Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Best tinted moisturizer for dry skin

I'm looking for a tinted moisturizer.  I have dry skin and a few fine lines 😬😅. I love the Sephora Weekend Warrior, just want a tiny bit more coverage for the breakouts when they happen!  I have tried the Halo tinted moisturizer and the ItCosmetics and they were both too thick for my liking.  Any other suggestions?!

PXL_20210110_161522022.jpg

PXL_20210110_161447663.jpg

Spoiler

Re: Best tinted moisturizer for dry skin

@MomOf5LittleMen I really like the Nars tinted moisture that was suggested below, I use my fingers or a beauty blender to put it on.  Since it sounds like you weren't a fan, I've got a few other suggestions.  

Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue.  I found this to have the least coverage of any of the suggestions I'll mention here.  This one can also feel a little odd on my skin through the day depending on the skincare I use under it.

Dr. Jart Premium Beauty Balm - I use the one in the gold tube.  If you can find a good colour match this is a great one that can be built up.  The key here is to apply it and let it sit for a few minutes to check the colour.  It can go on a little grey, but then after a minute or two settles into my complexion nicely.  I also appreciate the SPF in here, though it's never the only one I wear. 

MAC Face and Body -- This is a foundation, not a tinted moisturizer, but it's super light wearing and wears well though the day.  It can also be built up in certain areas if you'd like and comes in a multitude of shades.  I've been buying this repeatedly for years.  

Clarins UV PLUS Anti-Pollution Sunscreen Multi-Protection Tint SPF 50 Light  is also not technically a tinted moisturizer, but it functions as one for me.  I enjoy the higher SPF, and the shades cover a bigger range than you'd think.  It sinks in well, giving a dewy ish feeling and look, without giving a lot of transfer.  I happen to fit into a shade, and judging by your wrist swatches you could be a similar skin tone/shade to me and might have luck with it as well.  

There are a few products that I'm not a fan of in the tinted moisturizer area.... 

The First Aid Beauty Tinted moisturizers.... Gosh, these sit on top of the skin and consistency look like you're wearing product, as the day wore, it just looked worse and worse settling into lines and wearing unevenly.  I've tried two of them and both times regretted it.  

The It cosmetics CC Cream felt heavy on my skin as well.

Tarte BB Clay tinted moisturizer.  Felt super heavy on my skin. This is a full on foundation and not a good one in my opinion. 

Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer Tinted -- This was nice, I've liked the untinted version as an SPF, but the tinted version is too dark for me.  

Hope you find one you love!  Let us/me know what you find.  I'm always up for trying out more tinted moisturizers and tinted SPF's! 

Picked up the bare minerals complexion rescue, Laura Mercier skin perfector and Sephora's new best skin ever and none of them sit right 🤦‍♀️ ..... I exfoliate, moisturize and with or without primer (I used a sample of the Laura Mercier primer) it always looks the same......what the hell am I doing wrong?! These are the 5th or 6th ones I'm having to send back (and I have to wait until stores open to return these last 3.... and with the ones I am mailing back I still have to wait for them to be processed so I get my money back, but it's close to $250).  I'm just so sick of nothing working and having to keep ordering stuff

PXL_20210118_161103163.PORTRAIT.jpg

I use Josie maran foundation and drunk elephant tinted sunscreen and they do not show dryness or settle in laugh lines!

Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation 

Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte™ Physical Daily Defense Face Sunscreen SPF 30 

@MomOf5LittleMen  I have dry skin, too, and I've been using NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer   for years. It is light, feels like nothing on your skin, but it provides more coverage than any other tinted moisturizer I've ever tried. Not that I've tried a lot. When I found this one, I stopped trying others as this one is perfect for my skin.  

Got the Nars 2 days ago, love the colour, consistency and smell, but it went on streaky, settled in my fine lines and accentuated my dry patches 😔.  I wanted to love it, but sadly it's going back.  Heard good things about the bare minerals complexion rescue.... That's my next stop.

@MomOf5LittleMen I mix my foundation with a beauty oil for extra hydration and spray a hydrating mist before applying the primer and then foundation.  Sometimes dry patches are caused by the skin not being hydrated enough.

@MomOf5LittleMen Oh, no. I'm sorry to hear it didn't work for you. I found that it doesn't apply well with anything else but fingers. Have you tried applying with your fingers? Also, thin layer is the way to go. And if I need more ( usually I don't ), another thin layer gently patted over with your fingers. It doesn't settle in my fine lines. Did you set it with something? That might help. But if my skin is not exfoliated, it can emphasize some dryness sometimes. Do you exfoliate? 

Oh. What have you tried it with? Some kind of moisturizer, primer... you know, the usual prep before the tinted moisturizer? You could try switching things around and try different moisturizers, creams, primers, serums...

I don't think I've ever tried that one. Good luck! Let us know how it works!

I exfoliated and applied a moisturizer before trying (I let the moisturizer sink in for a bit before applying the Nars.  I applied with my fingers and tried it without any powder (settling into lines) and with powder (accentuated my lines 🤣) .... Hoping to grab a few new tinted moisturizers tomorrow to see how they go 🤦‍♀️

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos3
  • PXL_20210110_161522022.jpg
  • PXL_20210110_161447663.jpg
  • PXL_20210118_161103163.PORTRAIT.jpg
testing