Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

We need a thread dedicated to products and brands getting discontinued so we can stock up before our HGs are gone for good!! It’s seriously depressing how many of my HGs are no longer sold at Sephora, Ulta, Nordies, etc. The past two years took away more products from my beauty routine than in the previous 10 years before! 😭 

I feel that @gonerogue A warning would be nice and give you a chance to stock up before its harder to get.

Losing your HG is soo rough 😭

@CynthieLu  I can see why Sephora wouldn’t want to do that BUT if they have our best interests at heart, they should see why this is common courtesy for their shoppers. Or maybe not full advertise on the main site but definitely allow the brands to make a farewell post on BIC so at least the beauty enthusiasts are aware of the changes.

Sephora, you taking notes? 😜

@gonerogue I agree with all you've said!!!  

Food for thought: just like how we can get notifications when items come back in stock, we need notifications about items/brands being pulled or discontinued.  Even if Sephora/Ulta doesn't want to do it, the brand could.

@greeneyedgirl107  100%! The brand should be allowed to make that announcement. Hope someone at HQ stumbles on this post and pitches the suggestion to the higher powers 😂

@gonerogue I often wonder if our chatter here gets any notice. 

@gonerogue Oh man I'm sorry. I hate when that happens...which is far too often. 

@Samtian  Feeling like this is happening more and more. I go in to restock on a HG product and BAM it’s gone 🙄 time to find new favs 😓

When I try a new primer that looks great and pills when I finish my makeup and I have to start over 😡😩

from experience, i believe a regular moisturizer is wayy better than primer. i use either a pea sized amount or none at all on top of a very good moisturizer and my base always comes out smooth! 

Omg YES this is mine too.

sadly this was the Saie slip tint for me😭

That's very frustrating @NickieAnn91 😟

And yet another pet peeve: products that are similarly named.  I ordered Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm when in fact I wanted Farmacy Clearly Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL .

They are waaay similar, that is an easy mistake to make @greeneyedgirl107 

@greeneyedgirl107 - I second this peeve, especially for these two products! 😖

Made my first Sephora in Kohl's purchase online.  No free samples.  I didn't see a place to add them, but I had hoped that maybe they'd just throw a couple in at random.

I didn’t even realize that @greeneyedgirl107.

@Loretta55 can you add GWP to them?  I'm assuming not as I didn't notice anything about it - but I was in a rush and might have missed it. 

In BEAUTY NEWS 2.0 I saw the Sephora was going to be partnering with Zappos.  I'm assuming that ordering through them will have the same lack of goodies that the Kohl's partnership has.

I only placed 3 orders from Sephora at Kohl’s @greeneyedgirl107 . I never noticed where I could add either samples or GWPS.

@Loretta55 I think that's just awful.   I got a kohls + sephora survey in my email and just filled it out...I mentioned those issues.

Another thing that surprised me was the lack of fanfare when the partnership started.   I was unaware of any special discounts, samples, etc.  And I was on the lookout!

I do receive emails from Kohl’s @greeneyedgirl107. Occasionally Sephora is mentioned but the emails are from Kohl’s not Sephora. I have a feeling that the partnership is not going to be too successful. I heard that Kohl’s filed chapter 11. I have not heard an update in awhile. I never received an email from Sephora at Kohl’s that had a survey.

12,454 Replies
testing