Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

BeautyTalk Yearbook

As you may have noticed, we are planning major upgrades to our community. In a couple of days you will see exactly what we have been hinting at! We are incredibly excited and think that this transformation will make our community even better and easier to use. One of the major updates we are making is that we are sunsetting the name BeautyTalk and making way for the new Community experience. We are super sad to see our beloved BeautyTalk go, but we’ll still have all of the same content and people that make this community awesome, and that’s what really matters.

While we are thrilled, we totally understand that change can be scary, so we wanted to take a moment to reflect on all of the goodness we’ve experienced here on BeautyTalk over the years.

We’re creating this thread to serve as a “yearbook” of sorts to share your favorite BeautyTalk memories. We don’t do it enough so let’s take a moment to share why we love this community, our fondest memories, and all the hilarious memes. 🙂 

And all you beautiful Hall of Famers who received your custom Bite lippie, you can post your pics here too, we’d love to see them.

We love you and are so excited for the journey ahead!
Katie, Candace and the entire Sephora Community Team

Re: BeautyTalk Yearbook

I'm going to miss the days we get to spam the trolls with llamas. (I'm not going to miss the days that BT got infected with trolls though :D)

@wheeeee  I am totally calling this community "New BT" now!  (better than BIC - LOL!)   ❤️

milk.jpg

Memories- I still have them, never tried them for fear of squashing them.

Love it!!!! These still crack me up!!!!  @moxiepancakesIMG_2414.jpg

Tamara76 wrote:

Love it!!!! These still crack me up!!!!  @moxiepancakesIMG_2414.jpg

This one still cracks me up. 

bt introduced me to some AMAZING ladies who have become some amazing friends!  we've gone from llamas, unicorns, whack a mole and cheers (thanks to @killahbabe for what is one of my fave pics) 

Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 8.06.58 PM.png

to vacays, convos and forever friends!!! 

Too many hilarious memes and photoshops to count! Two of my favorites. If you don't remember these... you're too young for me, bro! 😄

Uprising over being moved "off topic"Uprising over being moved "off topic"Sephora NewscastSephora Newscast

I have been a member of this community for a while now, and it is one of my favorite places on the internet.  Even though I am not the most prolific contributor, I love seeing deals, hauls, sneak peaks, memes, sharing beauty tips, and participating in TSBs.  I hope this community continues to be all this and more!

Im going to miss BT and all of you!!!!! 
❤️  LOVE ALL YOU FINE LADIES!!!

just got my Hall of Famer Kit in the mail too 

Im sad to see BT GO 😞 

(Feel free to give me a follow in insta as well:  ukrainian_beauty1028 

First off all, a very merry unbirthday (or happy birthday) to our new community. May it be as wonderful and as amazing as it has been to us for the oh so many years we have already contributed to it.

If I were to look back at my years with BeautyTalk and think of all my MANY WONDERFUL memories.. I will always look back fondly at all the different RAK gift box exchanges I have participated in as well as both the sending and receiving of Unicorn/Mermaid mail. Here are some pics of my fondest mail memories:

Image-1.jpgAll these packages have meant (more than) the world to me and have kept my days so happy, even in times of struggle and sorrow. They are really what make BeautyTalk the amazing and comforting place that it has become for me!!!

Image-1-1.jpgImage-1-2.jpg

IMG_3961.JPG

Tagging only a few people in regards to this really doesn't do it justice but just for the sake of this post: 

@ElleElleG @Tamara76 @ZombieMetroAnt @Beadshopgirl @Mcakes @alexasteph @angel7594 @veronika23 @pixiedust2 @myumew

OH HOW I LOVED UNICORN & MERMAID MAIL. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Awww! Love you, too!  ❤️   @willa25

Can I just tell you I'm totally jelly of the mermaid and unicorn posts!!! SO sad I missed out on that little adventure!!! Looks like fun!!!!!

Pegusus' and llamas and unicorns,  oh my!!!  This package has so much character.  I just wanna jump in that box and live there forever! 

I think I stumbled on BT while I was googling for Sephora promo codes (LOL!). Shortly after my short-lived lurking started the first Mega rewards debacle (the one that launched in the middle of night) occurred, and while it may not have been the very best first impression, I found it quite encouraging to see so many people being so supportive of each other. And how can I ever forget Josie Maran's fish-shaped "J" autograph! 

I'm so grateful to have met so many wonderful ladies here on BT. Though I have yet to meet anyone in real life (ahem @NancieNano! 😉 ), I have many fond memories with so many people here. 

