Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I wax for a living and sometimes my clients will buy wax kits for home if they’re trying to save money. They do it themselves and then they ALWAYS come back to me. The cheap wax kits non pros can buy aren’t great and it really takes a lot of training to get it perfect.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I agree there’s definitely an art to waxing at home it’s not just about the product. I used to do my own waxing and purchased a professional wax pot but it took a little bit to learn the best techniques.

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@ChescaCat  Ouchi....what wax product did you use?

* Thinks before starting makeup, "i should wear my contacts today!" *

* starts putting on makeup, reminding self after each step to put in contacts before doing mascara *

* does mascara *

* remembers about contacts *

* tries to put in contacts any way *

* blinks away contact solution and smudges mascara *

* gets annoyed and wears glasses *

My new pet peeve is foundation in glass bottles. Took one on a trip this weekend and knocked it onto the bathroom floor within minutes of unpacking it (before I could apply it, of course). Guess I'm sticking to plastic from now on! 

@tastelikewater, Bummer :( I've done that, too, and final...

@tastelikewater, Bummer 😞 I've done that, too, and finally invested in a stick foundation for travel. I feel like you get less for the money but that may not even be true. I have the Westman Atelier stick foundation but I hear great things about the Houglass, too.

Filters are my biggest online beauty pet peeve. When I see people wanting to show off a new product, but there’s a filter on the picture, I don’t even bother. Only a filter-less photo will show how the product really works.

I must admit I feel this way about filters in general. Maybe it’s because I’m from the time before filters. I just feel it hides who we are, and doesn’t portray confidence. Confidence, to me, is what makes us all most beautiful. 

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

i really needed to read this today 🌸

@radleyas IDC about filters people use on their personal photos but I seriously agree about the filtered photos for ads! Between that and the photoshopped swatches and the funky lighting I am so done buying things sight unseen. If I haven't seen it in person, I'm not bothering

Truth! That’s why I’m so happy to see unretouched pictures in ads. I was looking at Kim Kardashian’s new shapewear line. There were gals with stretch marks, and cellulite. I think it’s much healthier for young people if they can see ads with women (and men!) with real flaws. 

When you lose your lip balm halfway through summer. Goodbye dear LANEIGE - Lip Glowy Balm, it was good while it lasted. 

I'm so sorry that happened to you! I had that happen a few weeks ago and finally caved and picked up a replacement because I just couldn't stand not having my trusted holy grail balm with me. The one you posted is my currently my second favorite though. It has such a nice formula!

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I had a favourite lipstick from Urban Decay. It was the shade Rock Steady and the red looked stunning on my skin and leaned a perfect pink undertone when on my lips. It melted this summer. I also really wanted the hair stuff for the VIB birthday gift, but it was unavailable both in store and online.

Check a resell site, maybe like an eBay or poshmark. Some...

Check a resell site, maybe like an eBay or poshmark. Sometimes people sell their unused goods.

Oh I'm so sorry @ChescaCat that's such a bummer. It's too bad they discontinued that shade, it was really pretty! According to Temptalia's pictures, PAT McGRATH LABS LuxeTrance™ Lipstick McGrath Museseems to be a pretty close dupe. That is a really great formula too, relatively similar to the UD Comfort Mattes.

Thank you! I really do need to try Pat McGrath, but as a...

Thank you! I really do need to try Pat McGrath, but as a college student am unsure about the price on it. Maybe it will be my Christmas treat to myself

I'm trying to cut back on my carb and sugar consumption, and then I see one of those ads for a beauty product that look just like a donut, cookie, or candy!  Then I have to re-talk myself out of wanting that, again.

Same for those dog food ads that look like someone made a bowl of the best Irish beef stew before you realize who the food is intended for. lol 

I was back to school shopping for the mini, at justice th...

I was back to school shopping for the mini, at justice they have hair coils that are candy corn scented!🎃 and pineapple🍍I got the glow in the dark ones though!😜 @Ispend2much6

Re: I was back to school shopping for the mini, at justice th...

@sonnydee   Candy corn!! Yay! lol  I would be afraid a bee would follow me if I smelled like that (we have a lot of bugs where we live.)

Candy corn scented, @sonnydee? I guess I need to go, that's my daughter's favorite Halloween candy 😄

Yup! I was tempted but didnt know how long the scent would last....glow in the dark was the better choice for me. -the minis hair is too thick- so they're mine! All mine!😜😄@eshoe

12,350 Replies
testing