Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

FINE I can take a hint 🤯😭😂

FINE I can take a hint 🤯😭😂

RE: Nooooo

Such a PITA and a let down

Re: Nooooo

It's (back) in stock!

Don't think you can hide from me, Sephora. I see you.

Tarte’s customizable palettes are of amazing quality @fieldsofclover. I’ve begun to collect them. I have 4, and wish I had bought some of the others that were produced. I certainly hope you get one. This year’s holiday versions are stunning! Have you seen them? I’m not sure if they’re available anymore, but wow. Just beautiful!💖💜

The two I saw are (or were, yesterday)... actually has me thinking about making a Tarte account just to buy one of those! Shhh don't tell Sephora

Oh no!   Hopefully you can snag it this time, @fieldsofclover!!!

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I saw a sweater on a website last weekend and they were offering it for 40% off and free shipping with $100.00 purchase. Today the same website is only offering 30% off sale items only.

Ugh, that happened with a few things to me yesterday. I fell Asleep before placing an order, and now the whole sale has changed entirely. Aargh!! @Loretta55

Maaaaan that Becca Light Chaser Bellini kit that went on...

Maaaaan that Becca Light Chaser Bellini kit that went on sale today... I paid full fare for it a week-ish ago 😒

Re: Maaaaan that Becca Light Chaser Bellini kit that went on...

If you can do a return. They should allow you to return and then repurchase your same items at the discounted price.  A hassle but at least you can use some of the returned money towards something else. 

Yeah, I might call and see if the concierge can do a pric...

Yeah, I might call and see if the concierge can do a price adjustment or something too.

Is there a beauty disasters thread because that's where this should go, but I need some sympathetic ears. I got home from work to find one of my acrylic makeup units upended and on the floor, with a lot of the contents spilled out all around. The jar of Clea du Peau cotton pads? Same fate. All my shadow brushes are strewn on the floor under my vanity as well. It's such a mess that I don't even have the heart to go take a closer look to see what else happened or how much stuff is damaged. I know exactly which fat, clumsy cat did it too. I have two and only one ever tries to get up on my makeup table and she's had some close calls before. Ugh. I started vacation as of tonight so I guess the bright side is that at least I can dedicate tomorrow to cleaning it all up. I hope there isn't too much broken. 

Late update but it took me longer than expected to get everything back to rights again. After a long brush cleaning sesh last night I finally got everything back to normal and accounted for. I threw away some of the cotton pads that had been on the floor but, so far, I haven't found anything broken. I didn't open every single compact if it managed to stay inside the drawers, so there may some broken pieces that I'll find later. But for now it's all cleaned up and life goes on. I wish there was a way to keep the cats out of that room but it's where they get fed (it's the one room I can keep the dog out of) so it's not possible.

Thanks for very sweet gasps of of sympathetic horror! 🙀 They meant a lot! 

Oh no!! @starsandbucks We hope you didn’t lose much more. Ugh!!!!

So sad, @starsandbucks. I guess Santa is putting coal in the stocking of some certain clumsy cat at your house. Here's hoping the cleanup goes easily and nothing critical is broken.

Oh no!!!!   So sorry to hear that!   Hopefully there weren't too many casualties, @starsandbucks!!!

Image may contain: indoor

A little Photoshop and this could be a Michael Bay movie 💥🕶

I would watch it. 

Ugh, I have nightmares about this. Hopefully it was such...

Ugh, I have nightmares about this. Hopefully it was such an exciting experience they'll never get on your table again! 💥

Ouch! Hope nothing was damaged too bad. 

12,471 Replies
testing