Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

was supposed to get a pat mcg lippie from my sister as a christmas gift but the customer service of pat mcg just emailed my sister after 2 weeks that the lippie wont be restocked anytime soon!!!!! ugh so frustrating since i have high hopes for pat mcgrath and that I trust her since she’s black owned but now im just... meh 😕

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@andreadaqueen  They are so backed up, and service has been pretty bad since of the $10 sale. My mom still did not get her order, and barely this week they told her one of the colors was sold out and wont be restocked.

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I ordered a 24k gold eye masks set off Amazon. Well the eye masks went under the eye only which I expected, however, the cleanser or whatever you want to call it that was on the masks (like the cucumber eye masks from tom ford) was so heavy that it started burning my eye, on top of that I had a hair mask on under a heated towel and a clay face mask on as well around the eye masks. Needless to say it was a disaster. I had my eyes tearing and had to take the masks off before the recommended time and the clay mask was half ruined from my teary eyes and runny nose from the burning. My pet peeve is when products are overly drenched in the cleanser for the product

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Kelrob  Which eye mask was it?  Was the serum just dripping or was there too much of it?  

I planned on sitting under a hot cap with a hair mask and also using a sheet mask on my face. I peeled off the backing on the sheet mask and threw away the sheet mask that I was planning use. Instead I just used the Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels. Oops!!!

There was too much serum in the pack so every time I used...

There was too much serum in the pack so every time I used it my eyes were on fire. I don't remember the brand. I'd have to look at the package

I guess I should actually be glad that Sephora did it like this, probably to get it to arrive on time, buuuut... Why oh why did you have to ship my gift order in two packages Sephora? Now I have had to send an email to some older relatives, providing 2 tracking numbers, and explaining that their Christmas present is coming in 2 boxes, and that one of the boxes is very inconsequential.

(I used my 25 off 75 coupon to send the Jo Malone Orange Bitters candle to my uncle and aunt, but it didn't quite cost enough to use the coupon, so I threw in a pack of Sephora coconut water makeup wipes. The wipes are going to arrive first, all on their lonesome.)

This isn't really a pet peeve, but it's been on my mind and I need to tell someone (or a couple hundred people.)

There is a really sweet girl who works at a fast food place near our home.  (Yes, I've been there enough to recognize her but that's a tale for another thread.)

Anyway, going through the drive-thru I noticed that her false lashes looked a little heavy; I wondered how she could see through them or keep her eyes open, honestly.

Then, a week later, I was talking to her up close.  I kid you not, there must have been a half inch of glue that was visible on the top side of her lashes that extended from her eyelid.  And the lashes extended at least twice the distance beyond that.  And the lashes were so thick it looked like she was wearing fur across her eyes.

She probably already has beautiful, thick, long lashes in order for the false lashes to give that appearance.  I just really hope a friend will help her out and let her know she looks good without having to use so many lashes.

OMG, that's definitely a pet peeve of mine. 🤬

OMG, that's definitely a pet peeve of mine. 🤬

@Ispend2much6  Oh no. Caterpillar eyelashes. I hope someone points it out to her. Poor thing.  

@Ispend2much6   Aw poor thing.   She was probably trying to ensure those darn things didn’t come off in people’s food.  
It’s one of those things that you’d want to help with but know it would be rude to mention cause she wouldn’t be able to do anything about it right away.  I hope she has a friend who can help her with that.  

That's exactly what I thought because I worked in fast fo...

That's exactly what I thought because I worked in fast food and they are strict with everything, but of course I understand because nobody wants an eyelash or nose ring or something in their food. I hope someone there could help her too

@heartsmyface   Me too.  Such a cute girl naturally.  I've seriously never seen any false lashes look like that, ever. 

@Ispend2much6  Ha, well, as long as she feels good wearing them.  It’s a right of passage doing things less than ideally no?  She’ll get to look back at old photos and wonder what she was doing and why no one stopped her. 😄 

Haha, I really think she may have been having trouble keeping them from detaching throughout the day and she ‘fixed’ the situation.  
Or she thinks gluing the entirety of her real lashes is how it’s done.  
okay I haven’t ever met her and im thinking of a gentle way to help her.  Compliment her makeup and then recommend a YouTuber that does falsie application tutorials?  

Not enough time in the drive-thru line. 🙂  But anyway, she's young, and hopefully someone will give her some tips. 

@Ispend2much6 on the bright side, she doesnt have the problem that i have.  I have no eyelashes 😉 lol

@blackkitty2014   I'm almost there myself!

Tis the season for porch pirates! HOW and WHY do these people still exist?!?! No shame and really, what are you going to do with 4 sets of yellow curtains?! 

BUT, for your enjoyment today, porch pirates vs glitter! I soooooooo wish I could do this to the porch pirates in my area...

copy and paste: youtu.be/a_TSR_v07m0

@MissPuff  You CAN do this!  If they got away with it the first time they’ll be back for more.   😉 

@MissPuff   That's so horrible.  There are less destructive ways for them to get their adrenaline fix; or, if they must be destructive, let it be towards themselves and not innocent people. 

I think if I see an Ebay seller with a bunch of random items I will avoid doing business with them.  I'll bet that's what they do with the stolen goods.

@Ispend2much6  Oh I never thought of that, that makes so much sense. I guess I just never really understood why someone would take something clearly not theirs. Especially during the holidays! I wish nothing but glitter bombs and f@rts for all of the porch pirates!

12,471 Replies
testing