Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

BeautyTalk Yearbook

As you may have noticed, we are planning major upgrades to our community. In a couple of days you will see exactly what we have been hinting at! We are incredibly excited and think that this transformation will make our community even better and easier to use. One of the major updates we are making is that we are sunsetting the name BeautyTalk and making way for the new Community experience. We are super sad to see our beloved BeautyTalk go, but we’ll still have all of the same content and people that make this community awesome, and that’s what really matters.

While we are thrilled, we totally understand that change can be scary, so we wanted to take a moment to reflect on all of the goodness we’ve experienced here on BeautyTalk over the years.

We’re creating this thread to serve as a “yearbook” of sorts to share your favorite BeautyTalk memories. We don’t do it enough so let’s take a moment to share why we love this community, our fondest memories, and all the hilarious memes. 🙂 

And all you beautiful Hall of Famers who received your custom Bite lippie, you can post your pics here too, we’d love to see them.

We love you and are so excited for the journey ahead!
Katie, Candace and the entire Sephora Community Team

Re: BeautyTalk Yearbook

I will definitely be there, girl!   So happy you joined us and look forward to good times to come! ❤️❤️❤️  @unfungirl

@unfungirl💙💙💙

@unfungirl ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

@angel7594 @veronika23 ❤️💕😘

Any of you BTers participate in a TSB? I started the first one here in 2010 after learning about them on the Sephora Facebook page, Woohoo!!!

@mermadelove I remember them on the Facebook page! I feel like there was a lot less drama with them over here. 

@keelybt That is EXACTLY why I started to TSB here! I had a lousy experience on the FB page and had met people I knew I could trust here and it made all the difference in the world. I was SO EXCITED to see that it is  still going strong!!!! I'm glad to be back to make new friends and see some old!

@mermadelove that makes you a legend in my eyes! 

Lol! @heartsmyface  Awww thanks so much! 🙂

BT Yearbook

I didn't realize I'd been a BT member for so long (aka longtime lurker).  Around the time I joined I was more hair obsessed and belonged to a few hair boards so I only checked in here & there to see if there were any hair discussions.  My interests in makeup began just before I graduated from undergrad because I needed to figure out what products would make me fabulous for my graduation photos.

When I finally decided to post I was afraid I wouldn't fit in so I avoided posting in many of the super popular threads or jumping into conversations with some of the more well-known BTers.  I have to credit B2S and @veronika23 for engaging with me & making me feel welcome here.  Overtime you all converted me into a serious makeup addict which made me even more reliant on BT since few people in my life are as interested in it as I am.

I've loved interacting with many of you (particularly when the gifs come out to play) and I look forward to continuing in the revised community 💚💜💙

Spoiler

M928 1st Attempt

The 1st photo of myself I uploaded.  I just knew you all would think I was strange for these closeups of my massive eyeball & my rookie technique 🙈.  

@ElleElleG💙🖤💙

Oh my gosh you started near the same time as me!  I started the following January though I was already Sephora obsessed before then.  I lurked around for seconds and jumped in, lol!  

I couldn't remember when BT became a part of my life, so I had to go look back and refer to some of my oldest and first posts. I definitely used BT for different reasons in the beginning than I do now. Before, it was more of an alternative to phoning/emailing for customer service (because back in the day, Canadians always received points based on USD prices instead of 1 point per dollar. Do you guys remember how annoying that was??? to always have to ask for point adjustments every so often! And remember when the spending minimum for promos were also according to USD prices and every so often, there was a discrepancy with CAD prices?? That used to drive me bananas.) haha, but over time this came to be a place to seek refuge when I wanted to destress and a place that I was able to make a lot of really wonderful friends.

And even though, I've posted less in the last while because well... life happens and gets in the way sometimes, I will always miss the first iteration of BT. But I am also excited for what comes next... because we sure have come a long way and the best is always yet to come. I look forward to seeing everyone on the other side 😄

Ugh, the points conversion was the worst! But yes, the mods here were amazing. Kevin was fantastic at helping me figure out my points! 

@veronika23@lachaton hahah I remember I used to keep a spreadsheet with my purchases and US prices and after a handful of purchases, I would message one of the mods! I remember Kevin helping me figure out my spend total for the year because that was also according to Canadian prices lol. Of course now, requalifying for rouge is a breeze, but dropping a grand, was a lot more money to me back then!

@myxducky  haha I kept a spreadsheet too 😄

OMG I remember all the Canadian problems 😄

@veronika23 there are obviously still some Canadian problems but... we sure have come a long way and I'm glad we dont have to contact the mods all the tine about points adjustments anymore!!

yes I remember that too!!! lol

Yep!  I remember messaging our dear mods all the time to have my points converted over.  

As much as I don't like change I'm kind of getting excited about what to expect.  

Let's see.... My first post was in December of 2013. Soon after, I felt brave enough to ask BT to help me pick a look for a 70's themed event, including outfit and hair. That was a fun exchange, I think it was 2014 that I led the Black Friday post. That's when I found out how time consuming it can be to lead a thread. lol. Much respect to those that do so.  

I really enjoy this community and don't post as much as I used to, but I log in almost every night before bed. My little nighttime ritual. Looking forward to whatever is next. Hearts to everyone!! 

testing