Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

CHALLENGE: Shop your own stash!

I realize a lot of us are in the same boat, being addicted to makeup and beauty products and desperately trying to control stashes that are bursting from train cases, drawers and cabinets.  We have the Traveling Sephora Box ("TSB") to swap products with one another and temper some of the addiction cravings to go out and get new stuff.  I have another idea to assist with resisting the temptation to continually buy new things.

I propose that for an entire week, we shop our own stash and dig up things that we haven't touched for a long time.  Whatever you've accrued the most of, each day put on something different, whether it's eye shadow or blush or lipstick.  Then report back here and post what you wore each day!

I'm going to wear a different eye shadow, lippie, and blush each day.  I have so many of all three categories but always find myself reaching for the same colours. It's time to branch out!

For example, tomorrow I'm going to wear:

- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in "Pale Pink" for blush

- Dior Lip Glow

- Stila Eye Shadow in "Chill"

I haven't touched all three of those in weeks and months.

Re: CHALLENGE: Shop your own stash!

@sarithor, I'm in total awe of your looks! You really know how to work with colors. I have a tendency to just wear shades of brown for eyeshadow (like the Naked Palette), black eyeliner & black mascara. I feel inspired after looking at your pics!

Highlighted

So today I wore what I had dug out yesterday and said I was going to wear which was:

- Smashbox Photo Finish Lipstick in the shade Pout

- Smashbox Photo Finish Targeted Pore & Line Primer (deluxe sample)

- Urban Decay Ammo Shadow Palette (used the shades Oil Slick, Shattered, Polyester Bride and Maui Wowie)

Don't laugh, but I tried to take photos for the first time by just turning the camera backwards and taking my own picture.  Needless to say, they didn't turn out too good--as a matter of fact they look pretty bad--haha.  Anyway, I am going to post a couple of the pics in this post (if I can figure out how) and the rest are on my profile page.  The rest look pretty much the same as the ones below.  At least it'll be some good comedy for the day.

Maybe my next attempt will work out better!  I tried to take a full face photo, but my nose kept looking huge where I had it stuck too close to the camera when I turned the camera around to take the pic--haha!

I'm getting ready to dig around and see what I can pull from my stash to wear tomorrow.  Smiley Happy

@sarithor: Love the look! I'm like daisy, though...I hardly ever deviate from browns / greys and neutrals, or, when I'm REALLY feeling daring...wait for it...maybe some plums. I would like to experiment with more color, though!

@tenngal: I need to do the same -- cleaning out my stash to make room for new things. The problem is, my process normally goes like this:

1. I think, "I'm going to clean out my train case(s) and bags (/ other places I hoard makeup)..I can do this!"...

2. I take one look at staggering amount of products I've "collected," some of which I've had for years, but I can't throw them away. I then feel guilty that I have not used many of these things at all, and I rationalize that I WILL use them!*

3. Sigh and decide to do something different instead...l think I'll log onto Beauty Talk!

(Repeat)

*Note: The products that are able to be used -- I wouldn't use anything that has expired, and I do toss mascara / foundation, etc.

Smiley Tongue

@tenngal, that's so pretty! I'm with you, I'm completely confused by cameras Smiley Happy But I love seeing pics of people's stuff...the palettes in particular look good in pics, I've noticed. I always stare at them lustfully.

@katie, I have a really hard time getting rid of makeup too. I just threw out a couple of eyeshadows that were super old, colors I never wear anymore, and 3/4 gone anyway, plus an eyeliner I hated & never wore. In a way I suppose it felt cleansing to get rid of them, but at the same time it actually kind of hurt me!

Thanks everyone!! Sometimes you just gotta experiment with colors.. You wouldn't believe how many looks I've tried that are colorful that did not work at all LOL. One I remember in particular was actually with the Ammo Palette. I used Grifter and Last Call together, cause you would think it would look good together cause they are both purpley colors... Well they do look together, but apparently not together on my skin tone. I thought it looked good when I left the house but the whole day everyone kept asking me at work if I felt OK? and I was tired? My manager even asked me if I wanted to go home cause I didn't look too good.. She said my eyes looked red and swollen and I had huge bags!!! It was all because of my eye make up... I haven't used those 2 colors since I was so traumatized!

@sarithor: ROTFLMAO!!! I'm sorry I am laughing at your Urban Ammo trauma, but that is just too funny!! At least now you  know if you ever need to leave a lame party or whatever early, that combo will have people sympathetically sending you home!

@tenngal: I love your pics! Re the full face pics: I take my pics with my iPhone and eventhough it has a feature where you can flip the orientation so you can take a picture of yourself, 9 times out of 10 I also get the huge nose effect! That's why so often I have the goofy side view pics-- otherwise I look like a puppy who's gotten too close to the camera!

I did take pics of today's look once I got to work, but I didn't get a chance to post them yet. I will tomorrow!

@daisy and katie: I think we should make one of our future challenges a rainbow challenge where all of us have to come up with some version of sarithor's rainbow eyeshadow look. We don't necessarily have to wear it out of the house, though!

I'm on board for the rainbow look, but totally second the "not necessarily out of the house" part.  LOL!!! 

I should add that we probably should try this when husbands/significant others are out of the house too, mine would drop dead if he saw me with rainbow look!

I'll do it, as long as I don't have to leave the house! Also, like prettyinpa said, I'd prefer to be home ALONE when I try it, lol. Although it can't be too much worse than how he looks when he goes hunting. Sometimes he wears some kind of stuff on his face that's almost like makeup. I forget what the purpose of it is. He also has a pair of weird looking things to put over his shoes in very cold weather. I don't know what you call them, but they look like a pair of huge booties. Ridiculous. Don't even get me started on the no-scent soap he has to shower with, plus the baking soda....and the washing of the hunting clothes with no-scent detergent and then hanging them in the woods to dry. So yeah, he has no room to talk if I do weird makeup things.

ROTFLMAO!!!! daisy you crack me up! I think those are called golashes or gaiters-- the things he wears over the shoes!

@daisy 346:Yeah, my hubby doesn't have a leg to stand on either with the hunting face makeup!  It's so that the turkeys and deer don't see a white face while he's hiding in bushes. Insane!!! Once he couldn't find his brown "Makeup" and I had an eyeliner that smudged no matter what I did with it, so I gave it to him for hunting makeup (which I always call "Hunting Makeup" right to his face)!!! And I laugh when he tries to wash off his hunting makeup because he thinks makeup remover is for girls so he uses soap and complains a lot!!!

But it doesn't keep him from remarking on "Your eyeliner is too bright" or the classic "You have lipstick on your teeth". Grr.

Conversation Stats
Photos69
  • dontuseoften.jpg
  • medontuse.jpg
  • toofacedtogo.jpg
  • toofacedtogo2.jpg
  • maybelline.jpg
  • maybellinelook.jpg
  • IMG_1538.JPG
  • mufelipstick.jpg
  • mufelipsticklook.jpg
  • img 003.jpg