Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

BeautyTalk Yearbook

As you may have noticed, we are planning major upgrades to our community. In a couple of days you will see exactly what we have been hinting at! We are incredibly excited and think that this transformation will make our community even better and easier to use. One of the major updates we are making is that we are sunsetting the name BeautyTalk and making way for the new Community experience. We are super sad to see our beloved BeautyTalk go, but we’ll still have all of the same content and people that make this community awesome, and that’s what really matters.

While we are thrilled, we totally understand that change can be scary, so we wanted to take a moment to reflect on all of the goodness we’ve experienced here on BeautyTalk over the years.

We’re creating this thread to serve as a “yearbook” of sorts to share your favorite BeautyTalk memories. We don’t do it enough so let’s take a moment to share why we love this community, our fondest memories, and all the hilarious memes. 🙂 

And all you beautiful Hall of Famers who received your custom Bite lippie, you can post your pics here too, we’d love to see them.

We love you and are so excited for the journey ahead!
Katie, Candace and the entire Sephora Community Team

Re: BeautyTalk Yearbook

@Tamara76 A perfect send off! Thanks doll!

@Randell ❤️ ❤️ 🦄 

@angel7594 You are the sweetest BT angel ever! 

My other twin!!! 💙🐬🦄

See you on the flip side Twinkie! You've been an amazing inspiration, enabler, and friend @veronika23 !!

@Randellsee you there you awesome mermaid unicorn you! 💙

I joined in January 2017 but I haven't logged on/posted much. I've mostly lurked lol. I'm excited for the new changes and hopefully I'll be on and post more in this amazing community! 

I've been a BT member since July 2011 and was mostly a lurker. I started becoming more active a year or so ago and I'm still kicking myself for not coming out of my shell sooner. I absolutely love BT. It's my happy place and refuge. I have never liked change (seriously, I have to be dragged kicking and screaming!), but I think we'll all get through this. 

See you on the other side everyone!

bt3.PNGbt4.PNG

Yes, we will get through us and emerge in the new community as even more beautiful butterflies than before.   ❤️   @lmi82

Related image

Yes we will. @Tamara76 🙂 

@lmi82 You were the person that pushed me to start the Disney thread I had been wanting to start for SO long, and I'll always be thankful to you for that. 

We've so much fun in that thread and it has enabled so many purchases from me (hmm, maybe I shouldn't be thanking you after all 😂)

Thanks for all the Disney Love!

Oh @pixiedust2... you're gonna make me cry!

Related image

I'm so happy that you started the Disney thread. It's one of my favorite places on BT. See you on the other side!

IMG_2017.PNG

Looks like I joined in 2014 and I cannot for the life of me remember how I found y'all, but I am super happy that I did! ❤️

From the enabling of new purchases (doesn't take a lot to twist my arm when makeup is involved...) to the advice to the RAK/Snack exchanges to the llamas, I have looked forward to my (almost) daily mini vacations to BT! 

The best part about Beauty Talk, though, has to be the friendships I have made here!   I love y'all and will  see you soon!   😘😘😘

youre totally in good company! i cant remember how I foind or why I joined but BT came to be something like a second home 🙂

So happy to have found you here @Tamara76 You're my Disney twin! You share so many of my loves. And you've enabled many of my purchases too LOL! See you on the other side 💜

@pixiedust2  Smooches!!!! ❤️

maleficent.gif

Thank you to everyone for making BT a wonderful place.

The dearest memories I have are from the ELF boxes.  I have met some truly genuine ladies here and the participation goes beyond the community.

Many of us don't have people in our lives that share the same beauty love.  This community has joined us together. ❤️ 

BeautyTalk.PNG

I don't know how to post my stats/where it is but I'll edit this once I figure it out.

I've been a VERY active lurker for three years but the majority of my posting began in 2016 with this avi:

sephavi.png

My favorite memories are of the threads I most heavily followed: notcreative's Deals, veronika23's upcoming product releases, and lachaton's Bazaar. I wish I could say I made enough of an impact to be recognizable but you guys definitely left a huge impression on me. 

None of my friends and family enjoy makeup at the level that all of us here do which is why this has been such an amazing outlet. It's so rare to see such a supportive and drama free community. The amount of product information I've learned, the money I've saved, the Fomo that's been averted, the hilarious memes, etc. is something I really cherish. I look forward to experiencing the new changes with you all. ❤️

I remember that avi! 🙂

I'm a little sad that this is my last post on the old BT... as one of the old schoolers I have to admit that this was my home for quite awhile. I've always gotten inspiration here, and a part of me will always love it.

ETA: I was lurking around my DMs the other day and I have active DMs from at least 2013. Who remembers the BT free shadow promo?

I still have mine.

I know I've been a member and lurker for longer than that, since it saw me through many of life's great moments- even if you didn't know. BT has been there even to lurk for buying my home, turning 30... and 35..., through moments of private anguish as I dealt with terrible personal loss. I chose not to publicly share those details, but thank you.

I know it was much longer than that because I remember sending off a "fairly recent" photo to get this custom avi- another HOFer perk that I remember. I took that trip back in 2011!

So thank you to all.

ETAx2: Apparently I lurked until October 2012:starletta8_bt.png

OK, OK, I'm done bumping posts.

But if you're interested about the few custom avis floating about, check this out for another hour: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/NEW-CUSTOM-AVATARS-FOR-TOP-CONTRIBUTORS/td-p/669805

1 Reply
testing