Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Confessions Of A Beauty Junkie

Whatever you call yourself... a makeup addict, skin care junkie, a sample hoarder - I am sure you have something to confess. Is it an out of control makeup stash, bins overflowing with samples or shelves filled with skincare? We want to hear it!  Confess your beauty sins!!!

Organization tips and pics welcomed!

giphy.gif

Re: Confessions Of A Beauty Junkie

I confess... I'm an eyeshadow palette addict.  I'm sure I have more eyeshadow then I will ever need in my lifetime lol.  But I can't help myself when I see something gorgeous, I have to have it. 

Love it.gif

@PaletteAddict99,  

Did you see this post?  It's calling your name!   😉

Ugggggggh a lifetimes worth is so me as well 😉

@AMK721 eyeshadow palettes are my vice too! i am sooooo much better about buying all the things, except eyeshadow lol.

I'm not the most organized guy, so I'll be reading through his thread and you bet I'll be taking notes! I keep a lot my samples in several plastic containers, and my everyday go to products are shoved into a drawer in my bathroom. This thread is 100% necessary for me right now lol.

Also, @veronika23 that GIF is everything! Haha

Cheers!
Nikko

@NikkoBT.  You can find some great plastic containers at the dollar store and can insert those into your bathroom drawer to organize your products. Most of my skin care are on shelves but I use a plastic basket to contain some of the smaller bottles.  I already had a spreadsheet for my makeup so I added a sheet for testing skin care and perfumes. I write little notes so I know what I will want to buy later on 😄

I second the plastic dividers. I recently brought some order to this formerly horrible bathroom drawer. I'm proud that has stayed manageable, unlike everything else that gets out of control pretty fast! @NikkoBT @veronika23

IMG_0379.JPG

Omg, that organization! Insert heart eyes emoji here*

Cheers!
Nikko

It does get out of hand pretty fast doesn't it @sister13.  I need to re-organize mine again LOL 😄

@veronika23That makes me feel better that someone else has spreadsheets of their makeup. My partner makes fun of me because I have created spreadsheets especially for my lip products to track how quickly I use up different colours and finished etc. I should also add more sheets for skin care and other products - good idea!

@suessquatsch  just saw your main post. 😄  That's cool you have usage on yours 🙂

Oooh a spreadsheet is such a great idea! I'm definitely going to be trying that out. I used to just add things to my loves list, but I love how I would be able to leave notes for a particular item if I put it in a spreadsheet. SO doing this!

Cheers!
Nikko

I second @suessquatsch and @veronika23's rec on a spreadsheet. I have a Google sheet with different tabs for most of my items (not mascara, since those get tossed frequently, and not foundation, since I usually only have one open at a time). I mark down what I wear each day, and leave notes (the lipstick lasted through dinner, the eyeliner smudged). If I post a photo on IG, I leave a link the spreadsheet so I can see how a product looked on me IRL instead of just relying on my memory or a hand swatch. The spreadsheet also lets me tally which products I'm using and what I'm not touching, which helps me clear out my stash.

It takes a little while to set up, but I actually find it quite soothing, and I enjoy categorizing it.

@NikkoBT

I love the idea of adding a link from an IG post! So many great ideas, I'm so inspired 🙂

Cheers!
Nikko

Oh that's a good idea with the IG link @TKLJ!

@NikkoBT  it is so handy I tell you!  Especially for me since I do buy a lot of MAC and sometimes they re-promote so it's good to look up a color name 😄  Just make sure that if you have an extensive sheet to back up your document so you don't loose the info 😉

I like to have gifts on hand so I don't have to last minute shop So I have my guest bedroom closet filled with Sephora favorites sets, Holiday sets, candle sets nail polish sets, makeup brush sets and bags full of GWP variety bags, 500 point promos and a big collection of mini fragrances.
I bought way less gift sets last holiday season and hoping to cut down again this year because I'm thinking people might be tired of makeup as gifts.
I keep reminding myself it's me that has the addiction so why am I subjecting everyone else to it.

Luckily I'm not that overboard on skincare. Like alot of others here on BT I too made a New Years resolution to try to use up my deluxe samples instead of hording them and also to stop ordering just for the promos. So I bought a set of drawers for my bathroom and organized each drawer by: cleansers, serums, creams and masks and now I'm working through it!!!
IMG_3300.PNG

@PaletteAddict99,  

Why would anyone ever get tired of receiving makeup as gifts?  🙂

lol @tsavorite ya think everyone is so completely crazy about it like all of  us here??? Hahaha I thought so for a long time but I'm sort of starting to wonder... I'm sure glad tho that we all have each other here 😉

@PaletteAddict99,

Of course, we are the normal ones!

I'm glad we have each other, too!  🙂

Sounds like a treasure room/closet @PaletteAddict99 🙂

8 Replies
testing