My first trade was with @Anonymous back in July '15, and that was a load of fun! She was patient and very helpful in guiding me through trading. Then there was the mascara incident that @pixiedust2 described below-- to be completely fair, it was more like a trade, because she sent me a too faced bronzer in return. I was getting paranoid about her not receiving the item, because I already sent her all I had! The chewed up package that showed up a month after was... well, relieving and upsetting, and just overall ridiculous. 😉

One of the moments that I absolutely cannot forget about is receiving labor advice from @quetzalina. Crazy it may sound, I know! It all started from this Diptyque conversation that I had, then along the line I learned that she could be someone that I ask questions on giving birth to my first child. So my then-super-pregnant-self sent her a PM, and I received a genuinely helpful, supporting answer that I literally took to the labor/delivery room. It was so enlightening and helpful that even my nurse was asking if I had been taking childbirth classes! Nope, no class needed-- it was all from my BT friend. 😉 

Many trades, all around the world gift exchanges, those mega rewards ..umm... "incidents" and so many other funny, touching and just all around lovely posts are something that I will never forget from BT. The only thing I am so sad about is that I didn't have a chance to screenshot my old avatar along with the HOF status! womp womp. I hope this is a start of a great new era for all of us! ❤️

@NarNarNars,  yes, yes, I know so close yet so far away! Hopefully you'll be coming to the area again soon. Now that the wedding is over, I can actually breathe!

Oh wow, the newness is upon us! I like the look, very sleek! And I see how it's organized by topics! I think. This will take a little learning. 

Beauty talk has been such a great resource for years, and I am glad there is a place for all the beauty love to continue. I've always been into makeup, but I never really wore much.. I mostly collected photos from magazines of editorial looks, and wore next to nothing neutrals in life. I remember when I discovered YouTube tutorials, blog reviews, online swatches, Sephora reviews and ratings.. And then beauty talk. It was such an eye-opening experience through technology. Suddenly, the mind boggling amount of products available are not so intimidating. I feel I can research, look at pictures, ask questions and really zoom in on the products that I love, or am likely to love. I also know hot to use them better than I ever could have from magazines. Yes, my collection has grown substantially, but I love it & I love trying new things, and getting psyched about the new things coming down the road! 

I hope this posts okay, my iPad is having some weird issues!

I joined BT after another makeup-related website underwent changes and Unfortunately it was never the same. I don't post a ton, by I am constantly reading & hearting. I can't explain how awesome it is to be around (virtually ha) people who share similar interests. Especially when others think you're being frivolous & just don't understand the excitement in a new palette.

By far, I really fell in love with this community during the first Too Faced Sweet Peach launch. I stalked & laughed & celebrated & had a great time! Communities enrich people's lives and you guys have gotten me through really rough, life-changing events without even realizing it. 

Oh my gosh, so many changes to BT! I stumbled upon BT accidentally in January 2014 because I discovered the Naked palettes and didn't know if I wanted 1 or 3 (I went with 3 :D). As most people do, I asked, which one is best for me? I had probably stepped foot in a Sephora store like twice before this. From then, I found my place mostly in the What Are You Wearing thread. I remember being so scared and nervous to post a picture of my face on the internet! LOL but I was met with so much kindness and positivity. I met so many beautiful souls, too many to name, who even though I never had the opportunity to meet in person, were there through the lows (the passing of my sister) and then the highs (engagement and marriage). I was offered so much support from people who really didn't have to do or say anything really. For that, BT will always hold a special place in my heart. Not to mention, it's just an awesome place with people who are tons of fun and hilarious! 

Look at that...I thought I wasnt gonna be sappy 😂 I didnt realize our photos would be deleted (or I just can't find them) so here's the oldest photo I could find from 11/2014 and then now wearing the Bite Hall of Famer lipstick. 💄IMG_20141211_081044~2.jpg

20170712_073923-01.jpeg

You're just as gorgeous as the first time I ever set you (but maybe with waaaay coooler hair) !  You look absolutely fab in pink lipstick!  

heartsmyface wrote:

You're just as gorgeous as the first time I ever set you (but maybe with waaaay coooler hair) !  You look absolutely fab in pink lipstick!  

@heartsmyface this showed up in my notifications or whatever so I think this comment is for me. If it is, thank you!! 💓 If this comment wasnt for me, then that's embarrassing....😂

1 Reply
testing