Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

After being marked down to what I assumed were clearance prices here and on other sites, Surratt Beauty has been restocked- back at full price?   Drat!

I actually cried when I realized I had missed that sale. I am SUCH a TS fan and I have been eyeing those brushes for as long as they've exsisted, when I hopped on my app and saw all the beautiful brushes with prices I would jump on and realized they were all OOS.....it was a sad day. I wasn't going to miss the restock. Buuuut,as you said, full price.😭😭😭😭

@ispend2much6 hope they go on sale again! I totally shoul...

@Ispend2much6 hope they go on sale again! I totally should've taken advantage of that last sale 🤦‍♀️

@Ispend2much6 and @angelKiss24, look on the JcPenney webs...

@Ispend2much6 and @angelKiss24, look on the JcPenney website, in the Sephora section they still had some Surrat items on sale. The extra 20% off sale items doesn't work though.

Re: @ispend2much6 hope they go on sale again! I totally shoul...

@angelKiss24  I know the feeling!  I was going to get a backup of the gray eyeliner.  But I checked at the other sites and they are all back at full price (except Cult Beauty has a few items marked down.)

Update: Fenty refunded my purchase (my last one was from them) on 20 Dec 18. I'm still concerned that this is a bigger issue. This leaky bottle issue not being fixed on the FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA - Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color - Uninvited really ticks me off.Ordering from different places, returning orders, speaking with customer service all to be told that it won't get fixed... it's upsetting. Even now, I have a leaky bottle. And I've been telling reps from Sephora and Fenty since 1 Oct.

PicsArt_10-12-02.38.45.png

PicsArt_12-09-04.44.42.png

Wow. I remember when you originally posted it. I was hopi...

Wow. I remember when you originally posted it. I was hoping that it got resolved for you. Sorry it didn't.

I was really hopeful. This was a let down.

I was really hopeful. This was a let down.

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Regretting not buying an additional Surratt eyeshadow when it was 50% off. Now I'm left with an empty spot in this palette 😒😣

That is a very soothing palette you’ve assembled @angelKiss24🤩

thanks @eshoe! I picked up a few during the sale...but be...

thanks @eshoe! I picked up a few during the sale...but because all my singles were stored differently...I didn't realize how much I actually had until I rearanged it in this palette. Crossing my fingers for another deal 🤞

Re: thanks @eshoe! I picked up a few during the sale...but be...

Me too, @angelKiss24. Still missing the highlight and complexion brushes to finish my collection.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Biggest Pet Peeve is the lack of representation in advertising. Cis, trans*, non-binary, ALL people should feel welcome, included, and fabulous! Inclusiveness is really important to me. I’m a cis woman, but I want to hear from all types of people and most importantly, I want for everyone to feel included and appreciated for their beauty.

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I agree!  Lovely sentiment, @ElleDamarius! ❤️

The Influensters have changed their ways. Look at Glamglow Good In Bed...the majority have changed their verbage to say "I was chosen by Glamglow" "I received from Glamglow" etc. 

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I flipping HATE Influenster reviews.

How is it possible that I always seem to run out of my varying sizes of expensive skincare products at the exact same time? This time being Christmas time, too. 

@elise222 Yes, you’re not alone! This happens to me too during the holidays and also right before I travel. 

This isn’t my biggest pet peeve because I love pretty packaging but as someone who has way too much of everything - it’s annoying when the packaging for something is unncessarily large or bulky, or when they’re a weird shape 😂 how do I store you!! Plus from an environmental perspective it seems a waste 😰

example: 0ACD83AD-DF7C-4B53-8F35-B93B32C2FFFC.jpeg

L to R: Becca powder 2.5g, laura mercier powder 3.5g, cover fx powder 4g, too faced powder 35g 😂

Yes!  I just recently organized all of my products, and found it really annoying trying to store a lot of these items.  If I can't see what I have or store it neatly, it's probably not going to get used often.

@rockstargina Haha exactly! If I can’t put everything in the same category together, whatever is separate always gets left unused 😰A little unrelated, but I had this problem with my MILK MAKEUP - Lip + Cheek - Werkhahaha because I couldn’t figure out whether to put it with the  blushes or with the lip balms and tints 😂 I don’t think I’ve even used it partially because it’s never where it should be 

12,459 Replies
testing