Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

BeautyTalk Yearbook

As you may have noticed, we are planning major upgrades to our community. In a couple of days you will see exactly what we have been hinting at! We are incredibly excited and think that this transformation will make our community even better and easier to use. One of the major updates we are making is that we are sunsetting the name BeautyTalk and making way for the new Community experience. We are super sad to see our beloved BeautyTalk go, but we’ll still have all of the same content and people that make this community awesome, and that’s what really matters.

While we are thrilled, we totally understand that change can be scary, so we wanted to take a moment to reflect on all of the goodness we’ve experienced here on BeautyTalk over the years.

We’re creating this thread to serve as a “yearbook” of sorts to share your favorite BeautyTalk memories. We don’t do it enough so let’s take a moment to share why we love this community, our fondest memories, and all the hilarious memes. 🙂 

And all you beautiful Hall of Famers who received your custom Bite lippie, you can post your pics here too, we’d love to see them.

We love you and are so excited for the journey ahead!
Katie, Candace and the entire Sephora Community Team

Re: BeautyTalk Yearbook

@vegchililover78 I am truly sorry you feel that way, but I have to say you are not alone in your feelings. Please know that I have always appreciated you and have discovered first-hand just what an incredibly kind and generous person you are. I will never ever forget your out of the blue offer to send me your TF gift because you already owned it. I think of you fondly every time I wear it. I hope you think of me when you eat dark chocolate salted caramels. 🙂 In any case, please know that no matter what you decide to do you'll always matter to me.

What an incredible gesture! This is why I love BT so much. Sweet people who are willing to help out just because. I hope you stick around too @jozkid Heart

@vegchililover78 @jozkid The two of you are such lovely people. I hope both of you continue to hang around "new BT" for a long, long time!

@vegchililover78 - You are  funny, complimentary, nice, positive, fair, honest and practical!  I look forward to your posts.  I understand how you feel, though.  I hope you will stay; I'll definitely miss you if you don't!

@vegchililover You have a place in my heart.  I always found you to be such a gentle soul with a smile of gold.  I knew the name listing was gonna bite somehow!  You're totally on my first inner circle list!!!! Hugs!!!!  

Aw Veg, you're so lovely and I really hope you stick around! It wouldn't be the same without you!

@vegchililover78 my impression of you has been all those things (nice, complimentary, fair, honest, practical.) you strike me as extremely sincere, which could make some people worried about your disapproval. unfounded, but that's what you get for being sincere. I hope you stay - you were active on the lipstick playground when I first found BT. 

In the spirit of the recent spammers, you stay or I comment on every post of yours I can find! (It may take a while, I have stuff going on. But I can do it.)

Ohh, Vegi... It makes me so sad to read this. You are such a wonderful, kind, generous person, and a real gem. I know I am so very glad you are part of this community, and every photo you post of your lovely face makes me smile! I kid you not! You emanate such positive, serene vibes, and down to Earth personality, I only wish I knew you irl. I so love seeing you around here. Would love to see you stay. Heart

@vegchililover78

@lyravega great lips and great heart.

I hope you do stay active @vegchililover78 because I think everything you said is 100% accurate, you are funny, complimentary, nice, positive, fair, honest and practical! You've been nothing but a joy to have around, thank you for helping make BT awesome ❤

I'm not sure when I officially joined and not sure how to check? I started becoming more active in 2013/2014.  You get used to "seeing" certain posters and enjoy chatting with them.  I have only had wonderful interactions/conversations with you lovely BTers. I think it's only going to get better! 

I can show you how @jen81@veronika23 recently showed me how 😄 All you need to do is to go to the search bar under your BT profile and the Who's Online section and type your BT name in 🙂 

I agree, I think it's only going to get better 

While trying to check my profile to see when I first started following BT, I discovered I had actually made myself a year older than I really am and wrote the wrong birthdate. lol 

Which brings me to one of the things I like the best about BT.  I love being enabled (really!) and learning about all of the different good things in life.  But I really appreciate the creativity and humor I see here.  I'm a very reserved person in real life and online, and I am amazed at the talent I see on here, in many different areas. 

There are so many lovely, kind ladies on here; it's hard to believe so many have congregated in one place. I feel sorry for all of the other beauty forums! 🙂

I have gotten into the habit of telling my kids that the people they play games with online aren't really their friends since they've never met them.  I might have to rescind that opinion because I know that I do have some "real" friends on BT that give me a lot of joy and I hope I do the same.

The creativity and humor is top notch! I have learned so much from you all.  This community is truly uplifting, at least it has been for me.  Been through a lot of health issues past few years and this community has been such a blessing. 

