Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

@gonerouge I have been there more than enough times forge...

@gonerouge I have been there more than enough times forgetting my setting spray. I have one in my purse now. Lol

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Hi @gonerogue,

Ahhh, I can relate to your post on so many levels. I hate when I forget to set my face with setting spray. I now always carry a mini setting spray in my work bag! It became a routine and one time @ZakiyaBT had her sister's wedding to go to and I had an extra mini on me. She used the setting spray over her Fenty Beauty Foundation for her sister's wedding pics and she looked flawless. 🙂 

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

@RaquelBT Very clever! It sounds like you saved her makeup thanks to your smart packing skills! I keep a makeup bag at work with retouching essentials but I never thought to put some setting spray in there since I'm pretty good at using it in the morning. I will be sure to pack my mini setting sprays in my bag from now on 🙂

That's how 80% of the stuff I carry on me wound up in my makeup bag; I realized I'd forgotten it way after the fact!  At least it turned into a learning experience!

@michelleshops I think that's how my mini concealer ended up in my bag but my makeup bag at work mostly only has lippies and blotting powder. I'm going to have to step my game up 🙂

I keep a setting spray at work, because my face can get dry over the course of the day and it moisturizes my face without messing my makeup up.

@IciclePop Smart thinking! I think this was a learning experience I needed to find out just how much setting spray REALLY works for me and the verdict is that I definitely do need it so I'll be packing some minis in my bag from now on 🙂

I'll admit, I'm guilty of binge-watching Beauty YouTube videos but it absolutely drives me insane when, after EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT, the little Beau-Tuber looks in the viewfinder and absolutely gushes, "I'm OBSESSED!".  Please.  Honey, wait until next week and you'll be "obsessed" with an entirely new arsenal of products.  Until then, I would be happy to provide you with a list of synonyms that might adequately describe your deep devotion for everything that you're using.

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Or they call something their “holy grail” or their “ride or die”. Another pet peeve is when they claim that they’re so obsessed with a product that they use it daily but they’ve said that recently about 20+ other products in the same category. Like they’re really using 20+ foundations, palettes, and mascaras on a daily basis.

@CookieGirl1 Lol...Yes!

@CookieGirl1 Lol...Yes!

@CookieGirl1. Agree! I hate it when they "fix" their hair...

@CookieGirl1. Agree! I hate it when they "fix" their hair or "check" themselves out via the camera. Drives me crazy. I stop watching them at that point.

Pet peeve: toddlers (kidding) 😂 It’s really my own fault, I left my Beauty Blender on the counter and my daughter (3) was just too curious 😂😭🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m so sad that I forgot to put it away! RIP beauty blenderRIP beauty blender

my 4 year old boy has a huge imagination... he takes my 4...

my 4 year old boy has a huge imagination... he takes my 4 beauty blenders of different shapes and sizes and calls them his "construction friends"... and literally plays this whole imaginary game with them! 😂😂😂😂 They dissapear quite often but I can always find them in his room!

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@bakeamuffin I hope your daughter didn’t swallow the missing part ! 🤞🏼

Re: RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@keana1 thank goodness she didn’t 🙌🏻 I found the missing piece with her toys 😄 I can’t imagine it tasting very good or being very good for her digestive tract 😬

Re: RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@bakeamuffin You must have been relieved when you found the missing piece! 

@bakeamuffin Oh man, that stinks! My 2.5 year old got a hold of my blender, while I was doing makeup, and just plopped it in the toilet! He is so sneaky! I didn’t even see him grab it! 😂😢

🙀🤭 there’s no coming back from that! 🚽 It seems that being a mom is having mean practical jokes played on you every day @Shosh85 😂 

@bakeamuffin Yup, exactly! 😂

Can Pretty Vulgar get an official brand account for the forums here instead of the (clearly paid) accounts posing as private citizens? It's shady and when these accounts make recommendations it feels kinda dishonest since they're actually promoting their own products. @ShiraBT @KatieBT

Along the same lines... brands creating accounts to post...

Along the same lines... brands creating accounts to post positive 5 star reviews about their own products. I've noticed Ouai and First Aid Beauty do this... and I'm sure others do too.
12,471 Replies
testing