Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: When you walk into a makeup store and the sales associate...

It's actually a part of shopping culture there to be assisted throughout your shopping experience.  It's their job to be with you throughout your shop and to educate you on every thing you show interest in.  They don't mean it to be annoying.  You are meant to be the single most important person to them when you enter their shop.  @angelKiss24

@heartsmyface, yes...my friends told me about this and I...

@heartsmyface, yes...my friends told me about this and I thought I was prepared for it............butttttttt I really wasn't!! lol. I wasn't prepared for that level of attentiveness at all and was weirded out by the whole thing, so much so that I started to feel scared to pick up an item because I knew the poor girl was going to start a whole speech about it! And honestly, I didn't want to hear what the company wanted her to tell me...I wanted time to form my own opinion on the product and I couldn't do that with her trying to tell me how great it is because of this or that. I know I'll have to get used to it sooner or later...or give up on makeup shopping here..........which we all know will not happen 🙃😊😄

Eyeliner gooping in the inner corner of your eyes

Eyeliner gooping in the inner corner of your eyes

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

My beauty pet peeve is bad eyebrows. They can make or break your whole look so apply with precision

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The thing with this statement is that people have different tastes and ideas as to what would constitute as 'bad' eyebrows.  There's no perfect eyebrow nor is there only one way to do them.  

I also feel it's not fair to be judgemental of people's makeup skills.  Makeup is a learned skill and we all need to start somewhere.  If that means having less than perfect eyebrows while you're figuring it out then so be it.    @young519

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Sometimes I wish that Sephora didn't have its stores organized by brand.  If I'm looking for a new product (say, a concealer or a particular shade of lipstick), it'd be far easier if I could go to one corner of the store and try a whole assortment of concealers or lipsticks, rather than walk around to all the different brand displays.  I presume they pulled this business model from department stores, which are organized by brand since there are brand reps working the counter, but I don't see any reason why Sephora needs to do it this way.

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I totally agree with you!! What a great concept!

They'll sometimes have displays sorted by product but it's rare to find this in any store. @IciclePop

Hm. I actually like it organized by brand because I think it's easy to browse. I have my favorite brands that I stick to mostly anyways. I also like that if I don't know what I want I can get recommendations instead of having to choose things myself off the shelf.

Even drugstores are organized by brand. It would seem odd to me if makeup stores weren't.

Yeah, I don't think I'd like it when I'm just browsing.  It's just annoying when I have something particular in mind that I want to buy, and I have to run around the store trying products from different brands until I find one that fits my needs.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I have been searching everywhere for over a week for my Too Faced x Kandee Banana Pudding Powder. Like seriously everywhere to the point of digging through the garbage. I had it when I spent the night at my parents and when I came home, it was MIA: It wasn't in my purse. It wasn't in my overnight bag. It wasn't in the bathroom at my parents, it wasn't in the bedroom at my parents. It wasn't in the garbage. It wasn't in my dad's car, which I spent six hours in. Nowhere to be found! I assumed lost in transit. I just found it in my travel makeup bag. How did I not think to check there?? What is wrong with me!

Ha, that's too funny!!!  Right where it was supposed to be! 

Just before reading where you found your banana powder I was wondering to myself whether you or your parents had a cat.  My cat steals my stuff if I don't put it away.  @shimmerbait

Lol @heartsmyface nope just dogs! My current dog does not share my love for makeup!!

@shimmerbait Everytime I spend the night someplace else I lose something! It's never actually lost though, I'll search everywear just to stumble upon it when I'm not looking. Seriously, everytime.

@shimmerbait Haha! I do that all the time too. 

Censorship. Still. Grinds. My. Gears. 

Image result for rolls eyes gif

And people who only use the search bar to steal thread titles grinds my gears...

I hear you. The community is still going through growing pains and I'm not feeling like I should change to keep up with it. Under-utilization of the search, repetitive bs, and the fact that some threads simply don't appear anyone (i miss the Natural skincare thread in my feed) are tough.

@lmi82 How about palette, pallet, and palete? 😉

Or regime v. regimen. It hurts my brain.

Haha! Don't even get me started on the spelling, @gonerogue. 😉 😄

I'm not understanding the consistency of the censorship either, I keep seeing curse words and such and I thought that was a no-no? What are you trying to post @lmi82?

12,471 Replies
testing