Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I hear you. I don't know what's going on with the new bt. I feel like they used to show us the same threads all the time and all the newbie questions would get pushed to the bottom. Which I prefer!

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I was just going to write this exact thing @blackkitty2014!! One glance at any of the threads here (but especially What Are You Wearing Today, where you can see BICers lovely faces!) shows that we all have different skin tones/undertones, skin types, are different ages, have different preferences in products, like more makeup or less makeup, have more or less time to get ready in the morning, have different budgets, work different jobs (or don't!), and on and on. Sigh.

I am also getting tired of the app not working and the site randomly crashing, and of the same questions being posted again and again. I don't blame newcomers because the homepage isn't well organized and the search bar doesn't work very well. You have to put in the exact thing you're looking for in order for the result to be generated.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

What really grinds my gears is when people do my makeup or other people's makeup without being sanitary. Not only is it gross BUT it is also totally unsafe for the client!!

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Ugh yes!!! That's why I would never get my makeup done at Sephora... the testers are so gross. yuck

makeitstop.gifllama face.gif

Yasss, plz make it stahhhp! 😆

nwld.gif

@heartsmyface Patron silver is my favorite, but I figured...

@heartsmyface Patron silver is my favorite, but I figured Patron wouldn't work with my joke 😄

Re: @heartsmyface Patron silver is my favorite, but I figured...

@niki172  Ahhhhh;), I see what you're doing;);)

Who else is up for a liquid dinner tonight? I hear Jose C...

Who else is up for a liquid dinner tonight? I hear Jose Cuervo is easy on the eyes 😄 😄

Re: Who else is up for a liquid dinner tonight? I hear Jose C...

I'll just leave this here 😄

hakunamavodka.jpg

@niki172

Image result for all the tequila gif

Image result for all the tequila gif

@niki172

Garden-fresh mint, limes in the fridge, and a bottle of rum...I do believe mojitos are in order for the evening! 🍹

Ewwww, make it Don Julio and I'm in;) @niki172

@niki172 Already on it!

People who "review" products they haven't tried.  This got under my skin today.  I was lucky enough to swatch the ABH palette before it was released and thought it is lovely.  I was going to buy it...but have so much new makeup I lagged...it sold out...then the whole outcry and hate started so I decided no.  Well, this morning during my workout I watched some of those videos.  Are these people kidding!?  They open a palette for the first time and "review it"?  Not everyone.  And, oddly, the reviews by people who actually tried the palette a few times before reviewing it like it a lot more (than those who just turned on a camera and stuck their brushes into fresh snow).

People put time and money into creating something of which they are probably proud.  Sure, I get that people can do things their own way and like what they like (or dislike) but for this whole thing to blow up...crazy.

Maybe the palette isn't for everyone but I think people who publicly go on a rampage about a new product and know that they have influence should at least give it a fair shot.

I now might get the palette...though I so don't need it...

@meganlisa I wished they would title them as first impressions! A proper review takes time to collect thoughts and test out different methods, and clearly most people who didn't give the palette a fair shot wanted to get their videos out quick.

Stephanie Nicole gives fabulous reviews and she provides numerous tips and tricks without being biased 🙂 If I want a quality product, I will rely on her more than anyone else on Youtube.

I don't think most people know that this palette requires a light hand, and you can't go overboard. Social media has conditioned everyone that you have to really dig into product to get results, which is not true. The pigment is outstanding, and the quality seems to be there. Unfortunately, the colours aren't my cup of tea which is why I'm not that interested.

Exactly!!!!  I appreciate that I had fair warning that the shadows are soft.  Going in knowing this I knew to be gentle with the palette.  The pigment is extraordinary!  It's straight up colour!   Not for the heavy handed.  Mine blends out just fine too so maybe I was just lucky.  I'm certainly never going to return mine because it's amazing and I have nothing like it in my collection.  

I was a bit horrified watching people rubbing their shadows until they hit pan.  I think it was for views. At least that's what I choose to believe.   @meganlisa

@meganlisa I was actually turned off from all the reviews, but once I watched a number of more detailed (and delayed) reviews about the best way to use this eyeshadow palette, I discovered that the method I already use to apply eyeshadow is the best method! I like to pat eyeshadows rather than swirl to pick up pigment, with the exception of the base shade which I do swirl my brush in. The swirling motion seems to be what causes the biggest issues with kick up and powdery pans.

I still don't think I'm skilled enough to make these colours work, but I think it's still a beautiful palette that I would purchase at this point if I could see myself using it more.

More colours are ALWAYS good @meganlisa especially if you don't have many mattes already! 😉

12,350 Replies
testing