Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Urban Decay has been shipping in hysterically huge boxes lately. It's so wasteful but amusing. The box was too big for the bubble wrap and the one tiny product I ordered was siting in the corner outside of the giant wrappings of the enormous box 

I feel bad for the environment, but it always makes me giggle when I tear open a huge package full of lots of safety filler to find a tiny eyeliner or itty lipstick.

Not beauty only but when tracking states "Estimated delivery 1-11 days". That's...not helpful, you're allowed to be a couple of days off an estimate.

Yes! My recent orders from Sephora have all been saying "1-11 days". Like what the heck lol.

Lol that's quite the range!

When you order 2 things, and one of them is missing. Is it that hard to fulfill an order?

My pet peeve: at Sephora or Ulta when they hand me a shopping basket,  please don't hand that to me because I will fill that thing up!!!

I'm sure this has been mentioned previously, but I don't understand why USPS would decide to use my package to do a touchdown spike imitation 😭Hope they enjoyed getting my perfume all over themselves 😤

IMG_3120.JPG

Oh nooooo! Sorry that happened! Ugg!  

• UThanks @blackkitty2014 I'm usually not phased by such inconveniences but it made me freak out because I also had a dress delivered and the thought of the dress getting ruined by the spilled perfume gave me a legit anxiety attack. The dress was well packaged though, so while the outer label was trashed the dress itself was unscathed. I just want to know how the mail person figured it was a good idea to put this obviously damaged item in my mail box along with other packages! It boggles the mind. 

When great sales and promos pop up when I'm trying to save money.

Hate when that happens.jpg

This is me right now especially. I just spent $300 replacing my water damaged phone eeeek

I'm feeling the same way! 

So my friend received quite a hefty sum of gift cards to Sephora (her friends and family gave her several and it added up) but told me that a mutual friend was bugging her for it. The mutual friend loaded up a basket and at first my friend thought that she was offering suggestions but then sent her this giant cart asking "Is this too much?" 

This is the same "friend" who took advantage of my friend's generosity before. 

I got mad and made a cartful of suggestions for her. Hope she does a giant haul. 

I don't even know how someone could just presume things like that! What a terrible friend. I hope yours treats herself nicely with HER giftcards.

Uhhhhh, no!!!!!   Why would someone presume to use someone else's gift money?  That's utterly distasteful.  That money was meant to gift your friend and not anyone else.  Honestly, I'd be reconsidering the value of the friendship at that point.  

Omg...that's so messed up. I can't believe she thinks it's okay to basically ask her to fork over her gift cards

Exactly.  Just because it's a large sum doesn't mean she should have to share it.  It sounds as though she's being manipulated to feel guilty if she doesn't.  

Time to drop a "friend". I would never, and could never imagine doing such a thing! The nerve of some people. It's sad that this actually happens to A LOT of people. Unfortunately some people don't know how to say no, and people love to use their kindness against them.

I know companies aren't obligated to give birthday gifts and my whining about free things might be a touch rude, but I really hate when companies that do give free gifts vary so widely in quality for time month to month.

Ulta's birthday program is so hit or miss, and sadly first quarter seems to be mainly miss. Previously people were getting a full sized UD eyeshadow, second got a new release deluxe lancome mascara, and now third quarter is getting an *entire* nyx eyeshadow palette. Meanwhile first quarter got a sample of Benefit's primer smaller than my thumb. It feels a touch unfair to say the least, particularly when both the monetary value and the desirability varies so greatly.

I'm holding out hope UD will keep the full sized Sin highlighter long enough that those of us who had a birthday before they started giving it out can get one, but I'll be a bit bummed if they don't (however the free eye shadow is such a nice and close in value gift that I wouldn't be too put out).

Note: I don't mind at all when higher spending categories get better gifts. It makes perfect sense to me that a Rouge or Platinum etc member should receive better gifts/extra birthday perks. I just feel like it shouldn't be determined by month.

@Annalily11 I cannot guarantee that it will work but if your birthday is in the first final month of quarter (for example my birthday is June & Ulta gives you 30 days to get it) you can ask the SA to give you the gift for the quarter before.  Last year I think April-June birthdays received some hairspray and July-September received the full-size UD shadow.  I went in store and asked if they would make an exception and they did no problem.  Again I can't guarantee that it would work but it is my understanding that they rarely "run out" of a specific quarter's gift.

Also, I do agree that it can be frustrating to see that the gifts are not equivalent.

12,471 Replies
testing