From as best as I can tell I joined BT in 2013 (possibly 2014). I've met so many lovely people here. I wish that I could be as fortunate to have a BT meet up, but we're all so scattered across the countries. It's amazing that even though we can be thousands of miles apart we are a family here. I'm grateful and fortunate enough to call many of you my friends. And even though I hate change I look forward to our new home. This is the first look I posted on BT. Oh how I needed to blend that crease color :D. Thank you for being my friends - I love you all, and wouldn't trade my friendships here for all the makeup in the world 😘

Spoiler
IMG_20150705_141018.jpg

image.jpeg

Aww, BT Yearbook. What I remember the most are the lovely people I've chosen to be friends with off BT.  The meet ups, laughs, drinks, makeup shopping. There are some wonderful folks here! So to my squad- @Sprytely@greenchilli@michelleshops @talinder @Zpsid91 @Anonymous, @TriesToBoClassy and all the ones I forgot: "KIT"! (Gotta keep the yearbook theme!) 

I love this collage and regret not heading to NY with y'all. It's so incredible when your forum friends can become friends in real life.

@mrsbaine

I had a lovely time in NYC with you guys.  

I have met some lovely women from here, and they have been more charming IRL than even on BT.

I am fortunate to have them be part of my life.

I was just looking through my PM's and saw an ooooold message from @candacebt letting me know that Sephora was sending me MD operricone products to review for being an original BT member. My first PM dates back to 2010!!!!!!!!! I was very active until 2014 but then the demands of new motherhood were too much to allow me to sustain my BT legacy (LOL!)  I opnly returned recently to do something fun for myself now that my daughter was old enough to have playdates and entertain herself. BT and the lovely people I met here, most of whom no longer post, helped me through a majorly difficult patch in my life. BT is where I came to do something fun and help people who wouldn't look at me strangely or be uncomfortable around me after the death of my first daughter ( she was stillborn). Then when my husband and I finally had our lovely little one, six weeks later he was diagnosed with cancer. He's fine now, but those years were incredibly difficult and I never would have survuved with my sanity if it wasn't for this community, This is where I came to get my 'art supplies' to do my face. Those 30 minutes of makeup time were the often the only fun time Ihad in a day dealing with a newborn, a sick husband, having to move repeatedly blah, blah, blah. Coming back recently was due to the memories of how much fun I had coming here and playing with make up and needing to reconnect with tht playful energy. So thank you Sephora, Thank you BT community members for always being there-- at literally all hours!! HOF.JPG~*~~*~*Sparkle ON~*~~*~*

Here's mine 🙂

IMG_3620.JPG
Even though I joined in 2010, I was a major lurker. I didn't start posting until 2013-2014. Makes me sad that I waited that long but so happy I finally took the leap.

BT will always be very special to me. I've made actual REAL LIFE friends here LOL! I've been lucky enough to meet some BT'ers in person, and others I stay in contact with via email or text. @notcreative and I had lunch in Vegas a few years back and it was so much fun to meet her and she even made me a gift box full of samples. We went to the candy store and sampled chocolate and bought lots of sugar.

@NancieNano was the first real friend I made here. We bonded over our dog's IBS issues and coconut oil LOL. Strange way to meet a friend 😄 @veronika23 and @ZombieMetroAnt email me daily, chatting about Coffee Crisp, mermaids and what we are going to buy next. And we are always happy to order things for each other and ship presents and things we can't get in our own countries. I value these friendships so much, and I'm still amazed that I met these people online.

@NarNarNars was the first person that reached out to just send me a sample for free. I was blown away by this stranger's generosity. I had been dying to try the Benefit Roller Lash and everyone in the world had a sample but me. Nari PM'd me and kindly sent two to me. They got lost in the mail and finally arrived about a month later. The envelope was shredded to bits but the mascaras survived the USPS debacle. She was so worried that I didn't get them and was even going to send me another one to make up for it, all while she was traveling overseas. If I can find that picture I'll post it. Made Nari crack up 😄

So so many other people to mention that are just the sweetest! @Ispend2much6 @EvangelineDamon @Randell  @angel7594friends that share my passion for things like cookies and lipstick and Disney, baby bats, moths, Barbies and creepy stuff too 💀👻

There are so many wonderful people here, and I think more than anything I will always remember the kindness I found here. I've said it many times, but BT is an oasis in a scary internet world.

And before I forget, @KatieBT and @candacebt Thank you so much for all you do here for us. You really care about us and it shows. I will never forget getting a PM from Katie about Receiving gratis from Pat McGrath. I think I nearly fainted! I was lusting after that red glitter lip kit SO hard and getting to receive that to try and review will always be in my top five BT moments. I still have all the sequins and I'll keep them forever LOL!

I'm excited for the changes. I know we're in good hands and that Candace values this place probably more than the rest of us. This is her baby and she won't leave us hanging. So even though change can be scary, I think we have a lot of exciting new things to look forward to in the Gallery. It's going to be hard to stop calling it BT though. Not sure I'll ever stop 🙂

@pixiedust2  That is a beautiful tribute!  As I always say, you are a writer at heart. 🙂  Your very large heart. 🙂

testing