Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

CHALLENGE: Shop your own stash!

I realize a lot of us are in the same boat, being addicted to makeup and beauty products and desperately trying to control stashes that are bursting from train cases, drawers and cabinets.  We have the Traveling Sephora Box ("TSB") to swap products with one another and temper some of the addiction cravings to go out and get new stuff.  I have another idea to assist with resisting the temptation to continually buy new things.

I propose that for an entire week, we shop our own stash and dig up things that we haven't touched for a long time.  Whatever you've accrued the most of, each day put on something different, whether it's eye shadow or blush or lipstick.  Then report back here and post what you wore each day!

I'm going to wear a different eye shadow, lippie, and blush each day.  I have so many of all three categories but always find myself reaching for the same colours. It's time to branch out!

For example, tomorrow I'm going to wear:

- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in "Pale Pink" for blush

- Dior Lip Glow

- Stila Eye Shadow in "Chill"

I haven't touched all three of those in weeks and months.

Re: CHALLENGE: Shop your own stash!

Lol.. Sarithor is the only one faithful to the shop your own stash concept!  Looks great, girl.  Smiley Happy

Today I pulled out NARS The Multiple in Maui and a By Terry lipstick which I can't remember the colour of.

And you guys keep bringing up Urban Decay products.  Aside from the primer potion, I'm an Urban Decay virgin!!!!  BUT... before you gasp and tell me that I must try... I GOT THE NAKED PALETTE TODAY!  Smiley Very Happy

(Man, I suck at restraint.  Seriously and truly.)

Haha, I'm holding out for March. I just paid for school and we just used up all our tax returns for a bigger tv, surround sound, a new entertainment center and a new desk.....so I kinda feel like if I shop for make up, the hubby is going to tell me I'm going out of control lol.  So, I figure if I wait until March, he will have had enough time to "forget" all the money I spent this month (and last) and he wont make me feel as guilty haha

. But its really hard right now, cause I just found out since I just started getting my subscription to Lucky Magazine (thanks sephora for the free 1 year subscription!) That I got to enroll in the Lucky Rewards program (myluckyrewards.com) and I can earn cash back for shopping for items on their website. They have sephora on there you guys! With pages and pages and pages of stuff and you earn 5% cash back if you shop on that website for stuff from sephora. I mean they have bobbi brown, Tarte, Too Faced, UD... almost everything.... I'm sooo tempted right now. But I know I have to wait!!! you guys should check it out. Especially if you already have a subscription to Lucky cause its free... if you don't its only around 12 dollars or something for a 1 year subscription hahahahaha. They have other stores too...clothing stores, ulta, target, wal-mart... ITS AMAZING!!!

sarithor wrote:

Haha, I'm holding out for March. I just paid for school and we just used up all our tax returns for a bigger tv, surround sound, a new entertainment center and a new desk.....so I kinda feel like if I shop for make up, the hubby is going to tell me I'm going out of control lol.  So, I figure if I wait until March, he will have had enough time to "forget" all the money I spent this month (and last) and he wont make me feel as guilty haha

. But its really hard right now, cause I just found out since I just started getting my subscription to Lucky Magazine (thanks sephora for the free 1 year subscription!) That I got to enroll in the Lucky Rewards program (myluckyrewards.com) and I can earn cash back for shopping for items on their website. They have sephora on there you guys! With pages and pages and pages of stuff and you earn 5% cash back if you shop on that website for stuff from sephora. I mean they have bobbi brown, Tarte, Too Faced, UD... almost everything.... I'm sooo tempted right now. But I know I have to wait!!! you guys should check it out. Especially if you already have a subscription to Lucky cause its free... if you don't its only around 12 dollars or something for a 1 year subscription hahahahaha. They have other stores too...clothing stores, ulta, target, wal-mart... ITS AMAZING!!!

Um.......sarithor.......

