Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

This is must meant to be light-hearted.  I have had three people at work comment on my "no makeup" look.  Two didn't recognize me with my hair up, mask, face shield and no makeup.  Two asked me if I used to wear glasses.  I totally fessed up to the difference - No Makeup!  I don't wear a lot at work at all, but I do my eyeliner, mascara and fill in my eyebrows.  I can totally see how people would've recognize me.  It's all in good fun 🙂

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

It’s insane how eyebrows & lashes can make such a huge difference 😂😂 @Anonymous7

I only wore eye makeup for the last couple of weeks @greeneyedgirl107 . I had a facial with extractions to get rid of some of my pimples and my skin had scabs where I had deeper pimples. I wore complete makeup for the first time today. I am noticing that my skin has become very oily this summer.

I can’t believe that many people commented on your lack of makeup!

@Loretta55 I'm glad you were able to get some skincare done on your skin while wearing a mask.  That's true multi-tasking.  It gave me the opportunity to incorporate to try a product that I ordinarily would have dragged my feet on.  So, at least you and I found the silver lining!

I didn't mind the people commenting on my lack of makeup.  But it was funny that my color coded healthcare clothing and physique didn't tip them off on who I was (that, and the name tag - LOL!).  I must say that I had two nice comments from people on my team.  While I don't wear face makeup to work, one girl sd my skin "looked perfect" and another said that she couldn't tell the difference between me with and without makeup.  I also had a client tell me that she loved my eyebrows (back when I was still doing them before work) which was super observant since I was wearing goggles and she has cognitive deficits.  

I still feel the need to wear lipstick even though nobody sees it @greeneyedgirl107 . That is too funny that even though you had your name badge on some of your coworkers did not recognize you.

@Loretta55 I love that you are still wearing lipstick!!!  

I am wearing more tinted lip balms than before the pandemic @greeneyedgirl107.

@Loretta55 Those will probably keep your masks tidier inside than lipstick - smart move.  Pre-pandemic I was interested in some Ulta brand tinted lip balms.  I wanted to re-swatch them but never had the chance.  I guess I missed the boat on that one!

There is always a sale on those @greeneyedgirl107 . If if you do not like them at least you will not be out too much money.

@Loretta55 Yes, you are right about that!  🙂

I hate when foundation oxidizes or looks too pink.  Even foundations that are for warm yellow/olive undertones look pink on my skin.

Veryyyyy frustrating! @RAWRitsRED

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I bought an extremely expensive line of skin care only available through exclusive skin boutiques and I regret making such a bad decision. I’m so sick of promising unbelievable results and not really getting them.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

That is so frustrating! 😩😩 since skincare is so expensive you want them to work! @CindyLoo63

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@CindyLoo63 

I hate that too!  I guess that's one reason I stick with Sephora;  I can read product reviews, they have great product descriptions, and it's easy to return products.

RE: Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Yeah it definitely helps getting some insight before purchasing!!

When I get Olaplex in one eye, which doesn't hurt much at all but makes my eye completely bloodshot. No amount of water flushing or bottled eye wash helps, and my eye stays bright red for hours. It makes for a super fun elevator ride in these covid days, especially since I also have sinus issues right now—so I'm sniffling and clearing my throat a lot. Makes me feel obligated to tell other folks in the elevator that I don't have covid-19 or pinkeye, really, honest. I should be glad it makes people subconsciously keep their distance from me 🤣 but still. 

Other hair products have made my eye red (it's always just one eye, and almost always my left eye; I guess I tilt my head some weird way in the shower that makes shampoo/conditioner/rinse-out treatments run into that eye), but not as red as Olaplex does—and not for nearly as long. Good grief. I still love Olaplex, even if my eyeballs don't. 

Beauty is pain 😂😂😂🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ I can relate about a product I love & get great results from. Lol @WinglessOne

Wow didn’t know that about Olaplex. But yes, I see it as a huge plus that it’s causing ppl to distance themselves from you during these times! Sometimes I wish I had a sign that reads “stay away” myself 🤣 @WinglessOne 

@Guessgal Right? I almost bought a mask that says "if you can read this, back the *bleep* up!" 🤣

ugh. @WinglessOne  😞  perhaps wearing goggles in the shower would help?

12,459 Replies
testing