Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@l8totheparty  Aw, I wish you could’ve gotten one of the more neutral shades instead. If it’s the pink matte (Glory) from the Sunrise palette, you could maybe use it as blush? 

It is Phlox, which looks to be a raging sparkly warm pink colour.  Too sparkly for blush. Alas. But that would be a good idea.

@WinglessOne 

@l8totheparty  like @lmaster , I didn’t realize the promo photo was supposed to show Phlox, let alone the shade that’s actually in the middle of Sunrise (Azalea; I have this palette). 🤣 That photo confused the heck outta me because there’s no brown shade in this palette. Good grief. 

Phlox is much more of an orange/peach coral than pink. It’s a metallic, so it’s not super sparkly glittery. It is bold, though. I can see why anyone who loves neutrals and muted shades would have trouble with Phlox. I kinda wish I’d taken advantage of this promo just to get that shade in a single pan for my travel-sized magnetic palettes. I wonder if everyone got the same shade, or if there was a limited choice of shades for that promo. How odd for Sephora to kinda highlight the wrong shade in their photo—and for the photo’s color to be so far off the mark! 

@WinglessOne omg see... Maybe if I would of opened the palette,,,I would of known it wasn't brown!! Very interesting!

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

sucks when ur country sells the same sephora products BUT its more expensive ORRRRR when our sephora doesn’t have it at all 😭

The "recommend an entire skincare regimen for me" post with nothing more than a picture. I totally appreciate the help and recommendations I get on BIC, but those posts seem so lazy. Give us some info and we can totally help. And understand that what works for me might not for you.

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

oh boy! whenever I hit the pan on any powder products or when I'm coming close to finishing any product really. It just reminds me that its time to spend more money soon! 😑

I can heavily relate to this

YUPPPP! And then just trying to scrape the sides to try and avoid having to repurchase and spend money! XD

I have makeup fatigue which is making me so unhappy.  I used to live for the new releases but I feel like the market is so over saturated I just can not keep up.  I actually laughed out loud seeing that ABH vol3 is already announced.  I think I'm finally getting to a point where I have a curated list of things that I feel like I need and that is all.

couldn't agree more @Nickelliebear1

couldn't agree more @Nickelliebear1

This one doubles as both a peeve and a PSA for you all.

I went in to get my PATRICK TA Major Glow Highlighting Mist We Need Her this morning to try something different only to find out the can was completely empty. I bought the highlight back in April and only used it ONCE before I put it away with all my other highlights. I'm now upset that I spent $32 on a highlight I only got one use out of and it serves as a warning to not buy another aerosol highlight in the future since the product magically disappears into thin air. I still don't know how it happened but I have owned aerosol foundation for years and the product never just disappears.

Oh My Sipping Tea GIF by buzzfeedladylike

Oh no Smiley Surprised that's awful @gonerogue . Speaking of aersol, I'm having the same issue with a can of VERB Ghost Dry Oil™ Disco Edition (it's a hair spray that applies glitter - not for me, but for flashy Lil Z) - after one use, it seems to be empty. Smiley Sad   I'm sorry that happened to you. 

@ZombieMetroAnt  oh no, sorry to hear your Verb spray did the same thing! I don’t understand how my Dior Airflashes can withstand being in my foundation collection for years and they work just fine but other products don’t hold up the same. Maybe get Lil Z a gel glitter instead next time so it won’t be a waste of money? Urban Decay and IGK have some nice gel glitters out right now 😉

Oh, that is a great suggestion! Heart  Thank you so much @gonerogue  

@gonerogueI have had this happen with dry shampoo before but never with anything else and I have a aerosol foundation on my dresser right now that has been in use off and on since last spring. I guess aerosol highlighter is a product to stay away from.

I assume this must be what happened to my Drybar Triple Sec from a Play box I bought @Seymore3  ... I got about 1/2 of 1 use from it.

@Seymore3  I’ve never had that happen to a dry shampoo before and I keep several backups at home. Well, lesson learned even though it was such a nice highlight 🤷🏼‍♀️

After seeing multiple posts on Instagram from Nudestix about the Hillary Duff Daydreamer Palette, I decided to use some of my Nudestix points to cash in for 30% off the palette. First gripe was that shipping is charged no matter how large the purchase. In the past, free shipping with a $49.00 purchase. Next gripe is that Nudestix would not confirm if either or Sephora or Ulta would be selling the palette. I see a post later in the day with swatches of the palette that it is available for purchase from Sephora. At least Nudestix ‘s warehouse is fairly close, so it should arrive quickly. I did receive a tracking number about 7 hours after my purchase.

Update on my above post. I reread Nudestix’s policy which states free shipping with a $49.00 purchase. I reached out to Nudestix dot com and I will be receiving a $6.00 refund and an apology. 

Just started on the makeup train during the fenty era (w/c im verythankful for). I literally asked a friend an opinion on some stuff I was TRYING ON in zara (take note this is clothes we’re talking about) and she replied me with “I like u better w/o makeup on” which threw me off bc I have been not wearing makeup all my life, and the one year I finally get the hang of it and like how it looks on me(plus it makes me feel HELLA CONFIDENT), she just goes out of her way to say that to me. super unnecessary and rude. idk if its just me or isn’t it just plain annoying? plus I didn’t spend thousands of dollars on Fenty just to be told I look much better w/o it 😪 the worst part is, she tried victimizing herself on that situation. we haven’t talked ever since that incident and that happened last July.
12,471 Replies
testing