Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Thank you!

I had my brows done, and the left is now shorter than the right. 😞 Also, after no breakouts for a few months, I now have some angry blemishes on my chin... just in time for holiday photos, lol.

oh no! the perks of being a woman caused me to break out this week so i feel your pain.

Sorry @angel7594 😞  I hope it grows back fast!

Put on the DE serum.  That stuff calms skin like no other!!! (If you don't have any, it is a great time for a Sephora trial!).

Hope your skin calms.  You have a few days. 

@wheeeee Which DE serum?  The only one I've tried is C Firma, but now I am super intrigued!  🙂

Drunk Elephant
T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum

@Tamara76

Thank you!!!!! 🙂

I will have to try this one!

@Tamara76 For me, it almost works same as Good Genes. They are both acid and smooth out the skin texture. 

Thanks @Babypeachist!   I use Good Genes and Luna Oil daily with great results - maybe I shouldn't mess with a good thing for now.

Adding the DE to my Loves for future reference, though.  🙂

Oh no @angel7594 that is the worst!  😞 I wish ur brows grow asap and try and do some masks this week so hopefully the breakouts go away.  I have some hormonal ones on my chin right now too but I don't think they are going any where anytime soon lol. I hope yours do 😉 happy holidays 😄 

Awwww 😞

Sending you Christmas wishes for flawless skin and symetrical eyebrows (you've got a few days - you never know!) 🎄 

@Tamara76, Thanks! I will just have to pencil in the missing brow space and find some super duty concealer, lol! 😄

That really blows 

Amazon screwed up a secret santa order that I made and offered free 1-day shipping.. But I see I got charged $30 for that 1-day shipping.  Ugh they are so frustrating!

I got some gift for a reddit gift exchange and was supposed to ship the gift last friday! Amazon JUST shipped this item today and I ordered it exactly 2 weeks ago.  I was livid to start with because they shipping timing said I was due to receive the package within 5-8 days after ordering, then realized it wouldn't arrive in time and I mean they were helpful with offering 1-day shipping (even though it's still being sent late) but now I saw that $30 charge on my account and want to cry!! 

@sabrinas That's frustrating! Have you tried CS? I find Amazon has actually had extremely helpful CS whenever I needed to contact them with an issue.

I did, they were able to refund that amount back to me, but it was still annoying to deal with lol 😄 I apologized profusely to my secret santa and let them know that they WILL be getting a gift but it will be shipped 5 days late, eep! @lachaton

Glad it all worked out okay in the end, even if it is late! 

Latest beauty pet peeve--Going into Sephora ostensibly to buy gifts for my favorite ladies, but leaving the store with more things for myself than I actually intended.  This happened just this past Saturday.  I bought fragrance gifts for others, but left the store with a MUFE Ultra HD Foundation which I just had to have.  Then to add insult to injury, I purchased a Foreo Mia 2 (despite having two Clarisonics at home), as well as an UD Naked Ultimate Basics palette.  Some skincare products made their way into my bag also.  It was as if I had blacked out right there in the store.

The sense of "shame" I felt lasted for all of a few moments when I unpacked my bounty at home.  It was a true testament to narcissism and selfishness at its finest.

You are among friends @missjr!!!!  I do the exact same thing....

😄 This kind of sums up how I Christmas shop. For every gift I buy, I buy like 3 things for myself. 

12,421 Replies
testing