Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

OMG your daughter is awesome @Tamara76!

clap3.gif

Some people... Ugh. I'll keep my "parenting" comments to myself 😄

Thanks, V! ❤️   @veronika23

@Tamara76 I can't believe she watched it happen & didn't say anything! As for your daughter,

standing-ovation-gif-4

Good for your daughter, her upbringing by you shows class and style! @Tamara76

Thanks, y'all!  I know I'm not a perfect mother (no one is), but that mom was something else.  I am proud of my mini-me - She knows how to stand up for herself and other people, but she also has pretty good manners and wouldn't ordinarily clap back at a grown up.  I know some people would think it rude for me to allow her to say that to an adult, but I thought it was quite justified in this situation and it probably spared all of us from more drama.  Ugh.  Happy Thanksgiving! 😉

@prettyinpa @jozkid @Ispend2much6 @ohheyitscindyk

Whoa. I’m with you on this one @Tamara76. Good for your daughter for teaching that mother an important lesson (and saving you from having to deal with her). 

@Tamara76  Good for your daughter!  You raised her right.

I can't believe the mom and her kid just walked out like that!

No matter how $$ the damage is, it's still her responsibility. Even if Sephora didn't want her money to pay for the damaged testers, she could have at least stuck around to offer help?

Anyway, maybe the Sephora employees already told her it'd be OK at that point - we don't know - but sure doesn't sound like it if she was "hustling" out of their with her child.

I think I would be mortified if my kid did something like that.  I’m sure if left to his own devices he would but, lol, that’s why you don’t leave kids to their own devices right? @k617. And this would have been a great learning opportunity for the child.  Watching as mom accepted responsibility for the damage and, oh I don’t know, having to clean up your own mess.  

Yeah YIKES is the word alright.  😞

I saw this! My mom showed it to me, cuz she immediately thought of me when she saw it. She was like "you're gonna be sick when you see this" 

Hahaha, i’m sooo triggered!   Imagine what that child looked like leaving that store!  😄 @suzyo

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I just read the article! Also good to hear the employees dealt with it well but some commenters were saying , and now I wonder as well, that this is the top shelf - how did a child young enough not to know better reach that? Like I’m fairly short and that too shelf items are arm height for me

Re: RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Kim888 By the looks of the linear gouges in the shadows, I think the child used the end of a brush or pencil to reach up and shower him/herself with multi-coloured dust. 

Re: RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

That makes more sense! It does look like that's what happened now that you say it and a child could definitely reach up with a brush.

@ope590 I didn’t see that show. The poor employees who had to deal with that!  Did they say how old the kid is?  S/he reached high up. 

Edit. Found online it was Augusta, GA. Attached is a funny bit from insider. Also bravo to the employees.

4745B351-76E6-4388-AF21-6C78DE7D3210.png

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Thanks for finding that update. They didn’t say how old the child was on The View. I’m glad to know the employees handled the situation calmly and professionally. If I was the mom, I would’ve needed smelling salts to revive me.

all these posts about how order shipments are delayed etc. Gridin my gears... 

There is a message in red text when you make your order during a sale that clearly states your order will take longer than usual due to a high volume of customers. @kromance

RIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHHTTTTT????? They. Need. To. RELAX. 

@kromance It's not just the sheer number, some of them are so aggressive! I know we all want our pretty things, but...

giphy (3).gif

12,471 Replies
testing