Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Fragrance samples are so unexciting, BUT I was happy that I choose AND RECIEVED the Pinrose and the Moschino. I put the pinrose on at 1230 this afternoon and I can still smell it (at 3am!). I'm quite a fan so far. It definitely makes me want to look into other pinrose scents. I tried Merrymaker as a previous sample and that one smelled like straight up rubbing alcohol on me. The dried out pad smelled delicious that night when I went to throw it out, but on me I could barely smell anything after the alcohol finally dried down.

When you trust the TSA with your makeup. I knew I should have carried on, but it was so heavy and I wanted a break :'( I can get over the single eyeshadow, but not my new sparkly Z palette! IMG_1998.JPG

What the heck did they do to it!!!!???  I'm so sorry this happened.  It's painful to see.  

In the future if it's absolutely necessary to pack palettes in your luggage, a laptop case helps. 😥

😞 😞 😞 I'm so sorry. This is exactly why I always carry on all my non-liquid makeup, even when I check a bag. I don't have a Z palette, but I do have my KA contour palette, my Too Faced shadows in a metal/less shock-absorbing container, and my Becca highlighters that are fragile to start with... and I don't even want to think how much $$ my lippie bag (I am indecisive and usually bring about 1.5 lipsticks per day of travel with me) is worth and whether a rando female (or male I guess) TSA agent would steal them during inspection. I've heard too many ridiculous stories about stolen cash and electronics to trust them with anything I care about.

this is painful to look at @EDZ90! i'm so sorry for your loss 😞

That's awful!! Poor palette 😞 I always carry on ALL of my makeup after an incident with a broken hair straightener in my checked luggage. The TSA can be brutal with checked luggage - I hate seeing them toss it around like a sack of potatoes. It's usually pretty heavy to carry all my makeup with me, but I couldn't stand to see one of my beauties broken because they were tossing my suitcase around! Lol

Ouch! RIP sparkly Z palette 😞 So sorry for your loss @EDZ90! Thank you for the reminder to carry on my makeup!

@EDZ90  My thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time - may you always remember the good times you shared with your Z Palette.

Seriously, though,  this stinks. 😞

Thank you, thank you. In lieu of flowers I'm asking everyone to donate a sparkly item to their own makeup collection. @Tamara76

😘😘😘

Oh no, that's awful. Sometimes they can be so careless.

Macy's cancelled my order for my Mac 'All I Want' lipstick. My friend on the other hand got a shipping notice. She ordered 2 hours after me😭

Oh no! Hate when that happens. Hope you will find a replacement!

when you're at sephora, and you see someone using a mascara directly from the tube, or putting lipstick on with a doe foot applicator. 

hhh.jpg

and then when you - as a normal, cleanly person - aren't interested in an SA putting products directly on your face...you don't know where that doe foot has been, SA! you might use a disposable wand but you know damn well most people do not

In my Sephora yesterday a girl was eating a sandwich with juices running trough her hands and she was swatching every single eyeshadow, blush, etc.

I will stick to hand swatches from now on 

The store was very crowded so I don't blame the SA for not noticing

that's repulsive, @YoiFran! i would have had a hard time biting my tongue!!

I stared at her but she couldn't care less. And to think how many times I have actually swatched things on my face :s specially blushes and highlighters. Lesson learned!

barface1.jpg

People are crazy 😖

This is why I only swatch on my hand/arm.

12,421 Replies
testing