Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Liquid eyeliner. Because my hand isn't steady and it looks like a heart rate monitor by the time I'm done

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

It just takes more practice and consistent use @rtorch I've used liquid liner for years as a teen, then switched to cream liner for a few years. Last year I switched back to liquid liner and my application skills were SO BAD!! Even just to tightline! Thankfully with more consistent use I've gotten a lot better and don't look ridiculous anymore haha

I used to use a business card as a guide. Only took me th...

I used to use a business card as a guide. Only took me three years to be able to freehand!

Haha, I have steady hands and wrinkly eyelids so no matter how straight I can draw anywhere else I can’t get a perfectly straight line going on my lids.  @rtorch

@rtorch Same!

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

So we all know Sephora has been undependable when it comes to samples lately. I really wanted to try the dior berry lip glow and was only able to add it to one of my orders. (I can't try it in store) so I ordered samples from ebay thinking there's no way I'm going to get it......Wrong! Today's order had all the samples I choose including the dior. What the crap

@sonnydee

Wait, what? You got samples? And they were ones you requested?

Hold on a sec...I need to catch my breath...

🙄😒

😅

I tried to get that sample...instead I received two orders completely sample-free. Sigh.

I know right! Baffling. And it was all 3! That hasn't happened in months.  It was because I bought from ebay the ones I really wanted. @RGbrown

When your lip liner sharpens oddly and you get a little piece that jabs you in the lip - Ouch!!!!  (I’m looking at you, UD 24/7 lip liner and Laura Mercier sharpener!)

64D69259-DB44-4600-9204-D142697318A5.gif

@Tamara76 I never, ever thought I'd be spending more than $1 on a pencil sharpener but I have spent an embarrassing amount on them because of this problem lol! I'm using one by NARS that's so far so good.

Ohhhhh - I think I have a couple NARS sharpeners in a drawer somewhere - I think I'll dig one out and see if that solves the problem.  Thanks, @JayJayyy! ❤️

@Tamara76 This happens to me all the time with the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils. Then I try to sharpen just a little more to get rid of the stabby point and end up breaking off the whole tip. WHYYYYYYYYYYY?

OMG - Yes!  I've experienced this with NARS, too!  @MissPuff

Why do pencils that need to be sharpened even exist anymore @Tamara76??? Lol! This is why I prefer Marc Jacobs pencils. 

I agree!  MJ lip liners are awesome!  

Yes! That happens with my UD 24/7 Glide on eyeliners. I s...

@Tamara76 Yes! That happens with my UD 24/7 Glide on eyeliners too. I still love them though. Suppose it's a brand issue?

Re: Yes! That happens with my UD 24/7 Glide on eyeliners. I s...

@IndyQT317 I've had it happen in the past with other lipliners that must be sharpened, including Charlotte Tilbury - Could just be user error on my part - Who knows? lol! ❤️

when makeup betrays

@Tamara76 Oh no! I don’t think I’ve ever had that happen before. Sounds painful!

Oh my goodness, yes!!! I hate this!

Ouch @Tamara76 !  I definitely try to avoid more traditional lip pencils for this reason, no bueno 

12,421 Replies
testing