Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Calling on my BIC gals! Need makeup/dressing tips

I was recently selected to be part of a very casual social campaign for a new product launch with a beauty (ish) brand and I am a little nervous.

I would love suggestions on what types of colors of clothing and eye makeup that will look natural but flattering infront of the camera - they specified nothing dramatic just my everyday self. I have a few things pulled out so I have some idea what I may do but it will be great to get some ideas!

Most of all please wish me luck because I think I am going to need it! 

xox

Re: Calling on my BIC gals! Help me with photoshoot prep

@Anewxa Congrats for being chosen for something so cool!

Lights definitely wash makeup out so keep that in mind. Be 'natural' as they said but still go a little heavier-handed with your makeup! So if you wear a nude eyeshadow look, be sure to pack that shadow on! Also if you wear highlight, wear a bit more than you would in real life 😛 

As for speaking, be yourself! 

Corals, pinks, reds look great on tan/olive skin in terms of makeup/clothing. You look amazing in red lipsticks but if they prefer nothing bold then I think a subdued coral would be very pretty. Also I don't know what eyeshadow you like to wear but perhaps gold on the lids would be nice with a nice warm-toned shadow in the crease and tons of mascara/natural looking falsies (but apply enough glue so the lashes don't pop off). Again, only wear whatever you feel comfortable in so you can speak, look, and feel  your best!

Ensure to wear something you're comfortable in so you won't feel uptight on camera! Also lighting can make you sweaty so keep that in mind as well 😃 I hope that helps!!

Edit: Oh and I'm sure we want to all see the end result to keep us posted!!! =D

Thanks girl @jesscheems 😘 going heavier on makeup for camera definitely makes sense!

Congratulations @Anewxa! They (whoever they are lol) did well in picking you ❤️ You're going to do great! I think the biggest part will be for you to just relax and enjoy the moment. They chose you and want you to be your everyday self after all 🙂 

For the makeup I would just even out skin tone, maybe add some bronzer in the crease and some mascara. Bring a little makeup bag with some of your go-to favorites in case they want you to make it a little less natural. 

I would choose a blouse in a solid color that you feel is most flattering. I did a quick google search to see what colors show up best on camera and the results are blue, gray and brown. 

Good luck and have so much fun! Can't wait to see the final product 🙂

oops sorry forgot to mention that I think I can't disclose just yet but will update soon - I just hope I don't end up goofing up the end result! 😀 

@Mcakes

@Mcakes Thanks! I was thinking of doing just the same - bronzer in the crease and mascara. I noticed their usual backdrop is pink so I was thinking gray, white or maybe blue as well. 

Great tip, I will keep my makeup bag just incase I need to touch up. Appreciate the advice! x

Oh, and take some selfies first and zoom in - I always notice a fleck of mascara, or a wonky eyebrow on selfies that I don't see in the mirror!

Wow, sounds awesome! Agree with what everyone else said and just adding that tightlining your upper eye - inner rim, would look natural but still defines the eyes. Also, you said it's unscripted but do you know the topic?  You want it to be natural but, like an interview, it might make sense to at least think of a few things you want to say IF you know the topics. I hope you will share the photos with us and good luck!! @Anewxa

@sister13  Thank you! Ooh yes I always forget tightlining the eyes, thanks for the reminder! And it is soo true that selfies do show the little mistakes more than mirror. I will be taking a ton lol. 

Yes i have an idea what it is about, I don't know the name of the new product but familiar with the brand in general. It will consist of before and after shots, what I think and a little about myself. So not entirely interview style but I suppose they will prompt me when I need to talk about what. 

I am pretty nervous about jumbling or eating my words so I am trying to keep mental notes of what I could say while not sounding fake.

Honestly, the hardest part is talking about myself, I don't have a whole lot to say..I lead a pretty normal boring life generally speaking (except this). 

@Anewxa Sounds fun! You will be awesome, I know it!!

This sounds so exciting, @Anewxa! For makeup I would say for the most part stick to what you're comfortable applying/wearing, just maybe go a little heavier on blush and consider adding some natural-looking false eyelashes (again, only if you're already comfortable applying them). Blush in particular has a tendency to disappear on camera, which is why makeup that looks good on Instagram MUAs looks crazy in person. As far as clothing, solid colors are better than patterns, and it's probably best not to wear anything really intense, like red. As far as being comfortable in front of the camera... maybe do a shot? 😉 Jk, jk (mostly). They'll probably have you talking to a person rather than looking directly into the camera, so hopefully that will help make it a little less intimidating! Best of luck!!

@TopazBeth LOL now if only shot were possible (I don't drink). I think it will be like someone by the camera will ask me a question and then I answer what I think etc. Kinda like a before and after. I am thinking even though they will have me speak quite a bit, after editing only a couple seconds of footage will make it anyway lol. 

Right, I was thinking basic solid colors should work best. I really wanted to do lashes since they make everything so much better but I am terrible at application so will need to skip. I will apply blush heavier than normal, I agree the lighting and camera could wash me out. Thanks for the suggestions! 

Ohhhh that is very cool @Anewxa! Congrats! I wanna know which brand this is for 😄

I agree with @makeitup305 to wear something you are comfortable in. Go with something you know looks good on you... both the style and color. Same with makeup. Something you know you like that is beautiful, elegant but not over doing it. Just be yourself and honest in your speech. I think that's the best way to go.

Good luck! I can't wait to hear more!

@veronika23 Thanks girl, I will let you know soon ! All I can say is that it is a home grown brand 😉 

Yup they said the same..to be honest and they didn't want any scripts since that defeats the purpose of being "real". Although I hope to have some direction to my train if thought haha..I can be so random sometimes.

@Anewxa  ohhhhhhhh!!! I see.  😉  How very exciting!

You'll be great!  Don't worry I think all of us can be random sometimes!

Good luck!!!!

Congratulations @Anewxa! That's awesome! This is my two cents: I think my biggest recommendation is to wear something you feel comfortable in but still makes you feel confident. As for makeup, maybe try to think it as if you're meeting some people you haven't seen in a long time- you want to look good but not like you're trying to impress them. As for specific makeup items, I would say to include something like an Hourglass Powder or the Meteorites, to give a nice finish at the end. I do find that I notice a difference when I use them. Hope that helps! Best of luck! Llama power!

@makeitup305 Yess need all the llama luck! Thanks doll, I am thinking of dressing in clothes I am familiar with even though I bought like 5 outfits already lol but they just don't feel like me. 

Oh I have the HG ALP palette so I will def finish off with it, great idea!

16 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 59 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing