Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Thanks for finding that update. They didn’t say how old the child was on The View. I’m glad to know the employees handled the situation calmly and professionally. If I was the mom, I would’ve needed smelling salts to revive me.

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

all these posts about how order shipments are delayed etc. Gridin my gears... 

There is a message in red text when you make your order during a sale that clearly states your order will take longer than usual due to a high volume of customers. @kromance

RIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHHTTTTT????? They. Need. To. RELAX. 

@kromance It's not just the sheer number, some of them are so aggressive! I know we all want our pretty things, but...

giphy (3).gif

I have to look the other way @kromance.  First, tons of complains about no Rouge codes, then the codes not working then the stuffs are OOS then orders are pending then slow Flash shipping ... this wont end ... This board needs to hide/move Customer Support thread related for both us (BIC) and the company's good 😉

@blackkitty2014 i 100% agree with you. I feel like i never saw this stuff before in the old BT.. but see a lot more of it now.. They DO need to move it - so other posts dont get lost in the sea of a customer service related type of threads. 

@kromance Omg a million times yes - I would heart this 1000 times if I could. The cart page has a clear warning and it has been like this every year, its not new. 

@Kim888  That's what I don't understand.. it clearly states on the checkout page that there could be a delay... still.. so many posts regarding it (Facepalm)... I feel even if the administrators made a sticky on the front page regarding the time delays during sale time, people would still make posts regarding the very same topic - asking WHY IS MY SHIPMENT NOT SENT YET! lol...  like the time mods made a post on rouge sale dates and all the faqs.. and people STILL made posts inquiring when it was and how long it would be for.. lolll (double facepalm)  

Upon packing for a trip, I decided to “pack light” including limiting my makeup stash, only to realize I totally forgot to pack any bronzer for an 8-day beach trip.

Since I am pretty good about sunscreen, I really wished I had my Hourglass bronzer!

Oh no!!! I love Hourglass bronzer.

Whiny post incoming: Some stuff in my loves list (*cough* YSL liquid lipstick and Tom Ford Disco Dust) has been OOS for the majority or all of the sale T__T waaaaaah

@myumew I FEEL you on this one! Disco Dust was on my "maybe" list for the sale and when it went OOS, I decided to get another TF palette instead just out of spite! Darn you Disco Dust!

Anonymous Insider

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people overline/ overdraw their lips and take the lipstick way past their lip line. I don't mind when you barely notice it but when it's really crazy it bothers me 

Pet peeves 

- highlight on the tip of your nose 

- over drawn eyebrows and over waxed eyebrows 

- overdone bronzer 

My loves list is gone it just comes up as page not found,I hope it comes back soon.

@Seymore3 Oh I have a potential fix to this! I'm using Chrome on a windows system, but every once in a while, I notice multiple sephora pages loading/not loading/error messages/etc so I will test by opening the page in incognito mode. If that works, it generally means I've got too many instances cached in my browser memory, so I'll clear my cache/temp files/cookies and that clears everything right up! 

@MissPuff I think I just understood maybe about a quarter of what you said.  Lol!

Biggest beauty pet peeve ever is when girls highlight the tips of their noses!!!! Whenever a girl highlights the tip of their nose to make it look skinnier or cuter it ALWAYS makes their nose look like a lightbulb and its SO not cute. Plus, it makes their nose standout and on certain occasions bigger! My brother thinks it also looks ridiculous and like a patch of oil right on the tip...so girls please just do some simple side and tip contouring and forget the tip highlight 🙂

I highlight my nose sometimes. I don't know a d@mn thing about contouring, but if I want my nose (or anything else) to sparkle like a light bulb, I'm entitled to that 😄

glitter-main-2.jpg

@RGbrown@angel7594Amen to that! It has literally never occurred to me to be bothered because someone enjoys doing their makeup differently than I do.

12,350 Replies
testing