Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Beauty product you own too many of

What is one type of beauty product you own too much of?

For me, it's eyeliners.  I don't know what happenned at one point where I bought tons of different types of eyeliners!  I have atleast 5 black pencil liners (looking for "the one"), atleast a dozen UD 24/7 liners (from sets), 5-6 different colored gel liners from Tarte, Smashbox, Bobby Brown etc, and atleast 6-7 different liquid liners, atleast 3 of them are black!  Crazy how this stuff builds up!

I also have quite a bit of eyeshadows, particularly Bare Escentuals loose shadows.  I got so obsessed I just kept buying them!

What about you?  What's the one type of beauty product you own too much of?

Re: Beauty product you own too many of

Lipsticks  I have a huge weakness for lipsticks! Just when I think I'm done there's just one more I need. (Not really) but you know how it is makeup is just so much fun!! (lol)

I seriously have WAY too many eyeshadows lol. Whenever I am shopping for makeup, I always tend to buy a new eyeshadow, when I should be getting something that I actually need Smiley Tongue Every time I get home from Sephora, I then realize I don't need any more eyeshadows but I need something like a new mascara or foundation, or something that is just essential haha. The eyeshadows are just the first thing that catches my attention because there are so many different beautiful colors to choose from!

LexiKaye<3

Tons of eye shadows, and lip products!

I don't look at my insane collection of eye shadows as "too much" though, because it's a variety of shades and finishes that I have, rather than just seemingly one shade but from multiple brands.

I've got tons of lipsticks, liners, glosses, balms, you name it. In squeeze tubes, pots, tins, tubes, brushes applicators, wand applicators, shimmer, matte, cream, satin, gloss, again....you name it!

I have too much eyeshadow. I counted because Im doing my friends' make up for halloween so I did swatches  on paper to get a feel for what colors I really had and I made 127 swatches. Of course alot of that's in pallettes, but still. 127?!? thats a bit too much...

~~We are all beautiful~~

Moisturizers and lip balms.

Sure, I've got lipstick, lip gloss, and eyeshadows but I don't buy similar products so they are very different. My skin is combination, so it can be oily or dry and I'm obsessed with skincare, so I basically buy and squirrel away moisturizers whenever I see skincare sets on sale. My biggest worry is that they will go bad before I use them all, cuz I've got at least $100-200 worth that I haven't used yet.

I used to be fine with any lip balms, but last winter my lips suddenly rebelled on me and got all dry and cracked and flaky and literally nothing works. I was desperate so I pretty much brought all drugstore lip balm with 4+ star reviews and like 10 from Sephora. So now I have a ton of normal, SPF, and tinted lip balms.

Can you own too much makeup? lol

Probably mascara. The stuff has one of the shortest expiration dates of any makeup, and I hardly ever finish a tube (except my Fairy Drops Scandal Queen which I desperately need a new tube of, it was all dried up this AM). But every time some manufacturer says their new formula lengthens, curls and volumizes, I rush right out and buy it. (Pretty much always disappointed, though).

Though eye shadow runs a close second and is probably way ahead if you count individual shadows vs palettes.

@Prettyinpa

Yay for another fan of Fairy Drops! ^_^ I'm so glad I discovered that mascara!

Lipstick!  I haven't counted since we did the "Count if you dare" thread but if I recall correctly I had around 140.  I've purchase more since then!

I'm embarrassed to admit that I own too many foundations.  In addition to having the MUFE HD Invisible Cover and Face and Body Foundations, I also have a sample of the Mat+ Velvet Foundation, which I used twice for special occasions.  Then to add insult to injury, I also have the NARS powder foundation, as well as a compact of the Clinique Perfectly Real powder foundation (which I hardly use these days). 

That brings me to the next beauty product I own too many of:  powders.  I own the MAC Mineralize Natural powder; the aforementioned powder foundations and the NARS pressed powder, which I use for touchups and to set my MUFE Face and Body Foundation.  Oh, and I also have the MAC Prep & Prime Finishing Powder, which I use to set the MUFE HD Invisible Cover Foundation.  Whew!

Of course, I have way too many eyeshadows, which I either purchased individually or as part of a palette (a real value).

With Fall fast approaching, I'm getting that itch again!  I've already checked out the NARS Fall Collection and have made a mental note of the items that are sold by Sephora and the ones I will purchase elsewhere because Sephora doesn't carry them.  

Lip gloss! They take up one whole side in my train case.

I have too many products in several categories (hangs head in shame).