I think it's totally UNETHICAL AND JUST NOT FAIR to tell us how to save money at Sephora through LUCKY!! It just means we will be SAVING money, which in my world ALWAYS MEANS this: "Oh, well my budget was $100. And now that I got a 5/10/20 ( or whatever) percent discount, I can add this to my cart because I was going to spend it anyway and now I'm getting a discount on it. Oh, and I should get this, too because it's so expensive without the discount." And so on!Smiley Very Happy

Also, I LOVE LOVE the highlighted !! I think the same way. "HAs it been long enough since UPS came for hubby not to freak out"

mermadelove wrote:

Um.......sarithor.......

I think it's totally UNETHICAL AND JUST NOT FAIR to tell us how to save money at Sephora through LUCKY!! It just means we will be SAVING money, which in my world ALWAYS MEANS this: "Oh, well my budget was $100. And now that I got a 5/10/20 ( or whatever) percent discount, I can add this to my cart because I was going to spend it anyway and now I'm getting a discount on it. Oh, and I should get this, too because it's so expensive without the discount." And so on!Smiley Very Happy

Also, I LOVE LOVE the highlighted !! I think the same way. "HAs it been long enough since UPS came for hubby not to freak out"

Hahaha.... I had to share!! I was so excited when I saw the ad in my magazine. All I saw was a picture of a wallet, a website and the word sephora and I was up to go check it out haha. I'm super excited to use that website. I found a shoe website on there that you earn 10% cash back...and I really need some new shoes. Website is going to be the death of me. My husband is going to kill me for all the shopping that is about to happen haha.

Oh, yeah todays shop my stash look. I used one of my Good As Gold Tarte lipglosses that I got from the holidays. I used to creamy eyeshadows by sephora, that I got in a set during the holidays. I used my L'Oreal True Match beige foundation for bronzer and I used my Lorac blush in rose today.  The Tarte lipglosses are always amazing. I used the lightest color in the top left hand corner. They were a little defective (they stopper that keeps the excess gloss of the brush pops out) but I've still been using them and I noticed they also fix themselves. I'll open a color and use it and it will be gloss all over the wand then an hour later I will go to re-use it and it will be fixed... so its not that big of a deal to me. I really like these glosses. The creamy eyeshadows. I usually use these as shadow bases, but today I did a look with them. I use the silver, purple and the bronzy-brown ish color. I thought it came out pretty cool. These are really good eyeshadows. I love them. The Lorac blush I've always liked. I hit the pan today lol. The L'oreal True Match foundation has always been my little trick to contour my face... just by a foundation thats a couple shades darker than your regular one and use it as if it was a liquid bronzer... looks really natural.

goodasgold.jpggoodasgoldlook.jpg

I Love this look!

Sarithor, that's so pretty!! I love your pics; thanks for taking the time to share with us.

I'm WAAAAY to interested in that Lucky thing!! Anything where I can earn cash back, rewards, etc. just adds fuel to the fire.

Ack, now I'm so mad that I didn't buy the gloss set when I had the chance!!!!!!  *clutching at hair*  LOL

That looks gorgeous and you just reminded me that I have several foundations that are too dark and should also be used as liquid bronzers!

As for the Lucky Mag thing, I've known about it forever but can't take part due to being Canadian!  But you gals should totally take up the deals!

daisy346 wrote:

Sarithor, that's so pretty!! I love your pics; thanks for taking the time to share with us.

I'm WAAAAY to interested in that Lucky thing!! Anything where I can earn cash back, rewards, etc. just adds fuel to the fire.

+1

Totally agree!!

I just subscibed to Lucky magazine...it was only $15 for 2 years. I figure it'll more than pay for itself with the cashback I earn, plus then I have the fun of getting the magazine!

Thanks everyone Smiley Happy

@officegal, tarte still sells the set on their website. Its just called something different. Its called  Lots of LIp!, but those are the exact same colors I got in my good as gold set. I think its the same price too.

I also was looking around tartes website last night and I discovered that if you send back, your empty tarte clean slate or their smooth operator foundation they will give you 15% off your next purchase of clean slate, smooth operator, pressed powder, or mineralized bronzer! Also, if you send back your empty cheek stains they will give you 15% off your your next cheek stain purchase! Also, they have a token program and if you earn 500 tokens you get a 50 dollar gift card to their site! I love tarte haha.. you can earn tokens in other ways besides just making purchases. Like reviewing items and referring a friend who makes a purchases.

