Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Maybe your partner needs to do more cleaning and comment...

Maybe your partner needs to do more cleaning and comment less on how other people look in front of you.

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Here's a slight pet peeve. 

I visit SiJCP a couple weeks ago and the SA threw in a clam shell sample in my bag - 

bosia.PNG

I try it the next day and hm, not bad.  Ok, day 2 and then day 3....man, this stuff lasted all week!  And oooh, my face really likes this!  It's reacting so well - fresh, soft & not at all greasy or drying.  "I say to myself - "self, I think I found my moisturizer HG!!  Could it be?  WOW!"  Smiley Surprised 

Ok, so I start looking at the baggie again and try to decipher what it is...hm, nothing comes up on Sephora.  Let me check good ol' handy dandy Google.....

AHA!!  Here it is....I find the name and write it on the opposite side of the baggie.

bosciaa.PNG

Ok, so let's go back to Sephora and get this baby in a jug!! 

OOH!  And the skincare promo is still going on!  Today's the last day to get double points!  YAS!

-

-

-

oh wait, what?

-

-

Smiley Indifferent it's discontinued.  

Oh no, @ZombieMetroAnt!!!!

SiJCP and Boscia...

Image result for tragic gif

@ZombieMetroAnt This was me and the Boscia BB cream last year 😭

I'm glad you were able to hunt down some remainders!

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Similar thing happened to me!! I received a sample of the tsubaki exfoliating powder with my online order. I fell in love, went to purchase it and realized it was discontinued in 2016 LOL. Luckily, I found a bottle of it at marshalls 2 weeks later

Oh no @ZombieMetroAnt! Maybe Boscia direct has it?

Thanks @Aaliaa...I found out Boscia is "reformulating" the entire tsubaki line Smiley Sad  But I did hunt down three bottles of this at different SiJCP stores - they have it on sale from $38 to $28.  That should hold me over for a bit.  It's just a bummer.  

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!  @ZombieMetroAnt  Especially since it was good enough to seek out! 

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Liquid eyeliner. Because my hand isn't steady and it looks like a heart rate monitor by the time I'm done

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

It just takes more practice and consistent use @rtorch I've used liquid liner for years as a teen, then switched to cream liner for a few years. Last year I switched back to liquid liner and my application skills were SO BAD!! Even just to tightline! Thankfully with more consistent use I've gotten a lot better and don't look ridiculous anymore haha

I used to use a business card as a guide. Only took me th...

I used to use a business card as a guide. Only took me three years to be able to freehand!

Haha, I have steady hands and wrinkly eyelids so no matter how straight I can draw anywhere else I can’t get a perfectly straight line going on my lids.  @rtorch

@rtorch Same!

So we all know Sephora has been undependable when it comes to samples lately. I really wanted to try the dior berry lip glow and was only able to add it to one of my orders. (I can't try it in store) so I ordered samples from ebay thinking there's no way I'm going to get it......Wrong! Today's order had all the samples I choose including the dior. What the crap

@sonnydee

Wait, what? You got samples? And they were ones you requested?

Hold on a sec...I need to catch my breath...

🙄😒

😅

I tried to get that sample...instead I received two orders completely sample-free. Sigh.

I know right! Baffling. And it was all 3! That hasn't happened in months.  It was because I bought from ebay the ones I really wanted. @RGbrown

When your lip liner sharpens oddly and you get a little piece that jabs you in the lip - Ouch!!!!  (I’m looking at you, UD 24/7 lip liner and Laura Mercier sharpener!)

64D69259-DB44-4600-9204-D142697318A5.gif

@Tamara76 I never, ever thought I'd be spending more than $1 on a pencil sharpener but I have spent an embarrassing amount on them because of this problem lol! I'm using one by NARS that's so far so good.

Ohhhhh - I think I have a couple NARS sharpeners in a drawer somewhere - I think I'll dig one out and see if that solves the problem.  Thanks, @JayJayyy! ❤️

@Tamara76 This happens to me all the time with the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils. Then I try to sharpen just a little more to get rid of the stabby point and end up breaking off the whole tip. WHYYYYYYYYYYY?

OMG - Yes!  I've experienced this with NARS, too!  @MissPuff

12,429 Replies
testing