Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

BeautyTalk Yearbook

As you may have noticed, we are planning major upgrades to our community. In a couple of days you will see exactly what we have been hinting at! We are incredibly excited and think that this transformation will make our community even better and easier to use. One of the major updates we are making is that we are sunsetting the name BeautyTalk and making way for the new Community experience. We are super sad to see our beloved BeautyTalk go, but we’ll still have all of the same content and people that make this community awesome, and that’s what really matters.

While we are thrilled, we totally understand that change can be scary, so we wanted to take a moment to reflect on all of the goodness we’ve experienced here on BeautyTalk over the years.

We’re creating this thread to serve as a “yearbook” of sorts to share your favorite BeautyTalk memories. We don’t do it enough so let’s take a moment to share why we love this community, our fondest memories, and all the hilarious memes. 🙂 

And all you beautiful Hall of Famers who received your custom Bite lippie, you can post your pics here too, we’d love to see them.

We love you and are so excited for the journey ahead!
Katie, Candace and the entire Sephora Community Team

Re: BeautyTalk Yearbook

I haven't been on BT for nearly as long as many of you, but I will carry the fondest memories of this place. I've lurked for many years more than I've posted, so I just wanted to thank all of you for all of the advice, news, compliments and enabling you've provided over the years. BT has always been a bit of an escape for me, so I appreciate every moment I've spent here.

Thanks to those who have taught me things and helped improve my skincare and makeup routines.

Thanks to those who take the time to answer questions in a personal and in depth way - your contributions are invaluable.

Thanks to those who keep me up to date on what's new and upcoming in the beauty world - there's always something new to get excited about!

Thanks to those who try products and write reviews - you've probably helped me decide on countless purchases.

Thanks to those who post llamas and Disney pictures and all the things that make me laugh and smile - this place is sooo much more than a corporate makeup forum.

Thanks to those who organize and participate in TSBs, gift exchanges, and unicorn mail - everyone's generosity and joy and love really comes through in all the unboxing posts.

Hope to see you all again in our new home!

BT YB.JPG

I joined right around the beginning of 2015! It was a huge leap for me to post after lurking for a long time.  So odd since everyone was very welcoming, but very intimidating having so many beautiful women with so much knowledge.

I've learned more than I ever thought I could on here, including how to have a little more confidence in myself.  Depression and anxiety are a part of my day to day life and even the thought of posting a picture of myself online was horrific.  Seeing how encouraging everyone here is helped me to get over that.  I love how positive everyone is with each other and seeing women support each other instead of tearing each other down is very inspiring. Yes, I've seen a few disagreements but Beauty Talk and make up has always been a safe  space for not only me but I'm sure others as well.  I'm actually more comfortable in this amazing group posting pictures than I am with my friends and family on Facebook.  

I was actually at my parents house when I saw I became a hall of famer, they didn't understand my excitement, my joy, and the feeling of acceptance something like a status on an online forum gave me.  

My significant other often rolls his eyes at my insistance of checking in daily, but he's seen how excited I get when I talk about all you lovely humans, so he's also sad about my safe space changing.  

I really hope everyone moves forward with the new boards and we can all, myself included, help out someone new.  Thank you to everyone here so much for just being you and helping me so much even when you didn't know you were!

So happy you are here! You have often brightened my day! ❤️  @missjeanie

I have been a member of BT since May 2015.  I think I arrived right during the Epic Rewards FaiI. What's happening here!  I have so many favorite people and favorite memories here!  I Laugh Out Loud a lot!  Promo Code addictions...  I remember when it was a big leap to post the first time.  It wasn't long ago that it was a very big deal to strive to gain Hall of Fame status!  Well, look what happened with that.  😉  You all are important to me!

Yup, see you on the other side!  🙂

I haven't been on BT all that long compared to some of the lovely people here (I think it was March 2016 that I joined). It was the chaotic first launch of the Too Faced Sweet Peach palette that brought me here, where a bunch of us refreshed our browsers for practically 24hrs straight. After that I was hooked! 😄

I have been honoured to be part of the Canadian Christmas and ROK gift exchanges, especially considering I was such a newbie. Everyone has been so sweet and welcoming and I love this community! I have a lot of amazing memories, like getting a hundred(ish) seashells from @dyslexia, the never-ending kindness/generosity of @ZombieMetroAnt, and forever waiting for a cool-toned palette with @veronika23. 😄

Spoiler
Still waiting.

💜

Aw @Asche right back at ya Heart  

Image result for aw shucks gif

@Asche  HAHAHAHAHA yup still waiting 😄  🖤💙🖤

Image result for still waiting gif

@veronika23 aw yeah, another good memory: all the Jensen Ackles gifs. 😄

thank you to all who post Supernatural gifs, they make my day brighter XD 

@veronika23 Love him!  I try to sneak peeks at him when I'm working and the TV is on!

@greeneyedgirl107  hahaha nice 🙂

When you guys find that cool toned palette, let me know! The MUFE mattes is as close as I've found for less money than visiart!

No problem @missjeanie! Seems like it's gonna be a looooong wait. 😛

@missjeanie@Asche  ABH is coming out with one (I think she called it cool toned) although I didn't think it was that much cool toned LOL

@veronika23 Are you thinking of the Subculture palette? It wasn't exactly the cool-toned palette I was expecting either. 😞

@Asche  yeah. Wasn't what I expected either 😞

So many lovely messages! It turns out I have been a member since 2012 but I think I've been active on BT in the last 2 years or so. I only got into makeup and skincare in the last couple of years. BT has been a great resource (and enabler for many purchases! Made Rouge for the first time last year because of all the promo codes! Haha). I've learned a lot and everyone is so generous with their time, answering questions and writing detailed reviews.

Thanks to all the BT members and mods for creating a fun place in this little corner of the Internet. See you in the Community!

My yearbook would consist of many, many thanks for the lovely members of this community who have helped me with issues, product questions, and friends I have found here.  ❤️ 

It has been my privilege to start and maintain the trade threads, which was an idea created by this community.  Trades and TSBs have been fun and have taken my makeup addiction to new heights.  🙂  Brand threads, such as Urban Decay, are a fantastic resource for finding specific information and keeping an eye on new releases.

See y'all on the other side!  🙂

syd1.jpg

Ah yes reading more of these reminds me that I became active and hit Rouge when that first started up. It took a little while for the program to develop to what it is today. 🙂  For a while it was less distinguishable from VIB. I am pretty happy with it today and have hit Rouge every year since.

4 Replies
testing