Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

BeautyTalk Yearbook

As you may have noticed, we are planning major upgrades to our community. In a couple of days you will see exactly what we have been hinting at! We are incredibly excited and think that this transformation will make our community even better and easier to use. One of the major updates we are making is that we are sunsetting the name BeautyTalk and making way for the new Community experience. We are super sad to see our beloved BeautyTalk go, but we’ll still have all of the same content and people that make this community awesome, and that’s what really matters.

While we are thrilled, we totally understand that change can be scary, so we wanted to take a moment to reflect on all of the goodness we’ve experienced here on BeautyTalk over the years.

We’re creating this thread to serve as a “yearbook” of sorts to share your favorite BeautyTalk memories. We don’t do it enough so let’s take a moment to share why we love this community, our fondest memories, and all the hilarious memes. 🙂 

And all you beautiful Hall of Famers who received your custom Bite lippie, you can post your pics here too, we’d love to see them.

We love you and are so excited for the journey ahead!
Katie, Candace and the entire Sephora Community Team

Re: BeautyTalk Yearbook

Oh wow!  I remember you posting that fierce photo and thinking 'omg she's an off duty supermodel!'

I've only been on BT for a few years and it is one of my very favorite places on the internet. When I first joined, I was so struck by how encouraging everyone was, particularly on the What Are You Wearing type threads. 

My favorite memory is kind of silly, but it was when a mod sent me a Friends & Family code. I remember I was having a particularly rough week, and that gesture made everything a little better. I felt like I belonged...I was so happy I almost started crying :). ❤️ ❤️

I've been the Community Manager of BeautyTalk since the beginning, so seeing the name go is bittersweet for me. But I'm SO EXCITED for you guys to see the redesign and try the new experience. It's going to be in beta for a while so we can work out the (inevitable) kinks, but I can't wait to hear what you think of it (okay well maybe I can, be gentle :)). 

It's been such an honor and a pleasure building this community and getting to know all of our wonderful members, and as long as you guys hang around and keep this place fun (and friendly, and helpful and all of the things), I know it's still going to be the most awesome corner of the internet. 

Also...flashback! Who remembers the VERY FIRST BeautyTalk homepage?? 

Original BT.jpg

Okay, now I have the feels!  :,)

We love you, @candacebt!

Man, I love ya'll too! *sniff*

xoxoxoxoxoxo!

I've been on BT for a number of years now and I still remember when I first started posting and looking up to the Hall of Famers. While I can't recall a specific memory at the moment I just always loved seeing people helping others no matter what the situation was. It always seemed like someone was right there to help. It's nice to share our passion with other people who have the same appreciation for it.

And well we can't forget the llamas 😄

00038.jpg

Capture.JPG

Oh this gives me the feels! I've only been on BT for a little over two years, but it's the best little corner of the internet I've ever stumbled across. My "story":

After 26 years as a makeup minimalist who never ventured beyond the drugstore, I tried an Anastasia Brow Wiz and a Dior foundation on a whim and suddenly went plummeting down the rabbit hole, never to go back. I found BT while looking for more info about Epic Rewards, for which I had racked up enough points at an embarrassingly fast rate, and then the What Are You Wearing Today thread sucked me in.

I was extremely intimidated to start posting, but once I did, everyone was SO welcoming. I'm a hardcore introvert in person and it takes me a really long time to feel like I belong in a group, but that was not my experience with the BT community. I'm so delighted to now call several ladies here my IRL friends. This is a corporate-hosted beauty forum, but it's also so much more than that, and while the layout may change, I hope that aspect never does!

Here's the very first selfie I ever posted on BT, followed by my most recent showing off the lovely Hall of Famer lipstick. 🙂

1.jpg

2.jpg

@TopazBeth oh wow!  You've really grown into yourself in the last two years and it shows in your pictures!  I love this!!!!

I'm so glad you started this thread Katie!  So many lovely memories.  I'm going to post my first BT selfie which is of course, sideways on desktop.  I'be made so great friends thanks to BT and I'm sad to see it change but so eternally grateful for the wonderful people it's brought into my life!IMG_4559[1].JPG

A couple moments that stick out are waiting around with everyone for the MAC Rocky Horror Picture show release and helping @notcreative choose her makeup for a 20's theme party.  It felt like a bunch of galpals sitting around helping a friend and is a memory I hold near and dear to my hear.   

I'll be here waiting to read everyone else's favorite moments!Image result for eating popcorn gif gus

That was a great memory to me as well and a constant reminder of how amazing this community is. I was obsessed with the Rocky Horror Picture Show in middle school. It's too bad I did not buy anything from that collection, but I definitely remember a lot of the late night chats about random things. I guess my biggest memory will be that even though I was too sad to log in most days this year, someone was usually very kind and tagged me into these threads that bring me some joy. You are all very wonderful! Thanks Michelle. I am glad I met you here.

3 Replies
testing