Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@SportyGirly125  This always annoys me because I’ve got so many Ulta points to use, but I still wanna get the best price possible for my points. 😂 Though to be fair, I don’t think Sephora price-matches either. I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong. (I’d go check T&C if that wouldn’t kick me off BIC and I wasn’t already using 4 browsers at once to multitask.)

@WinglessOne I do know that Sephora will adjust a price if it is found lower on the actual

products website (not on sale). I have done that before. 

Really?? @SportyGirly125 I've never heard of them doing that. That's interesting 🤔 Were you in store and they adjusted it at the register?

@CynthieLu @I bought the Ciate Roger Rabbit highlighter years ago and the original price on Ciate’s website was priced lower than Sephora’s so they gave me the difference back. Not sure if they still do it. It was an online purchase. 

@SportyGirly125 curious: who does price match?

@greeneyedgirl107 @Major dept stores price match each other like Nordstrom, Bloomingdale’s, Neimans, etc and if the direct site is having a sale. Amazon and Target price match as well. 

@SportyGirly125 interesting!  Thanks for the info!

I hate it when you mess up one thing like mascara and you have to wipe off  everything underneath just to get that one spot.

@DogLover1011  Wait for the mascara smudge to dry.  Take a clean brow brush (you want to use stiff bristles) and flake the mascara off.  If you’re in a rush and don’t want to wait, get pointed q-tips.  dip a Q-tip in makeup remover and spin the tip over the smudge without touching or wiping over any unaffected areas.  Repeat with a dry qtip end.  Then bounce over the area with  the pointed end of your beauty blender to redistribute base product into that area. 🙂 

@MizzTizza  ahhh it’s so frustrating going from excited to disappointed in a matter of seconds.  

That's would be so agrivating @MizzTizza 😭

Buying a product online and then when it shows up it’s way smaller than you thought. 

@KrissySM  YES!  I’m usually not too shocked if a blush is small cause I have yet to get through a blush but if it’s a face powder or something with high turnover I expect a larger size!  

IMG_2751.jpeg

 things coming in like this because of hot weather 😭

@audrinaaa1  Aw what a deflating feeling.  I’ve had this happen a few times. I have a ‘no summer online lipstick bullet purchase policy’ for this very reason.  If anything creamy ever does come when it’s hot, the box goes straight into the fridge for half an hour before use.  it helps also if something gets left in a hot car and I’m just not sure what I’ll find under the cap.  

Poor contour stick😭

@audrinaaa1 that sucks. I tend to shop mostly in store during the summer because of this.

When you just finished perfect mascara application and you sneeze lol 🤦🏼‍♀️

Yeaaah that's just so bad when it happens @AMK721 😱😱

When you’re out to eat with someone and you wipe your mouth with your napkin and your lipstick comes off.🙄

So when I try to do my lipstick, like good, it always doesn’t quite look like what I want it to be 😞 But on the days when I don’t try and just need something quick, IT LOOKS SO GOOD!! 

12,454 Replies
testing