I think sephora should be the same way, you can earn 1 point for every item you review (but you can only earn up to 10 points in a month, just like tarte,  which I think is fair, cause a lot of people would just make up a lot of reviews that aren't accurate or real). If you refer a friend to be a beauty insider and they make a purchase you get 10 points... I totally think that would be awesome.

Anyways, no make up today... shampooing my brushes today.

Thanks for the heads up on the Tarte glosses, sarithor!  I don't ever order makeup online but I didn't know about Tarte's recycling incentive program, so maybe I will in the future.  (Could turn into a bad habit... durrrrrr.)

There are several websites/magazines that do the same thing as Lucky.  (That magazine is evil.  It shows me so many things I didn't know I need.  And those convenient "marker" stickers!)  My bank does the cashback rewards with my debit card and I can transfer the money straight to my checking acct in $5 increments.  The real kicker is remembering to go thru the reward program link when you buy from the site!  I forget all the time.

I broke into the new Smashbox Bloom palette and used the second last shadow from the top row and the second from the bottom.  It was also my first time using the UD 24/7 pencil and I was amazed at how soft and smooth the glide was!  Amazing and worth all the hype for sure.

IMG_1765.JPG

@officegal: I love that Smashbox palette. Uh oh! I was determined to not buy any eyeshadow after Naked, but those are gorgeous. I hadn't used UD liner prior to the Whiskey / Zero duo, either, and I love it! 

@kalex: Lucky IS evil! Each month I flag things that I had no idea I needed...especially the beauty products! Ugh.

I really need to get a subscription, though, because it costs $3.99 at the newsstand...so if you buy it every month, that's more than $50 a year (with tax), when you can get a subscription for $1 an issue? And, most magazines have deals like this -- so when I think that I buy several each month at that price, just for convenience...eek! 

: )

OK Kaite, you've convinced me!! NOw I HAVE to get a subscription to the magazine! That's jsut too much savings to pass up!!

DROOL over the pix Smiley Tongue, keep 'em coming!

I thought I shopped nicely today:

Bare Escentuals Eyeshadow in Legit

Bare Escentuals Eyeshadow in Chenille

UD 24/7 in Rockstar

Anastasia Brow Powder (from FB TSB)

Anastasia Brow Gel (from our TSB 1 here!)

Stila One Step PrimeColor in Per Suede (FB TSB)

I also whipped out some foundation I haven't used in a while earlier this week and mixed it so I can get a good color to match my current tone.  Do you ever buy foundation and then when you try to wear it again you wonder WTH was I thinking when I choose this color?!?

@runy: I often wonder WTH I was thinking in the store when I get home with a huge bag of stuff when all I went in for was a gift for someone else! I must be a Sephoraddict!

LOL PrettyinPA- thats hilarious!  My feelings of joy overwhelm my WTH feelings when I overindulge.

runy wrote:

I also whipped out some foundation I haven't used in a while earlier this week and mixed it so I can get a good color to match my current tone.  Do you ever buy foundation and then when you try to wear it again you wonder WTH was I thinking when I choose this color?!?

ALL THE FRICKIN' TIME.  Luckily Laura Mercier's Sunny Beige is a perfect match for my skin.

I have an announcement.  I'M NOT A NAKED VIRGIN ANYMORE!  Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

IMG_1768.JPG

RE: "I have an announcement.  I'M NOT A NAKED VIRGIN ANYMORE!"

Maybe I'm just being juvenile, but those Naked jokes always make me giggle!  Smiley Happy

Conversation Stats
Photos69
  • dontuseoften.jpg
  • medontuse.jpg
  • toofacedtogo.jpg
  • toofacedtogo2.jpg
  • maybelline.jpg
  • maybellinelook.jpg
  • IMG_1538.JPG
  • mufelipstick.jpg
  • mufelipsticklook.jpg
  • img 003.jpg