Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

CHALLENGE: Shop your own stash!

I realize a lot of us are in the same boat, being addicted to makeup and beauty products and desperately trying to control stashes that are bursting from train cases, drawers and cabinets.  We have the Traveling Sephora Box ("TSB") to swap products with one another and temper some of the addiction cravings to go out and get new stuff.  I have another idea to assist with resisting the temptation to continually buy new things.

I propose that for an entire week, we shop our own stash and dig up things that we haven't touched for a long time.  Whatever you've accrued the most of, each day put on something different, whether it's eye shadow or blush or lipstick.  Then report back here and post what you wore each day!

I'm going to wear a different eye shadow, lippie, and blush each day.  I have so many of all three categories but always find myself reaching for the same colours. It's time to branch out!

For example, tomorrow I'm going to wear:

- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in "Pale Pink" for blush

- Dior Lip Glow

- Stila Eye Shadow in "Chill"

I haven't touched all three of those in weeks and months.

Re: CHALLENGE: Shop your own stash!

@katie1724:  I'm sorry to hear it didn't work for you!  The hydration works for me.  I usually use a serum like Clinique All About Eyes or Origins A Perfect World for Eyes underneath it first and let that sink in before I use the Premier Cru for Eyes though, so I wonder if that's helping.  Hmmm.  The Quenching Sorbet Creme I've been eyeing for a bit now too.  I recently got the Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminee Anti-Wrinkle Set to try out for $62 though and I really like it so far, especially the serum and moisturizer.  It smells really good!  I might have to change from Clinique 3 Step to Caudalie!  Smiley Very Happy

@daisy - Thank you kindly!

@emiliea - Wow, that's amazing! I can't believe you forgot about the Naked Palette! LOL A bunch of us are also now on Makeup Alley where you create a profile and swap products with one another. It's another great way to not let things go to waste when you discover hidden things in your stash. I have a ton of stuff that I don't use and it's always a struggle trying to decide what to do with them. I love your numbering the chapstick idea!

Today I am wearing:

Mychelle Sun Shield

Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Smog

Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Sin ( on top of smog)

Benefit Some Kinda Gorgeous Foundation in Original

Dior Rose Lipbalm

Dior Addict Lipstick in 454

Givenchy Phenomen Eyes Mascara

@mermade - I'll PM you when I've worked out the details! I'm looking at the last week of April or the first week of May, from Mon-Wed/Thurs.

@tenngal - No need to feel guilty. I do a lot (for just about everything, not just hoarding makeup) but I suffer from a special brand of strict upbringing that I'm still trying to throw off! LOL And I hope you feel better soon!

Well, I've discovered a special fondness for Benefit Coralista thanks to the coral challenge. I was thinking of selling it or giving it away but I've been wearing it all week and liking it more and more each day. Smiley Happy

@officegal: sweet, sweet sweet!!!!!!

@officegal, @mermade: HEY! I want to to go New York! (It *probably* isn't feasible, but I miss NY, I miss my sister (who lives there) AND I would love to meet you ladies -- how fun!!)

@katie and tenngal: The beginning of the week is when I usually work. It would be easy for me to go to NY at the end of the week. I could come for a Thursday, Friday, Saturday. I could ask to seith a shift and come on that Wednesday, too. Ladies, let's PM and see if we can make this happen!!!!!!

mermadelove wrote:

@katie and tenngal: The beginning of the week is when I usually work. It would be easy for me to go to NY at the end of the week. I could come for a Thursday, Friday, Saturday. I could ask to seith a shift and come on that Wednesday, too. Ladies, let's PM and see if we can make this happen!!!!!!

You're calling me tenngal again, lol.

I work on Fridays and took the last few weeks off so I can't skip another one.  I'm willing to stay until Thurs, though, if things work out!

officegal wrote:

mermadelove wrote:

You're calling me tenngal again, lol.

I work on Fridays and took the last few weeks off so I can't skip another one.  I'm willing to stay until Thurs, though, if things work out!

ARGH!!! I call her you and you her all the time now!!! I'm so sorry for the brain farts!!!! Smiley Sad

I am going to try to get Wednesday off so that I can be there Wed, Thurs, Fri. Would that do the trick???

I sent you a PM. Smiley Happy

Katie, let us know if you can come!

@officegal, mermadelove & katie1724:  I am SO jealous! Smiley Wink  I want to come to New York and meet up with you gals so badly, but I'm just too far away.  Even if I could take the time, I couldn't afford the expense of flying or even driving with gas prices the way they are right now.  I hope it all works out for all of you so you can actually meet and have a great time!  You'll have to take bunches of pictures and e-mail them to me! Smiley Happy 

@tenngal - I do so wish you could!! It'd be so much fun. We'll have to have double the fun on your behalf! Smiley Wink

Btw, the NYC trip has derailed so it's not happening after all. Smiley Sad

I'm in need of a tinted moisturizer for the warmer season ahead but I have tons of unfinished moisturizers and foundations laying around, so I decided to mix my own. I used Cetaphil with L'Oreal True Match and both textures blend beautifully. I'm not really a DIY kind of person but there's so much waste happening in my stash that I had to do it. And I'm really glad I did!

That's a really good idea. Where do you get a container to put it in?

If your foundation or lotion has a bottle that's easy to open/transfer/dispense products with, I'd just transfer one of the ingredients into it. Otherwise, you can buy clear plastic packages from the drugstore or the dollar store. I bought a package of travel containers from a drugstore that came with a pump bottle and a spray bottle. It looks like this:

IMG_2711.JPG

I love that bottle. Very cool idea.

@tenngal: I wish you could be there, too!!!! Gas out here is almost $4!!!!!!

also @officegal: I might have said this in a previous post, but of all the boxed blushes from Benefit, Coralista never appealed to me until a Benefit SA tried it on me for kicks -- and I love it! It's often compared to Orgasm, but I don't think it's that similar! Plus, I love how it smells Smiley Happy

Hey, it would be awesome if you can come, too, Katie!!! Seriously, can you? I mean it about those dates I posted earlier. I'm sure your sister will be happy to see you! (As will mermade and I!)

Re: Coralista - I'm liking the smell, too, though normally I don't like scents in my makeup. It's definitely something I haven't experienced with Benefit's other boxed blushes. Orgasm never shows on my face for some reason so I find the two to be completely different, but it is similar to TheBalm Hot Mama which I do kind of consider a more darker pigmented Orgasm (as in Hot Mama wears on me the way Orgasm wears on most people), so I can see how the connection is made for some.

I try to replicate the concept of Sephora's weekly picks. Every week or so I choose a product or two that I have not used in a while and put them on my bathroom counter. In the following days I try to use them as much as possible and in different ways. Some of these have become my new go to products. This is great fun and it also helps me realize how much makeup I really have and that I don't really need to run out and buy more.

I know exactly what you guys mean. I always end up buying these great, high pigment eyeshadows in crazy colors like navy and turquoise, or purple and sparkly black. The only problem is, I'm a natural-look kind of girl. So i only break out these great shadows when I'm going out at night (which doesn't happen that often). I'm the same with body sprays and perfumes. I'll smell it and think, "That is amazing, I have to have it!" And when I get home I put it on my shelf with my 20 other perfumes and sprays, and end up not using it. So I will definitely try your challenge and dig out something I haven't worn in a long time.

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos69
  • dontuseoften.jpg
  • medontuse.jpg
  • toofacedtogo.jpg
  • toofacedtogo2.jpg
  • maybelline.jpg
  • maybellinelook.jpg
  • IMG_1538.JPG
  • mufelipstick.jpg
  • mufelipsticklook.jpg