Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@faeriegirl  Haha he has no guilt in him. He was more annoyed that I was bothering him lol.

Getting a Bang cosmetics gel eyeliner in an Ipsy bag last month and going to try it this month only to find it’s a rock.  

@heartsmyface  I used to run into issues like that when I subscribed to Sephora Play 😞

@suzyo At least there were other products to make up for the cost of the bag.  It’s just not worth it to ask for a replacement cause it wasn’t something I had been excited about receiving, but still irritating.  

At QVC shipping and handling just got raised to $3.50. 

Way to get me sort of excited, sale fail in my email. It's ok, I know this palette is going to go on sale again sometime soon.

sale fail.jpg

I got that email too and just cackled.

I got that email too and just cackled.

Space NK recently emailed me one of their cookie-driven “explore this brand whose product you looked for on our site” promos. Problem is, they’re sold out of all that brand’s products and no longer list them in their brands nav menu. The email had a short intro paragraph and lots of blank space afterward, since the auto mailer had no product images to pull from a server. 😂 

@WinglessOne Wow...How did you ever resist such temptatio...

@WinglessOne Wow...How did you ever resist such temptation?? 😂😂😂

Re: @WinglessOne Wow...How did you ever resist such temptatio...

@danielledanielle  🤣 I reeeally wanted some imaginary makeup, so the promo was hard to resist! Shipping probably would’ve taken forever—literally—so in the end, I passed. 😂

Wow🤦‍♀️😂

This probably has already been mentioned but it keeps coming up in social media feeds ... TO EVERYONE DOING THIS: PLEASE STOP WITH THE MAKEUP DESTRUCTION VIDEOS. Not only does it literally pain me to see such pretty things be destroyed but the colossal amount of waste! Just donate it or do something good with it ugh!!!

4D147B6F-8D14-4557-95DF-6E831108945E.jpeg

@cianni  Some folks who make those videos repress the powders back into pans, to continue using them. So it’s not always a loss of product. I think the person who originally started those videos also weighed the empty palettes/packaging to see if the stated product weight was accurate. 

Whatever their reasons for destroying makeup, it’s their makeup. I have an old palette I hate, and I’ll probably crush it into some kind of art pigment. Probably won’t record the process 😄 and I’m sure a video of it would upset diehard Urban Decay fans, but hey, it’s my palette. 

@cianni  I don’t even get why people would want to destroy something so beautiful 

@cianni I mean...the person bought it 🤷‍♀️ They can do whatever they want with it. 

When you order the MILK MAKEUP - Tattoo Stamp

and decide to go ham just for fun, cause why not? It doesn't matter that you have a really big meeting at 8 am the next morning girl, the Sephora site says it removes with make up remover - you be your artistic self (on your face). 

1 hour later, 2 make up remover balms, 1 cleansing oil, 2 different face washes and manual exfoliation, I'm still seeing stars. 

@GG84  oh noooo! What could the ink possibly contain for that type of staying power?!?

download-12.jpeg

@MissPuff I have no idea but it took Nars concealer, Hourglass concealer, Double Wear and baking to cover the now purple left on my face. I also did it on my wrist, i didnt bother trying to cover that, my winter jacket and gloves for the most part worked. My clients dont really look at my wrists i dont think. Lesson learned and I think im definitely returning it. 

@GG84  Yikes! That stamp should come with a warning! Glad you sort of managed, I wonder how long the purple will last?

@GG84 

I'm definitely in the anti-alcohol camp, but this might be a time to try it out...it gets ink off most everything else, so maybe it'll work on skin too? 🤞

@GG84 I second @RGbrown  - sounds like alcohol may be the only thing to get it off 😞 - just use lots of good moisturizer after!

12,471 Replies
testing