Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The creativity of these freaking spammers. Just how much ROI are they getting from spamming here? It must be something if they keep doing it. They now embed their links in the photo gallery, change the title of their posts to "Have you tried this mask?" Nope male enhancement link inside. And now today (I think an untelated one) spamming to promote their Instagram. 

Seriously, there should be something in place where a mod has to approve the first few posts of a new account. Yes, it would mean their post doesn't go live right away - but it would deter so much of this. 

I was so bummed when I saw I got a private message and it was spam! I'm also up late night and see so many spam threads; it's obnoxious. The crappy thing is it seems if someone already marked them, you can't mark them again to hide them from your feed.

I agree.  I'm on the east coast and an early riser.  I probably mark 5-6 each morning as spam.  What really gets me are the thinly veiled threads started by people who are obviously trying to get people to look at their blog.  Posts like "What eyes should I do" and that's it. 

Sometimes I want to be snarky and tell them "If you don't know, maybe you should rethink blogging."  I don't, because I know some on these boards don't speak English as a first language, and I don't want to hurt someone who is truly trying to ask a legitimate question, but not able to express themselves well enough to get their point across.

@GG84 I saw that instagram one! I looked her up and I'm guessing her followers are bought, because the ratio of comments to followers is way off, lol. I'm wondering what the heck she's peddling? Like for a price, your followers can be bought too!

@suzyo Right? I looked her up also! I think she legit just wanted more followers and hers are bought for sure. I'm so sick of it. 

When I have a long, wiry white eyebrow hair that is smack in the middle of a bunch of good, dark hairs, is difficult to separate while doing my brows, and I grab and pluck a good hair while leaving the white one behind, still attached to my eyelid!

@Ispend2much6 I kinda like my random silver brow hairs. I only have 3 of them (that I’ve noticed so far) and sometimes it’s kind of annoying to have a single white hair in a field of black brow. But I accidentally gave one brow a very noticeable gap while trying to pluck a single gray hair, and it seemed like the missing black hairs took a year to grow back. So I just leave the silver hairs alone now. 😂

@WinglessOne  At one point, my brows were like yours, and no big deal.  But I've "progressed" since then, and things require a lot more work!  I wish it wasn't so, because I never before noticed how much brows and lashes add to a person's appearance until I've gone out shopping without my brow products and saw how much more invisible they looked under certain lighting.  They appeared to be almost invisible!

PUMPING MASCARA!!! It drives me insane!!!

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Agreed! All it does is introduce drying air and bacteria into your mascara tubes!

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Aren't we done with the fad of making kissy lips when taking selfies? I don't want to see anyone messing with their lips! No fingers in your mouth either, so annoying.

@LisaCraftMom

Don't forget the tongues...every time I see one sticking out, I think "please just put that thing away" 😛

Ironic considering dang near every shot of me prior to age 35 or so has mine sticking out. Not in a sexy, come hither way, but in a "I'm doing all I can to ruin this shot so no one wants to show it off" way. I hated pictures lololololol (well, I still do, but I'm trying to take at least a few halfway decent ones nowadays 😄 )

I don't know about the past, but I enjoy seeing your curr...

I don't know about the past, but I enjoy seeing your current pics @RGbrown!

yes. I hate that.

yes. I hate that.

I mostly agree but there are exceptions

Exceptions:

you're eating most delicious food that is on its way into your mouth. 

you want to show off a manicure in a certain frame, especially if it is all matchy with your lipstick

you are directing us where you want us to throw the donuts 

you are tasting flavoured nail polish (remember the kfc chicken flavoured nail polish?  Bleh!) 

😜 @LisaCraftMom

LOL I realized after I posted that I sound like a crotchety old lady, I'm really not that old or crotchety but thanks for making me laugh about it!

😂Nah, you don’t sound crotchety.  I believe I understand the sentiment.  Fingermouthing should be reserved for...how should I put it.....”hypersexualized” sites and not so much for beauty forums.  @LisaCraftMom

(there’s being a prude and then there’s “what the heck are you doing? Who’s your audience?)

Exactly! I always wonder who they're trying to impress in their pictures.

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When you take the time to type out all your thoughts/arrange pictures on a post. Only to hit the back button instead of the post button for a thread on Bic. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 I did it twice today. I almost threw my phone. 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Life proof cases are the best for these circumstances.  My phone may have travelled at high velocity a few times...  @sonnydee

yes! everytime I get a new phone, I get a new otter box....

yes! everytime I get a new phone, I get a new otter box. I dont leave the store without one @heartsmyface!
12,471 Replies
testing