Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Brands and Products You’re Eyeing for 2023!

Share what you’re lusting after for 2023! Is there a brand you’ve had on your list to try or a new release you’ll be immediately adding to your cart?! Or an older fave you’ve never tried and are finally getting around to ?  

959CD8F0-B4E6-470A-9847-DEBBD5575973.gif

4C6A7224-AF5C-42D3-825C-EE66558D39E3.gif

Re: Brands and Products You’re Eyeing for 2023!

Hmm, I am deciding if it's lucky (or poor impulse control) that I've tried most things I wanted to try.  I think last year I mentioned Adwoa, Dyson and one other brand.  I have the adwoa mini oil somewhere and the Dyson is in effect!  Mid year I would have added Ami Colé...Just now venturing into Ami Colé Hydrating Lip Treatment Oil , I really like the non-greasy feel of Excellence, picking up Reflective and just wondering about Bliss.   Ami Colé Lash-Amplifying Volumizing & Lengthening Mascara Rich Black is also no joke.

Relevant is also another brand (which is a skincare line on Thirteen Lune).  I have ventured into the brand though, I picked up a mask during BF, just have to finish some other masks first.  They have a multi-tasking moisturizing sunscreen I am interested in. 

I wish that Fashion Fair gloss would come back, grrrrr!

Last year I listed Chantecaille and Victoria Beckham Beauty as two brands I was wanting to try out at some point.  I managed to pick up a few items from each brand and was both impressed and disappointed in some products.  

I had been lusting after the Chantecaille Perfect Blur Powder.... It's too dark for me.  Will need to use it as a bronzer. The lip veil that I tried though.... A gal could get used to collecting those!

Victoria Bekham was a big win on the eye liners, lipsticks and cream blush.  The lip tint/stain.. meh, needs more shade selection.  I also found that the lip glosses were good, but not great.

This year I'm hoping to add some Lisa Eldridge to my cart.  I'm also looking to do a bit more exploring of the Chanel range.  What I've tried so far has been really nice and I'm sure another eye quad will catch my eye.  I'd also like to check out some of their base products. 

Good list @missjeanie ! Hey have you tried any of the Chantecaille glow illuminated powders ? They’re lighter and sooo pretty! Just a thought! 😊

@Sunnysmom I haven't!  I just checked their site and don't see them.  Are they a limited edition powder? 

The ones I have are from a few seasons ago @missjeanie so maybe there isn’t one currently. Grr. I love the Pearl case one from the other year. I could only find this one pic of mine on the top. I hope they do this formula again. It was called the Moonlit Peale Glow Powder. I haven’t found another one quite this good. Let me know if you find a nice one too please! 

Online pic and mine. 

AA827F99-AFFA-40F6-9990-8EB400B08F8D.jpeg

773FDCF4-90C3-43B0-867E-566D76386AC7.jpeg

@Sunnysmom Okay as soon as I saw the photo I knew exactly the one you were talking about!  I wonder if it's still lingering on any of the other sites they sell through... I'll keep an eye out for sure... or maybe I'll just take a cruise through some of them right now lol

Think I found a random one on Cos Bar one time @missjeanie ! Hope you can! It’s so pretty. 

@missjeanie  I agree that some of Chantecaille's powders run dark.  I think I have 8-10 of those lip chics and veils. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 I'll be keeping an eye out for more of their lip products as they release collections for sure.  Great formula!  I did like the powder... so if a paler or translucent version came out I'd be willing to give it a shot after seeing reviews. 

@missjeanie  Great choices!

I seem to be on a never ending quest to find my favorite day time eye cream. Something brightening and smoothing, but I can have quite sensitive and watery eyes so a lot of products irritate them. I’m also particular about the packaging, I’m tired of using potted eye creams I want a tube haha. My fave for night is First Aid Beauty FAB Skin Lab Retinol Eye Cream with Triple Hyaluronic Acid 0.5 oz/ 15 mL for night, I just wish it was a tad more brightening for day. Any great suggestions for a brightening eye cream in a tube with little to no fragrance is appreciated! If such a thing exists haha. 

Oh boy @alexasteph , I have this same need. So far LaMer and Chanel’s have worked pretty well ( tho not in tube obv) tho I don’t see the brightening really, but I’d love to find a less pricey option. I’ve not tried this FAB but I’m going to take a look! Someone recommended #Kiehl’s since 1851 creamy eye treatment with avocado but again in a jar. Have you tried Avene by any chance. It’s in a tube and pretty decent for sensitive eyes. 

La Mer The Eye Concentrate Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

@Sunnysmom Thanks for the suggestions. The LaMer and Chanel are a tad out of my price range to risk them not working for me though. I actually just picked up a tube of the Glow Recipe Guava Vitamin C Bright-Eye Gel Cream 0.5 oz / 15 mL and so are it’s working okay! 

Good to know @alexasteph , I’ve debated that one as well. I hear you. I mainly use samples tho I did get the LaMer as a Christmas gift! (The hubs came through or else someone at Nordies got to him with the hint! 😂)

I wonder about the iNNBEAUTY PROJECT Bright & Tight Dark Circle Firming Eye Cream with Vitamin C & Peptides 0.5 oz / 15... that @itsfi mentioned tho OOS all the time. Grr. 

@alexasteph  I have really been enjoying the Glow Recipe Guava Vitamin C Bright-Eye Gel Cream 0.5 oz / 15 mL . It does have fragrance but it’s not too bad. My eyes can be sensitive to fragrance too and so far I haven’t had an issue with it.

(Good to hear @faeriegirl , I’m going to take a look too. 🥰)

@faeriegirl I’ll take a look a that one, thanks! 

I'm not "lusting" after anything.  However, I will need a new eye primer.  I received a few suggestions in another thread that I'm going to try.  I'm looking at ROSE INC Cream Blush Refillable Cheek & Lip Color Dahlia .  I'm using a sample card right now and love this color.  Like many others, I'm also interested in Victoria Beckham.  I'm also considering the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder , but I don't really need another setting powder.

@Titian06  I’ve been testing the rose inc too and love it!

The CT powder is my favorite @Titian06!  I’ve tried so many but I keep going back to it.

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • 959CD8F0-B4E6-470A-9847-DEBBD5575973.gif
  • 4C6A7224-AF5C-42D3-825C-EE66558D39E3.gif
  • AA827F99-AFFA-40F6-9990-8EB400B08F8D.jpeg
  • 773FDCF4-90C3-43B0-867E-566D76386AC7.jpeg
testing