Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Boy I agree with you guys @Guessgal @danielledanielle . It prevents me from using some that I truly like too. Grr. 

Ugh, this annoying leaky situation!! Grrrrr. 😡😡😡

B9B1F092-0E09-412B-826E-F4B6FBB66BB8.jpeg

(Let me add that this is otherwise an amazing concealer!)

Ooh sorry 😞 about that concealer leaking @sister13  I never ordered anything from the Dior beauty is this concealer worth the price point? Sorry the unfortunate happened to your purchase did it come like that ..

Yes, I actually would highly recommend this concealer and I’m a little picky! Part of it may be because the shade match for me was so good, but this covers my dark spots and dark circles and really does last all day on me. I find a lot of other concealers are a bit too yellow or don’t last. A bit annoying about the product leaking out a bit at the top, but still would totally purchase this again! @CocoLancome28 

Yes @sister13 ! Why is it always concealer?! 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

I have a mascara that doing that @sister13. I think it’s the ILIA Mini Limitless Lash Lengthening Mascara After Midnight I got from my birthday present. I do like it, it’s just… messy…

It's like Dior....diiiiiorrr, why are you playing with my feelings? @sister13 

Yuck, I hate that, @sister13!

I sold a bundle of 5 items on Poshmark which is the largest sale I ever had.  The buyer gave me 4 stars and stated that I advertised the products were unused but some of them clearly were used.  None of them were used!  Two were even sealed.  I'm bothered by the 4 star rating but way more upset by the false accusation.   I messaged the buyer and asked her which items she thought were used, that I assert that I was truthful in my listing and that I want her to have a positive experience.  I guess we'll see what happens.   I'm sure this is common but I'm new to selling online and too sensitive,  I guess.   🥺 

Hey, I'm sorry this happened to you. I've been on Poshmark for a few years now, I remember when I got my first four star rating, it  made me feel some type of way. I feel like when I do purchase from there instead of selling I try to avoid giving people anything less than five stars even when I may feel they deserve it.

Hey , I've had many people on poshmark make false accusations and it hurts a lot when it's not your fault. Poshmark does take sides and sometimes it's not yours. It's Just sad atp. 😞 

Hi. @greeneyedgirl107 I'm not new to selling online.. mostly my kids clothes...and it still bothers me if i get a less than perfect rating especially if it has nothing to do with my items, like ship time. Its only happened a handful of times.. But if they are going to be dishonest & unfair like that, I feel like I don't want them as a customer so I block them. They can still see what you are offering but can never talk to you or buy from you again.😈 Hope this helps

@sonnydee I contacted the buyer and she actually changed the rating from 4 to 5 stars and removed her untrue comments.   I was shocked!

When you’re attempting to find a new liquid foundation and have to go through the dreaded trial and error of color matching!!!! Especially when you have to let the formula fully dry down every time to see if it oxidizes and still matches your undertone 🙄 

Mascara smudges on my lower lashline - ESP when I didn’t even apply it to my bottom lash! I do a lot of show/stage/on camera makeup so day to day I exclusively use clean beauty, primarily RMS products. I have yet to find a mascara that does not react poorly to the coconut oil based UnCoverup, even with various setting powders. Any mascara recs, clean or not, welcomed. 

I have always had this problem. Aside from getting costly lash extensions to eliminate the need for mascara, tubing mascara works for me to alleviate this. Blink, Trish McEvoy, or Milani are all brands that carry this kind of product.

@KEPMKO use a clear Mascara over your black mascara once the black has had a minute to dry down;)  an eyebrow gel would work as well.  

@KEPMKO  Omg this is my biggest Pet peeve too. I’ve been loving Tower 28 Beauty MakeWaves Lengthening + Volumizing Mascara Jet  I react to almost every mascara I try and this is my go too when I take my son to swim lessons and I never have smudge or black around my eyes with this mascara. I hate when I have mascara and my eyes just randomly irritated and runny. 

I used to wear bright red lips regularly. One day, approx 4-5 years ago now, I was wearing red lips, a new NARS one I believe. Felt great. After work grabbed a couple drinks and some food. Went into the bathroom and saw I had a streak of read on my forehead. And my cheek. I don’t know if it had been there for 30 second or 30 min or 3 hours. But my beauty pet peeve is when we don’t tell each other we have lipstick on our face ! Or our teeth ! This shook my decades-cultivated lipstick confidence and I’ve rarely worn lipstick since. (That said, it did lead me to my current favorite formula that I’ve stuck to for years, Bobbi brown balm lipstick or whatever it’s called)

I always quietly tell people if they have something on their face or in their teeth. I remember once telling a man he still had shaving cream behind his ear. He had been to multiple places before seeing me and couldn’t believe not one person had told him. I don’t understand why people think it’s more polite to let someone go off and continue to embarrass themselves rather than tell them 

@jemly That's why there are some brands of lipstick I don't wear. I blame it on the formula. There was one or two that literally smeared all over my face like a clown. Just find a lipstick with a good formula to stay put and that is transfer proof. And keep your hands off your mouth and face. Haha Proly bc you subconciously know something is where it shouldn't be. I've learned touching my face a lot is a cue to check my lipstick. Once those lipsticks start to wander they become adventurers.

12,350 Replies
testing