Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

😂 I’d like to see one of them in person under a spot light. It would give me a chance to use my eclipse glasses again 

Sad story ahead 😭

I was at Target this afternoon and took my work backpack with me since I carry my card case in it. Little did I know that one of the zippers was OPEN and nobody bothered to tell me (another pet peeve) so naturally my FAVORITE Nars Powermatte lippie fell out and shattered all over their clean, white floor 😖😩 Luckily I had my shopping list in hand and used that to grab the broken bottle but I had to let an employee know that my lipstick made a huge mess and I was utterly embarrassed. The Target employees handled it very well though so I will give them props for that. Anyway.... Rest In Peace NARS Powermatte in American Woman 😵 You will be greatly missed and hopefully replaced soon! 

Oh no!  My heart breaks for you! @gonerogue

Oh no! I'm sorry about the Powermatte. But good on you for staying to make sure it got taken care of- so many people don't! 

@gonerogue That's so good of you to stay around and warn people! Such a tragic loss, RIP Nars Powermatte 😞 Though, silver lining, at least American Women isn't a LE color! 

You’re right, I would have been extra bummed if it was limited edition and no longer available. Maybe Santa will rebuy it for me for Xmas? 😇😉

I’m glad the employees were graceful about it, I’m sure so many people have an accident and walk away instead of telling someone about the mess, so that was really cool of you. I’m so annoyed no one told you that you’re bag was unzipped, it sucks that your fav lippies was broken, hopefully you can replace it soon ❤️

@bakeamuffin The employees were pretty grateful that I didn’t just walk away and I stayed to warn people not to step on my mess until they came to clean it up but that was mainly because I was very mortified at what I had done. I’m thinking of writing a nice letter to their store manager to let know they have some good people!

Yes! At least you didn't walk away. Many people I think would walk away from it!

On the other hand, perhaps if they wanted to sell some makeup remover, using that to remove from the floor would be a good product demo...;)

@k617 What a marvelous marketing idea! The Powermatte formula stays on ALL day so had they used a good makeup remover to remove it from the floor, it would have been cleaned in half the time. Are you in marketing? If not, you should consider it 😉👌🏻

That’s such a thoughtful idea @gonerogue! Essence during the holiday season when most retail workers are under more stress, great time for spreading joy! 

Anonymous Insider

@gonerogue, that was very good of you to stay and warn people. Yes, it is something you would not (and did not) think twice to do, but many people would walk away.  I would encourage you to drop a note with the store manager to let him or her know about the employees. So often comments made to store managers are negative and do not highlight the good work that people do. It's very kind of you to think to do that.

Oh no! That is so sad! I’m surprised nobody noticed and told you! 

Isn’t that the worst? I must have passed 50 people and not a single soul let me know! All I could think of was that being bad karma 🤷🏼‍♀️

Anonymous Insider

Oh no, @gonerogue!  I am so sorry. 

I am glad to hear that the Target employee handled it well; I am sure that things like this happen often. 

That is so upsetting!! You’d think someone would notice and tell you it was open 

@Kim888 My thought exactly!! Oh well... all I can do is learn from my mistake and triple check my zippers before I leave the car from now on!

Dropping off a pretty long thought about delivery companies...

> Some Ex-USPS workers have revealed that they were ordered by superiors at the end of their shift to mark undelivered packages as delivered. This is done to not jeopardize large contracts.

> NPS has a great podcast from THREE years ago detailing the tracking technology that was already available on UPS trucks. "1 minute per driver per day adds up to $14.5million a year". The drivers' every movement is tracked (opening a door, buckling their seatbelt, putting the key in the engine). Hundreds of PHDs spend years trying to reduce seconds off drivers' routes. So in areas with a shortage in drivers, yes, walking to every front door is, from what I can gather, job-threatening.

At the end of the day, of course customers can/should complain about certain issues. I understand the sadness/frustration that can surround a package you were SO excited to receive. What I don't understand are the "absolutely LIVID" customers, complaining about (what I consider) small issues.

tl;dr: Just wish some people would take a step back and think about the humans (and families) behind package deliveries, the corporation pressures they face, and how that can/should shape the types of complaints they make.. especially this time of year.

This post is so timely @whitepolkydots....we were at the mall last night picking up a purchase.  It was close to 845 p.m. and their poor UPS guy had just arrived.  I heard him over-talking to the store attendant as he was unloading their deliveries.  The attendant asked him what time his shift started and he responded "oh, the usual -  6am".  She asked if he was almost done and he said he still had 8 more stores to visit.  Then he'd drive back to work, complete some paperwork and was anticipating getting home around 10pm.  Catch some zzz's then get ready for another 6am shift start the next day .  Despite all this, he was pleasant and not grumpy or moody at all.  I was impressed but I felt so bad for him Smiley Sad   

During the holidays, we give our mailman, UPS guy & Fed Ex man a Christmas card thanking them for their service with a gift card to Starbucks (you know, for the caffeine boost) because, man, that job is so brutal this time of year. 

Me too @ZombieMetroAnt! I gifted our mailman a Tim Horton's card and last year I even got a thank you card in the mail shortly after!

He's always smiley, apologetic for "bothering" me when he rings the door bell (when we answer, anyway) and seem to genuinely love his job even though he now works Sundays as well for parcel deliveries.

@whitepolkydots Very well said! I complain about UPS’s lack of concern when it comes to most of my deliveries and I never really consider empathizing with their struggle to meet a certain quota. I’m going to think twice before I start bad mouthing them. Although the main problem I have with UPS nowadays is that the drivers figured out a shortcut to delivering my packages (I live on the 3rd floor of a building) and that shortcut is to TOSS all of my packages from the 1st floor to the 3rd to get it close to my door. I find my packages in the hallway, on the stairs and sometimes by the neighbors door because they figured they don’t have to walk the extra steps to get it close to my door so they just toss them up instead. I have only had very few things arrive broken since I have lived in my building and none have been recent so I can’t say the tossing has affected the products inside the box but still... come on! Anyway, I’m going to think twice before I complain and think of all the extra work they do during the holidays to deliver gifts and I am grateful for that so again, thank you for helping me see UPS drivers in a new light! ❤️❤️❤️

12,471 Replies
testing