Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

AMK721 wrote:

The rear view mirror - love it and hate it all at the same time.

But it's the best for plucking eyebrows!  @AMK721

@AMK721 It's like the honest friend that everyone needs but sometimes is not fun having around! I thought my foundation looked extra flawless in the bathroom mirror at 6am and at 8am it was 3 shades too orange XD

When a concealer sample is smaller than your pinky. 

@veronika23 Pet peeve #3: when Sephora doesn't carry a product I think they should, so I have to buy it from another retailer and don't get the points!

Major pet peeve? When products in the tube look drastically different than applied.

Here's Colourpop Molly. I love this colour, but it looks nothing like it does in the tube.

It's a bright magenta-ey purple on my lips, and a soft dusty pinky-purple in the tube.

IMG_1918.jpg

Ugh, that's the worst-especially when you're trying to match your lip to something!  @k617

@k617  Even when you try making a face it still comes out nice.  You are photogenic. 

@darkiceis Full disclosure! I took a few and removed the ones that look crosseyed LOL

@k617 Colourpop is one of the worst offenders of this. I feel like a lot of their colors aren't consistent at all.

@k617 I'll make sure to avoid it! 

I had that exact problem with colourpop's 3 Way, thought I was going to get a beautiful metallic berry, ended up with a dark sort of metallic purple. It's still a nice color, but it's not at all what I wanted to order.

@Annalily11 I never noticed it with the first batch of lipsticks I ordered from Colourpop but noticed that most recently a lot of colours seem to have this issue!

Another really bad one is Stingraye Ultra matte lip...it looks like a beautiful medium berry purple in the tube but is DARK PURPLE on my lips.

I feel you on the lipstick thing @k617. Whenever that happens I'm like... is it my lip color changing the color? Is it the company's QA? What am I supposed to do now? Le sigh. Your expression in this photo is pretty awesome!

@k617, i have exact same problem with ABH Maui lipgloss.  I keep looking to make sure the tube is not switched for whatever reason.  It is advertised as soft coral pink but it is screaming baby pink to me 😉  Even the color on the box looks nothing liked the color from the tube ... sigh

That's bad @blackkitty2014 ! I don't wear glosses very much, most of the ones I have are pigmented glosses. that would drive me crazy.

Haha love that face K!  So different. Wow!

@veronika23 Oh I figured V! 😄

@k617  sorry can't reply direct but yeah a different side of you! I really like pics like that! Beautiful as always!

And by so different I meant the product vs on your lips... just to be clear 🙂

Hahaha thanks V! I contemplated not posting that photo, but I gotta show my "fun" side once in awhile, right?? 😉 @veronika23

Disney drink 6.jpg

Enough said.

Snagging a razor blade on my fresh gel manicure.  keeps catching strands of hair in the cut.  annoying!

I really like Paula's Choice's Beautypedia. I like that they list the ingredients list and gives quick reviews of the formulas. I don't agree with everything written, but it's a good reference for when I just want to have an opinion on the formula and ingredients list.

What I don't like is when they dock stars off products for not having enough antioxidants (when there are no antioxidant claims), when something's not moisturizing enough (especially when not targeted specifically for dry skin), etc. Kinda like how she rated The Ordinary's products... these are cheap products, meant to be mixed together in a routine. Very few items in general are meant to be a comprehensive do-all product! Why can't they just rate the product for what it is, what it claims rather than docking stars off because it's not what it COULD be?

Yet, when it came to the Drunk Elephant line, it's glowing reviews all around. Don't get me wrong, I think Drunk Elephant is a better brand than most...but even the marula oil? She docks stars off for other face oils that are already a blend but "could have more beneficial ingredients" yet when it comes to DE's 100% marula oil, she gives it 4/5 stars simply saying it could be better off as a blend. Rating a single ingredient oil the same as a blend that's potentially better already...Baffling...

12,459 Replies
testing