For me, the worst is probably blush. I'm obsessed. I have every NARS shade ever produced, the late 1990s -- present (save one, Nirvana), and then about 70+ from all different brands (Chanel, Chantecaille, Tom Ford, Burberry, etc.).

I also have too much foundation (at least 4 of them) for how long it's supposed to last. While powder products will be fine for longer periods, foundation eventually goes bad, period. I also have too much eyeshadow...I use a great deal of it, but all of them taken into account, it's more than I would ever finish -- if that makes sense!

Smiley Happy

Highlighters, blushes and Lipcolors---> lipstick, lipstain,lipgloss,lipbalms!!!!! I'm trying to slow down until I can think of a better storage solution but....can't help it... Nars Andy Warhol collection and Mac Marilyn Monroe collection ...they're callin my name!!!! 

Eyeshadow palettes....BIG downfall

also, brushes.....omg  I think i have at least 40!

I don't even use half of them...

Face masks too...I always have good intentions and then I use it once or twice and then something new comes along.

I have too many mascara and eyeshadows! I never finished any of them, and sometimes have to end up throwing them out because they dried out Smiley Sad

I'd have to say eyeshadows, lipglosses, and deluxe mascara samples.  I tend to buy eyeshadow palettes, not indiviuals (more for your buck), but this means I get a lot more shadows and of course don't use every single one.  For lipglosses, I don't really think you can ever have too many haha.  I always get a lot of mini mascaras as samples from sephora online orders or as bonuses from Clinique or Lancome counters.  As long as it fits in my drawer, I think I'm okay.

I definitely have too many lip products -- specially since I recently bought a Kat Von D lipstick set AND a Buxom lip set, essentially doubling my collection. Smiley Tongue

I also have a lot of mascaras, mainly because I bought the Sephora Favorites lash kit many months ago and still have half of them...not to mention the odd free mascara thrown in with some beauty purchases. Happily, most of these are minis, so I can usually use them up within a few months.

And if you want to count fragrances, I'd say that's my biggest collection, and my biggest vice, lol. I've bought around a dozen perfumes and body sprays this summer alone. Shame on me. Smiley Sad  Smiley Tongue

I have to agree with the board that one can never really own too much makeup....however for purposes of answering this question...I have the most of mascaras.  I end up with many deluxe samples of it, and I was given the lash sampler kit plus whatever I buy in full size bc I have to have the latest promise of fabulous lashes.  The next product in excess in my kit is 

Lipglosses, but I have them everywhere so I never have to look or wonder if I have one.  Shadows r not so much a problem, I tend to remember not to buy the same colors so I control myself in that area..however it seems right now I'm accumulating foundation when I know better.  I was trying to finish my Clinique and BE but then the UD Naked came out and I fell in love so now I'm trying tO finish so I can get rid of some emptys and make room.

I don't even have to look at my stash to answer this question: eyeshadows lol.  Playing with eyeshadow is my favorite part of makeup.  Most of them are in palettes, except for 2 lol.  The palettes in my stash are UD Naked, UD Rollergirl (it was on sale!), UD Urban Ammo, Kat Von D True Romance palette in Truth (on sale lol), and Kat Von D Art of Elysium palette in Kimberly.  The two individuals are UD Freelove and NYX Deep Purple. 

Second place is probably lip products.  Enough said lol.

I know from the top of my head the answer is lipgloss and nail polish. Particularly PINK lipgloss.

Obviously too many of the same shade and just all in all, too many of the same product...

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Lip gloss. I'm a lip gloss junkie. I haven't counted but I'm sure I have at least 20 tubes of various colors. Eye shadow pallets are a close second.

Shadows. Which is weird because lipsticks are my ultimate favorite makeup item. Its just a lot easier to go crazy with shadows, there are soooo many colors, and the more looks you feel like trying, the more colors you need! And its not enough that there's so many colors, its that there are different shades of EVERY color. You think neutrals are simple? There's dozens of colors that fit just the neutral category. There's different shades of purples, of pink, everything!

Smiley Very Happy

Lipglosses and shadows, hands down....oh and maybe masacaras .

Highlighted

Lip glosses, for sure.  My stash just went up exponentially when I bought this great set by Buxom:

and then again with this Stila set:

Those, + a few other mini Stila sets means that my Stila glosses need their own drawer now. Smiley Tongue

I'm a graphic design major so I'm a sucker for color palettes, so if you show me an eyeshadow quad, and it's pretty, and I don't have it, I'm going to buy it. xD;

Conversation Stats