Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Brands and Products You’re Eyeing for 2023!

Share what you’re lusting after for 2023! Is there a brand you’ve had on your list to try or a new release you’ll be immediately adding to your cart?! Or an older fave you’ve never tried and are finally getting around to ?  

959CD8F0-B4E6-470A-9847-DEBBD5575973.gif

4C6A7224-AF5C-42D3-825C-EE66558D39E3.gif

Re: Brands and Products You’re Eyeing for 2023!

Thanks, @faeriegirl !  I appreciate your recommendation! 💖💖💖

@Titian06 @The ct setting powder is holy grail for me ! Worth having too much powder for sure!

Thanks for the feedback, @Kim888 ! 🙂

Not necessarily a specific brand but I really want to try one of the non-prescription retinoid services (like Agency, Dermatica, Apostrophe, etc) but honestly I'm having trouble deciding which one I want to try; each has its set of pros and cons.  If any of you have any suggestions I'd love to hear your experiences!  The one that I'm really NOT interested in trying is Curology.

@CookieGirl1 that would be interesting to hear about ! definitely keep us updated if you do it! 

Hair

I’m curious about the JVN Complete Pre-Wash Scalp & Hair Strengthening Treatment Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and the overall brand! I think I’ll definitely be trying a few of these in 2023!

Fragrance 

I know I’ll be ordering Carolina Herrera Good Girl Eau de Parfum  to try for a longer trial period, I remember I used a small sample bottle a while ago and loved it. I also want Jo Malone London Wild Bluebell Cologne! Such a lovely spring and summer scent 

Makeup

I know I need a new setting powder and @SportyGirly125 recommended the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder so I want to try that! 
I also need a new Dior Dior Addict Lip Glow for 2023! I want to try the Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Liquid Touch Weightless Foundation too ☺️

Skincare

I know I need a new SPF so I’ll be trying out a couple in the new year, feel free to share your favourites that are available in Canada! 
I did order the The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Hemi-Squalane 1 oz/ 30 mL to try and the will arrive in the new year 😄 

Fabulous choices @bakeamuffin! All the beauties in your makeup category are wonderful - I think you'd love all three! Carolina Herrera Good Girl smells so good and the bottle is awesome! I've heard so many good things about the JVN pre-oil; it was one I wanted to try last year but didn't get around to it; will keep an eye out for your thoughts on it if (or when) you pick it up!

@bakeamuffin I really like the Skin Aqua UV Essence SPF.  I get it from Stylevanna so shipping takes some time, but I've spotted it on Amazon.ca as well, I like the green or violet if they're available.  For body SPF the Blue Lizard brand is a winner for me.  I've used it on my face as well with great results.  I've also been using a powder SPF to put into my hair line/part as well and while I'll likely buy from the US (Hawaiian Tropic or Tarte), I have also used the Supergoop SPF 45 Powder which I like for the higher SPF. 

Hope you find some you love!

@bakeamuffin @I am always curious about pre wash treatments as well. I always wonder about whether they actually do anything 

@Kim888 @CookieGirl1It really integrities me as well! I saw that some reviews of this oil said that it formed mild quickly which is a deterrent for me. I saw that @GG84 suggested the Living Proof Scalp Care Dry Scalp Treatment 3.4 oz/ 100 mL which has some different purposes than the JVN Complete Pre-Wash Scalp & Hair Strengthening Treatment Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL but I’m really interested in scalp care as I hit my 30’s. I also need a product for my husband who has a somewhat red, dry scalp. 

@Kim888 @bakeamuffin same.  Honestly I think that they sound gimmicky but some people absolutely swear by them 🤔.

I want to try Rhode Beauty, Victoria Beckham, and more from Merit and Makeup by Mario.

@faeriegirl are you going to pick up the new MAKEUP BY MARIO SurrealSkin™ Liquid Foundation 2N ?  I got a sample of it to try in store the other day but haven't used it yet.

@CookieGirl1  I would definitely have to get a good sized sample first. They only had a few shades out the other day and none were a match for me. 

@faeriegirl I actually tried it today and while it sounds like a lot of people are really loving it, it's going to be a pass for me...

@CookieGirl1  I had tried a different shade just on my hand since they didn’t have my shade and it looked terrible. What didn’t you like about it?

@faeriegirl I thought that since it's marketed as being a natural radiant/luminous foundation that I would really like it since that's typically my preferred finish BUT this is on another level 😲.  I felt like it really highlighted any texture on my face and by halfway through the day I looked downright shiny even after using powder (yes, I do usually use powder anyway, even though I have dry skin) to the point that I really wanted to touch it up--something I never need to do.  It also didn't feel like it actually set down very well for me and had I not used powder I think it would have transferred in an instant.  Clearly there are plenty of people who are really liking it and I wish that I did but I just don't see this one working out for me.

Thanks for sharing, @CookieGirl1 !  This sounds like a foundation I would not like.  I prefer matte or semi-matte.  I'd still like to get a sample anyway just to test it for myself. 🙂

@Titian06 It's anything BUT matte!  But if you end up trying it I'd love to know your thoughts; it's so interesting to hear how one person's experience can vary so vastly from another's.

Great line up of brands to try out @faeriegirl !

Victoria Beckham is the best mascara I’ve ever used!!!!!! I wish it was cruelty free !

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • 959CD8F0-B4E6-470A-9847-DEBBD5575973.gif
  • 4C6A7224-AF5C-42D3-825C-EE66558D39E3.gif
  • AA827F99-AFFA-40F6-9990-8EB400B08F8D.jpeg
  • 773FDCF4-90C3-43B0-867E-566D76386AC7.jpeg
testing