Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I dunno why but I am not able to post photos from my MacBook. Only iPad.  

Anyone having similar issues???

My Beauty dot com order shows out for delivery, but not to the correct city. I rechecked my actual order and I did enter my information correctly.

My hair tye snapping 😞 Recently, my hair decided to thicken up a lot, so i misjudge my hair tyes. It gets frustrating.

The worst!  I go through so many hair tyes.

I had no clue cleaning my photo file was going to delete all the photos I posted on this board!  FUN!!! (not)

I have no face!

Not sure if someone has mentioned this one: opening up your shipped package to find dirty or pre-used items when items should be new. Broken or shattered is one thing but used?? bleh! 

I've gotten a literal water bottle label/wrap-around that they put the brand name on plastic bottles sold in stores with in my package from Sephora, in the past. They could have at least sent the water bottle too, but noooo they just wanted to use my box as a trashcan! Smiley Tongue

I posted about a week ago about some ebay person who opened a case with ebay against me, asking for a refund because she didn't receive an item sent almost 2 month ago. The item was shipped with tracking, which shows that it was delivered within a normal time frame.

Thanks to BTers' advice, i checked with ebay who told me that she didn't have a case. Having probably reached a similar conclusion, the buyer closed the ebay case yesterday by opening a Paypal case instead. Paypal checked the shipment history and closed the case in my favor. (Open and shut in less than 18 hours. I received the case opened & closed emails almost simultaneously for some reason.) So yay happy ending! Thanks again to everyone that commented Smiley Very Happy

When you stop in at Sephora to finally look for a new concealer and realize that the one you like best was a beauty steal at Ulta earlier this week.

I went to the Rouge event with my mom today. Wasn't impressed with the sets and the SF sets weren't in yet. I didn't end up buying anything and I was looking for a Tarte palette off course lol but it wasn't in stock. I went to the till to get my free Sephora lipstick mini with my mom and that too was annoying because the SA said if you don't have the email I can't give it and I would have shown her but then she told my mom she had to be a BI and assumed she wasn't for some reason so we had to put our cards on the counter lol. It was just not a great experience. Felt like I was begging for the freebie and it wasn't even a great feeling to ask for it even though the email specifies that you could get it free without purchase in-store. Literally felt like I was asking to steal something. Rant over.

Edit: Oh and the SF give me some lip wasn't even available and supposedly there was a 'limited' amount of stock...

I missed Rouge event as I slept in and woke up at 12:00 noon from hangover Smiley Sad 

Why it had to be so early? Even my classes aren't that early LOL

Going in for a makeover and I keep getting tips on how to cover up my freckles and how to fake a crease on my monolid eyes. I like em fine, thank you very much! 

I finally remembered to switch my Sephora order to USPS for shipping (since OnTrac refuses to ring my door bell). Three days later, shipping has not started. It would already be here if I selected Flash through OnTrac. I cannot win.

Ahh I got scammed and mistreated!

I thought of ordering Dior from Amazon.ca, obviously not the one sold by third party, whom I do not trust. Bought the gift card from third party as it was $10 cheaper, and I know that Amazon has policy that they don't care for lost/stolen gift cards. SO I had it redeemed and today it was gone from my account; I contacted Amazon right away and their customer service was so rude....anyway, I think it turns out that seller somehow 'locked the gc'. I was 

told that they will "issue a $20 promotional credit to your account as a compensation for the hassle."

But then they refused right away, by saying "we won't be able to compensate"! As if they are doing a favour on me! Why bother offering a reward when you will not give out? The guy had awful English like he was asking me to give seller DOB, addy, email, and/or contact them using her account as if I would have that. I got the physical useless card. They acted like I stole her card. I think she probably have said that to them. 

So I am out of $40!

So TLDR: Amazon will rather serve scammer than customer

No Dior perfume for me Smiley Sad 

Maybe not so much beauty as the delivery company that happened to bring my ~beauty related~ Sephora box today... Plenty of space in the yard and on the walkway between the gate and the front door, or even off to the side on the little deck we have but where do they choose to put it? On the fake grass where the neighbors dogs always come in and go to the bathroom! I don't mean to be gross, but there is only one corner of our little yard that has fake grass because I got sick of trying to grow anything there only to have the neighbor's dog come pee on it and kill the plants, and I don't want to look at just the bare dirt either so I took one of the leftover remnants of fake lawn from a relative after they had more than they needed for their own yard and put it there until the neighbor moves later this year. It is clear what the purpose is because the neighbor can't be bothered much of the time to come deal with it and I was at work so I had not gotten the chance to clean it up before the delivery arrived (it came early in the AM rather than later in the afternoon to evening like it usually does) and there is no tactful way to put this...they left the box literally sitting on a pile dog poop! Plenty of places they could have put it instead and thats where they choose!? Seriously!?! Ugh. Thank the powers that be that the products I was ordering were all well packaged so even if anything had soaked through - and it did not but *IF* it had - it was all sealed up in plastic bags and well padded with several layers between it and the contaminants that I was lucky enough did not make it inside the box.

Ok, rant over, now off to call and have a "chat" with both the neighbor about her dog and the delivery company about their common sense skills.

I was on Ulta's website just browsing when I noticed some perfect five star reviews for products. I went to check it out and noticed that all of the reviews were imported in from the product's website. Looked at several other items and it was the same thing. I want to read reviews from Ulta customers not biased reviews from the product's website. I don't know why Ulta is allowing this. I then went on a department store's website and all the reviews for Lancome mascaras were imported from Lancome's website. Why doesn't web support find this a problem? When will the madness end?

Zits.... in random places like your ear or right next to your lip.  Grr.....

The sephora rewards. Also, the person who posted a new thread thanking sephora after she already posted she got the reward in the thread dedicated to the rewards. I hope she did it out of happiness, but it seems tacky when a lot more people are bummed about the rewards and that the program only is great for very few people. Then i feel bad for being annoyed at someone else's joy. I can't win!

Trying to find dupes in my collection I discovered one of my TF Melted Mattes is MIA. No idea where it could be and it was pretty much brand new. So crushed.

I ordered perfume from Guerlain boutique in Toronto for my bro and they did not include any samples. My bro is upset Smiley Tongue

All the sudden, I am missing Sephora but it is not sold at Sephora. 

They always do; not sure what happened! At least, he will not be picking any other perfume anytime soon.

I bought a single eyeshadow that I already have in my stock. Just was unaware of it. I think I need to start a list of my items now Smiley Sad

Sephora just stopped carrying Dior Rouge Baume tinted balms. I had finally settled on three shades and would have purchased at the sale and, poof, gone. 

I have enough points on So Choix to get them there at 20% off, so I will go that route instead. Oh well. 

mascara that gets all over your lids when applying.

I stick to maybelline's plush mascara (turqoise tube) but CVS was out of it one day so I got 2 of their falsies mascara instead. I cannot say how messy the falsies formula/brush is. Gets ALL over my lids. Even when I am slow and careful POOF black lids. Ruins my eyeshadow.

During the labor day sale I ordered from PTR. Went to open one of my unwrinkle night mini's last night and it came 1/3 of the way full!! I have had other mini's from this order and from sets come full. And they have no CS #, just an email form, UGH!

4,317 Replies