Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

upload_6263548040531062970.jpg

Some people had quality issues with the 50% Laura Geller orders from last week, which was discussed in full detail in the Deals thread. My order arrived today, and I am happy to report everything is in tip top shape, HOWEVER, I was sent the wrong shade in the Eye Rimz I ordered. Of course, there was a moment I doubted myself and thought I accidentally ordered the wrong shade so I doubled checked and definitely did not. The packing slip, the "carton contents" sticker, and my order confirmation all show the right shade, someone just made a mistake. I'm not like totally "complaining," because I paid less than $4 for it, but I would like the shade I selected. If it's an issue of it being OOS, I should have been notified. I've never ordered from Laura Geller direct before, and I contacted their CS, so hopefully they can fix this for me. 

TL;DR: While my entire Laura Geller order is fabulous and I can't believe I deal I got, they sent me the wrong shade of one item and I'm just slightly irritated. 

Ordered a brush from Sephora on sale... it came with the brush head + metal thing not properly glued to the stick. It fell off as soon as I took off the plastic case. 

Returned it in Sephora and saw it appear again online. Reordered it and EXACT SAME ISSUE.

Where is the quality control in that....

I didn't pay for a brush so I'd have to glue it back and fix it myself. 

Trying to find good lighting for a selfie and failing -___-

Using my Tarteist clay paint liner earlier this week and the top popped OFF and eyeliner went EVERWHERE! Thankfully I had just finished my cat eye and just needed a small touch up. But it got all over my (thankfully closed) Modern Renaissance Palette. What a pain!

It's not really a peeve but more I'm peeved at myself. Back in November I ordered some Mehron pigments and they finally arrived today.  In there was an extra item. I was like what??? Looked and it was a double of one of the pigments I ordered so I went and checked my invoice again and sure enough I ordered 2 by accident. This color was simply an add on. I was primarily placing an order for the metallic ones. I added this one after seeing an eye look and thought I didn't have a red like that. I would be wrong... sure enough after I placed my order I realized I had something that would work... Oh man! Can I be more absent minded! Smiley Very Happy

My peeve of the day is seeing 8 million newcomer posts about the reward cards not working on the main BT page and clogging it up. LOL If people would take a minute to read an FAQ, they'd see that Sephora was extending it until the end of today. 

Not really a beauty pet peeve, but more that feeling of dread when you know your mom is about to be mad at you for something.

upload_2497528986454373753.png

"Don't kill me?" Smiley Tongue

The 1000 point rewards that come in quantities of like 20.... c'mon Sephora. We all want in on that if we have the points + most of us work, we don't have time to be refreshing the page 400 times throughout the day. 

Peeve of the day... doing a dark smoky eye, but one of my eyes wants to tear up on the outer corner all day. Grrr! So I have a little bald skin patch on the corner of my eye.

Finally got my UD $20 kickback and 20% off coupon. Perfect time to buy a palette, except all the ones I want are sold out on the website (and available everywhere else that I don't have a great discount). And of course the 20% expires at the end of December, so I can't use it on the new palette. I'll probably just hold onto my $20 off and get the Afterdark palette next sale (if I can wait that long lol). I debated the Moondust, but ultimately it just isn't worth it for only 8 shades that I already have (admittedly less sparkly) dupes of.

Biggest pet peeve is when ordered samples get swapped out for perfume vials (extremely sensitive nose). I understand if samples go OOS and get switched out, but I pick skin/hair care samples for a reason (easy packing for vacation!). 

EDIT: And also when they don't sub out ALL of them. My order was a Boscia sample, Guerlian sample, and GlamGlow sample.  I got: Nirvana Rose vial and L'Occitane lotion sample. No third sub.

When you place an order, box gets delivered, and you've received completely different items than what you originally ordered! Why Sephora, whyyy? 

I dislike how the May Lindstrom Jasmine Water bottle is black, glass, and heavy.  I can't tell when I am close to being finished with it.  Since it's heavy, I feel like lots is in there, but I shake it and notice that a lot is missing.  I don't want to be left with nothing, but I also don't want to buy a new one when I don't need it.

Pet peeve: this error that has frequently been popping up on Sephora's mobile site for weeks, forcing me to shop from the app instead. Does anyone else keep getting this, particularly when trying to get to the previous page? I've reported it already.

IMG_6650.JPG

My phone broke, so I tried ordering a new one online, only to get flagged as fraudulent transaction and I can fix it by--calling! Agghhh!

They won't flag my online makeup and skincare purchases (multiple orders in one day) and sometimes, that one day of shopping is even more expensive than the phone I'm getting. :/

Peeve at myself... When I buy something that is final sale and then I feel buyer's remorse because I went a little overboard... Why must I have no self control?!

All the walking dead spam links 

YSL’s Canadian customer service on their site, in specific “Rachel”… I swear they must be hiring bimbos for the company. I emailed customer service regarding a lip kit that was on the Sephora site and asked if they would be getting it. Her first reply was that they don’t have access to Sephora inventory and then told me to check their website for the availability of the product….First off, if it was on the website I WOULDN’T BE ASKING

Emailed her back, calling her out on the uselessness of that answer. I just want to know if YSL will get the kit….

Get an answer back going “may we suggest you click to be notified if the product is coming back in stock. We cannot answer when and if the product will be in stock as this is a marketing decision”.

Answers like this drive me insane. It’s like she had a cut and paste script which is fine, except she couldn’t even copy the right answers. Anyways, very frustrating experience.

When Sephora messes up your Rouge sale order, says they can't get you the item you purchased because it was sold out (and product page gone), then it shows up on the site again a week later! >.<

Whenever I get a bang cut my bangs never look that great for like 1-2 weeks. After that though, they're totally fabulous...but for 2 weeks it's like I have molted bangs

10,666 Replies