Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

That is never fun! @malise2024 

@malise2024 I know that is a bummer

@kat212skincare that is how gullible these kids are

When the ten year olds cop an attitude with me🙄

You are a ten year old

@Madelynnfarmer that is sad that their parents would allow that

When someone uses the lipstick tester directly on their lips🤢

super dissapointing this is good one @vixie03 

@vixie03 I know that is so gross 

It’s disgusting 

When you know there is still product left in a skincare/makeup bottle but won't come out! (ex: Glow Recipe Dew Drops, still love em tho!)

I know this all to well! So relatable 💕 @EmmaWilli 

Gahhh yes!! The Too Faced Shadow Insurance 24-Hour Eyeshadow Primer 0.2 oz/ 5.7 g is terrible now!! & the tube is too thick to cut 😞

@EmmaWilli that is a good one

Poor customer service. Laura Mercier direct has a great deal right now; purchase $75 receive a free moisturizing bronzer and blush in your choice of shades.

I made my cart, then proceeded to checkout.  After I completed checkout, I noticed that the bronzer and blush had been removed, having previously been visible.

Even though the email I was sent did not make this stipulation, and neither did the link to the offer on their homepage, you could not receive the bonus gwp duo if you purchased anything from the sale section.  The email did say not available with any other offer, but I saw that discount codes didn't work for this promotion, so I thought that was it.

Oh, and the price of the Chinese New Year Caviar Duo is the REGULAR PRICE, even though it was listed in the sale section.  It's the same price it was on Sephora.

They will neither cancel my order, or even mail those two items to me separately.  So, all three of my recent orders are going back, no matter how good of a deal they were.  I refuse to support deceptive business practices.

This sounds incredibly frustrating. I hope it was resolved for you 💕🫶 @Ispend2much6 

@peculiarzmakeup  Thank you! I resolved it by returning the items.😂

@Ispend2much6  First: I’m sorry this happened to you. I’d return my recent orders too after that. 

Next: if full offer terms aren’t displayed with the offer, then Laura Mercier is in violation of FTC law. I’m not on LM’s mailing list, so I can’t see the terms stated in the email. But I just went to LM’s site and, on the homepage, I see a marquee for the offer that doesn’t reference offer terms at all. It doesn’t contain an “exclusions apply” or “see terms/offer details” link to the offer terms, or even an asterisk + offer terms in footer. That’s a problem. 

In the site’s bottom nav menu, I did find LM’s Current Offers page, and this offer’s listed on that page. But there’s no asterisk or any other notation in the offer itself to let me know there are terms associated with it. When I scroll to the bottom of that page, I do see a bunch of offer terms, and I guess the first one’s for the free blush & bronzer offer. (I also assume those are the terms that were in the email.) And yep, when I see “cannot be combined with other offers,” I assume that means I can’t use other special offers/promos with the offer in question. If LM wants to exclude sale items, they should clearly state “excludes sale items” (or something like that) in their offer terms. Getting bad customer service from LM would convince me to report this to the FTC, complete with screenshots of their entire homepage, offer page, and email. 

@WinglessOne  You are a wealth of information!  Thank you so much for taking the time to advise me.

When friends don't use referral codes you send them, which would in turn earn you rewards. 

I have had a day…

First, this fell on the floor this morning and shattered into pieces. It was not salvageable. 

IMG_8013.jpeg

And then I lost an entire chunk of a nail somehow. It didn’t hurt and I didn’t notice anything until it was too late and the corner was hanging on by a thread. Looks like I’m switching to an oval shape for a while…

IMG_8012.jpeg

12,350 Replies
testing