stuck with nothing, unless you call customer service and they give you a few points to make up for it.

The gwp get me all the time

I love buying new skincare and makeup and then I hate to use it because I have some weird hoarder tendency that tells me that I need to save it so that I don't "use it all up".  It's really stupid.

me and art supplies ☝️☝️☝️

I admit to buying an inordinate amount of lipstick. I don’t even know how many I have. Next my eyeshadow collection is out of hand. There are unopened boxes from Christmas. Lipstick and eyeshadow that’s my vice. 

testing