Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Best cruelty-free mascara?

I love benefit roller lash but this year I committed to using only cruelty-free, vegan products. This is the last item in my beauty routine that I need to replace. I love that it separates and lengthens without being clumpy. Does anyone use a comparable alternative that is vegan and doesn’t test on animals?

RE: Best cruelty-free mascara?

Tarte has a lash primer that works very well and Ilia mascara is fabulous. I use the two together. Also Tarte’s Lights Camera Action mascara with the primer is great. I’ve gotten compliments on my lashes when i wear those two together.

Re: Best cruelty-free mascara?

@jamiiief 

Most mascaras, including some vegan ones, irritate my eyes—some so badly, I can’t wear them longer than an hour. One cruelty-free and vegan mascara that causes me zero irritation is tarte Big Ego Mascara 0.23 fl oz/ 7 mL It gives me a natural looking boost of volume and decent length. It doesn’t clump or flake on me, but it will smudge if I rub my watery eyes. My only real complaint about it is the barbell brush, because I usually make a mess with that brush shape. I plan to use a different wand with the next Big Ego tube I buy. 

My favorite mascara is also cruelty-free and vegan: Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes Volume 2 Mascara Black Vinyl Vol 2 Not all CT products are vegan, but her entire makeup line is cruelty-free: no animal testing done by CT or third parties. They do ship to China now, but foreign online purchases don’t fall under China’s animal testing law. 

Hourglass Caution™ Extreme Lash Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 9.4 gMILK MAKEUP KUSH High Volumizing Mascara 0.27 oz / 8 ml

i've tried almost every cruelty free mascara and those are my 2 faves of all time! the kush is most similar to the roller lash- it's not clumpy and separates like a dream! 

come chat about cruelty free beauty if you're so inclined on my thread 🙂

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/The-Vegan-and-Cruelty-Free-Beauty-Thread-lt-3/m...

I second this recommendation! I love the Hourglass mascara and the chic, gold packaging. <333

I also highly recommend the Hourglass Caution mascara! Best mascara of all time!! 😄

@jamiiief 

Any of the Tarte mascaras! I really like tarte Big Ego Mascara 0.23 fl oz/ 7 mL

and TARTE - Lights, Camera, Flashes™ Statement Mascara

MILK Kush is my go to! Can’t live without it.  KVD also came out with Go Big mascara (vegan and cruelty free) but I haven’t tried it yet. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing