Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

yeah tell me about it @trishavt Maybe I'll just go smoke something else 😄

Image result for joint smoke gif

We made it legal in Massachusetts! 😄

Nice @jozkid! Legal here for medical purposes... soon to be legal.

Well, @veronika23 while it's legal because we voted it in, they still haven't gotten around to setting up the shops yet because of taxes, etc. I think they're saying 2018 now although it's been "legal" since January of this year. You can bet I'll be one of the first in line when one opens up nearby! I believe the medical stuff is already legal here. We're such a very progressive state. 😉

@jozkid  Ohh that's good!  You know it shouldn't have been made illegal in the first place... there is so much crap why it was and they brainwashed people into thinking it was bad when really it's been used for thousands of years in different applications.  There is so much info once you research it.  Did you know that Henry Ford made a car including fuel entirely out of hemp? Pretty cool uh? Yeah that never happened because of big oil and greed... another reason why it was made illegal... Anyways Canada has had it for medical purposes for years now... the rules eventually changed but still able to have it for that purpose. Now they are working on legalization.  Not sure if they are going about it the right way but we shall see.

@RGbrown 

A mess.  There was a thread someone started because they only posted to receive their points....it got some traction but clearly not enough.  At least they were willing to state their reason for stopping by, do what they needed to, and move on as opposed to all these one off threads (95% of which already exist) just to get the points.  My frustrations are rapidly escalating and once again I am left to wonder if the underlying purpose is more traffic on the site or the actual building of a community.  As it stands the community portion is laughable even with us former BTers fighting tooth & nail to keep it from disappearing completely.

WoosahWoosah

I didn't realize that people got points for posting? I guess that would explain the posts that say things like "hi" and that's it?

I haven't really said anything because it's like shouting into the void, but I hate this whole setup. Maybe this is what Sephora wanted? To have this be an influencer (vomit) playground and that's it. I don't know; I just miss all the threads I used to frequent. And yes, I know I can find them if I try but I don't have the patience to keep scrolling through pages of meaningless stuff to get to them.

@JenniferOhJenny   people get points to fill out their beauty insider profile.  So the site announces this and the new community + emails were sent out. Guess the government didn't have enough data on us with all the other social media platforms they wanted to collect the type of skin we have as well. 😂😂😂

Ugh, that's right - i forgot about that. 

@ElleElleG  exactly... George needed to make another appearance

LL.gif

@RGbrown  I know. I just can't right now... I don't even want to be on here and continue updating... what's the f-ing point.  If you want quick access to some threads this one has a lot of links to popular BT threads.

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/Welcome-to-BIC-The-Navigation-Thread/m-p/2911403#M98185

Now I need a drink!

giphy1.gif

@veronika23, yeah, that thread will the only thing that keeps some of us going. Newbies won't pay attention, but at least we'll be able to find a few of the oldies but goodies. 

Gawd I hope you are right @suzyo...in the mean time, I'm losing patience and prone to wander away myself. 😥

I'm glad I found BT before it became BIC, but it seems Sephora just wants to turn it into another farking social media platform. 😢

@RGbrown  yup. I wish there was an Old Timer board for all of us that were on BT... a place to escape the madness.

@veronika23 I couldn't agree more Veronica! I enjoy welcoming new people, even if I'm answering the same questions about points and status over and over again, since this community is all about helping others by sharing our expertise. However I feel that a lot of the newer posts are one offs, and we don't see those posters further engaging in the commuunity at all ☹️

I'm also seeing an increase in negativity about Sephora, which makes no sense because hello, the regulars on BIC obviously love Sephora and are not likely to agree that Sephora/the brand's sold by Sephora/all Sephora CS sucks. Why come here just to complain and then never engage in further discussion so that we can all learn more about one another and the reasons behind our opinions?😤

Can we petition to have a board just for us old timers so we can stop having the urge to yell at whipper snappers to get off our lawn? JK only serious. 🙃

@LCResz  it's totally fun to have newcomers when they join into the conversation. The one and done also gets to me. It's just not a community anymore. I would love to have a board just for old timers so we can talk about stuff that we like and share our opinions. I miss that. I miss scrolling the feed and seeing different pictures in different threads... those always got me to go take a look.  I miss the real discussion about whatever product or whatever else. I miss seeing when someone that we haven't seen in a while pops up... I just miss BT so bad.  I think a lot of old timers dedicated a lot of time to the community and made it what it was... now it's just a big old pile of dog 💩. Yes dog 💩 and not unicorn 🦄💩 since this place in no longer magical.

@veronika23 I have faith that this place will once again be filled with glittery, magical, mermaidy, unicorny, llamatastic goodness if we keep trying! Stay classy BIC!

IMG_3385.JPG

@veronika23 I totally agree with you. I find that the older platform was much more accessible. I log on quite a bit less now as compared to before - just because I feel it's a mess to find posts, and what not. I wish they kept the old format of BT instead of all this new stuff....  

I wish that too @kromance! There's just so much we can take on here... maybe that was the point. 😞

I think it will die down eventually. I think because people are kind of mis-using the forum they won't experience it as intended and will get bored if that makes any sense. They will get tired of people not answering their posts etc.

Fingers crossed!

@JenniferOhJenny I just have to say that I am cracking up over your profile pic! 😄

12,471 Replies
testing