Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Also why I will never try La Mer... I can't afford that price tag

omg yessss!!!!

I'm done with Colourpop. For some reason, this isn't a huge deal but it's turned me off completely.

I ordered some eyeshadows which came with the free palette as a gift for someone, and when I got my order, the 4th shadow was missing.

Rather than fixing their mistake and sending me the missing eyeshadow, Colourpop issued me a $5 credit which expires in May.

So I sent them back an email asking:

"Does this mean I have to pay for the $10 shipping to Canada for the missing shadow?"

and the email I got back was:

"We apologize for any inconvenience. Unfortunately, we are unable to include shipping costs. However, we are able to issue a one time courtesy refund for the value of the product.

Please advise if you would like to receive a one time courtesy refund instead of the discount code."

I think the fact she called it a COURTESY refund is what set me off. It's not a courtesy refund when I wasn't the one who made the mistake. They've left me in a crappy situation where my options are:

1) Take the refund and gift the palette with a pan missing

2) Eat the $10 shipping cost to buy a $5 shadow

3) Buy more than necessary to get free shipping--in my case, I'd need to buy $45 worth of additional products just to get the $5 shadow I only need.

Not happy. If they don't fix this, I'm done with this company.

@k617. Oh no!  That is terrible!  Have they done anything to make this right for you yet?

They did @Tamara76, after the somewhat condescending email of their willingness to send me a "one-time only courtesy replacement", I got the shipment notification for the eye shadow.

This has still left a very bad taste in my mouth, and I will be staying away from buying any more Colourpop products in the near future!

Sorry K Smiley Sad  Yeah that courtesy thing is a joke. They made a mistake, own up to it and fix it. It's not rocket science.

Exactly V Smiley Sad Sheet happens, I just need them to own their mistake and fix it!

They're sending me a replacement now. Hasn't prevented me from unsubscribing from their mailing list, though!

@k617 I was thinking about placing an order today. Want me to pick up the missing shadow for you? PM if that could work for you.

I mean - I get it doesn't solve the underlying CS problem. 

No thanks @lachaton, you'd still have to send it to me...Colourpop needs to fix their own mistake!

CS "checked with management" and they offered to send me a replacement as a "courtesy". They also said because this is a courtesy package, if anything happens I will not be eligible for a refund or credit. Which means, it's possible I won't receive anything. (In that case I'll do a chargeback with my credit card)

Again with the courtesy.

Good bye, Colourpop.

@k617 ugh, that's just awful. So disappointing. So sorry you have to deal with this! 

That does suck! @k617 I wouldn't care to order again either.

Even NYX has been better about things like this for me.

My duo chrome highlight came broken but they went out of their way with the options.

They gave me a free shipping code and told me they would re-apply a discount I had used that was one-time use only. They refunded me for the broken ones as well. Way better c/s! Sorry CP is being stingy!

Thank you, @jesscheems, glad there's at least one person here who doesn't think I'm crazy! Smiley Very Happy

I'm usually very understanding. I think as Canadians, we are somewhat used to shipping issues/customs hold ups and shipping fees.

But the fact she called a refund a courtesy just annoys me. She could have easily said "Unfortunately our policy does not include resending international items due to shipping costs" yada yada yada

Or maybe we're just both crazy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Tongue

Ya I would be annoyed too lol you're not alone Smiley Wink

Well friggen farbacgastablugger!!!!   I pulled these out of the packaging after buying the set before Christmas and tucked them away with all my other lippies and forgot about them.  I just 'found' them and am sad.  They were melted!!!!  I can still use them but man is this ever annoying.  One survivor.IMG_7639.JPG

this is sad Smiley Sad BUT all i can focus on is that gorgeous mirror & TF collection behind... 😍

Agree @whitepolkydots!

That mirror @heartsmyface! I'm so curious about what your battle station looks like Smiley Very Happy

@whitepolkydots@Libellules the mirror is from Jill Stuart.  Do I actually use it?  No.  It's just there to look pretty.  

And yeah, I haven't found a home for the TF lippies yet.  The boys don't quite fit in my lipstick towers and it doesn't seem right to have them in a drawer. I tried putting them on display cause they're essentially homeless.  

Things haven't changed much from the last last time I posted my vanity area, but once I have time to tidy up (fingerprints everywhere!!) I'll be sure to post some pics in the battle station thread.  

Looks like someone got hungry. Smiley Sad

LOL my guess was "Grrrrrrrl you need to exfoliate your lips once in awhile"

But that's only cause mine are craggly and always cutting up my lipsticks haha Smiley Wink

don-amp-039-t-let-chapped-lips-get-to-you_o_3450487.jpg

GoT meets Chapstick, I love it!

Image result for mr. bean eating gif

6,110 Replies