Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@heartsmyface  That is seriously such a bummer. That color is absolutely gorgeous!

@heartsmyface I have two bespoke lipsticks that I made back in August 2018 and I haven't had that issue at all. Mine are still great. My sister has two as well that she made at the same time, I'll ask her to check hers out. 

It's definitely disappointing to see, and I'm very sad to see that Bite didn't have a better response to it. I get that they're hand-poured, but a crack like that could easily lead to the lipstick breaking and that just isn't helpful (especially for the price). 

Do you know what type of finish yours has? I wonder if it might be a problem related to the type of finish, and maybe that's why there are inconsistencies? 

I've also used the lighter trick that Mocha mentioned to fix mine. They were never exactly the same and I still had to be careful, but I could continue to use them as a bullet lipstick at least. 

@lachaton  Thank you for checking yours.  Mine’s a cherry scented satin finish.  

I just performed lipstick surgery and it’s looking good so far.  I even melted a bit of lipstick into the crack to try to heal it a bit.  We’ll see how it works after I’ve given it time to go back to room temp throughout.  My main concern now is the how crumbly the formula was but 🤞🏻it just had too many air pockets in it.  

@heartsmyface I have around 12-15 of their 'custom' lipsticks.

The ones I purchased myself (older ones) don't have this issue. However, my most recent trip to the lab was to redeem a rewards bazaar certificate and the lipsticks I made at that time did come out looking very dry and had that cracking that yours does.

It's never gotten to the point that my bullets have snapped, but it does seem problematic for them to use that as an excuse.

As for re-attaching, use a lighter to gently melt the bottom of the broken area, and then press it back into the other half of the tube.

Hope that helps!

@Mochapj  Ah, thanks for thé response!  You immediately came to mind thinking of people who frequented their labs!  I had no idea you’d been so often!  

Interesting that it’s the newer ones doing the cracking.   I wonder what’s changed....the cooling time perhaps?   Maybe mine just got unlucky and had a bad faultline of sorts🤷🏻‍♀️

Ha, okay, gonna get out the safety goggles and handy dandy blowtorch..errr, I mean lighter.😜. At this point what have I got to lose?  

Thanks again!  @Mochapj 

I got an Influenster pre-survey for a foundation I already use. I haven't been "selected" for a "campaign" in a long time even after getting surveys because I'm a terrible participant but I swear if I get this one I'll be a tad irritated. 

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Is it just me or is this happening to every rouge too? 2-4 days of processing and then add the time shipped to the time of arrival.. a full week, i used to get stuff in 3 days but this year it changed.

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Blackwhiskey It is definitely taking longer to process. Usually my orders would go out the same day but now it’s at least a couple of days before they even ship.

yes, @Blackwhiskey it was so slow I paid the $15 for flas...

yes, @Blackwhiskey it was so slow I paid the $15 for flash shipping. Cant wait for my goodies that long when I'm already waiting to place orders due to my lower buy😔

@Blackwhiskey 

Yeah, it's the pits. If you didn't select Flash Shipping as your tier gift back in January, your Flash ended 2/17 and now you have "free standard shipping" instead. Which is painfully slow. 

That's stupid considering the amount you spend to be in rouge, part of it was the fast shipping for me. Alright. Now that I don't really buy anything from kat von d my rouge status will be gone once the time is up. I'm not bothering anymore! 

Is this brand making a comeback? All I know is I found BIC roughly two years ago, and at the time, folks were lamenting the brand's demise and scrambling to find replacements since their stashes of the jelly cleanser were finally gone (or were going bad). If leftover product from this discontinued brand went bad two years ago, why on Earth is Sephora sending out samples now? 🤔

20190307_165801-COLLAGE.jpg

So, after this little debate and guess work we had here, I contacted Beautycounter the other day. This is the answer: "While Nude products are not being sold at this time, we are evaluating plans for the future of the Nude brand." After how many years...? they are still evaluating plans for the future of Nude. So, I guess, chances are pretty good this really is some ancient stash of samples. And, this is not the first time Sephora's done this. Shady indeed. I don't know who decides it is a super awesome idea to release some ancient stuff back into circulation?! That is super reckless. To put it mildly. Does Sephora have no quality control or something of a sort for samples ( and some products, obvi ) they are offering to their customers? 

@RGbrown Sephora sent me Soap & Glory samples three years after they stopped carrying the brand. 🤢 Who knows where they’d been hiding them for that long or what kind of temperature (or non) controlled environment they’d been stored in. I tossed ‘em!

@starsandbucks 

I thiiiink it was about this time last year that I got a Radical Skincare sample from Sephora, which they had stopped carrying at least a couple of years before. Spring cleaning at the warehouse, I guess? Sigh. 

@RGbrown @Radical had the best bubble mask!!  I was sad to see them go:(. 

@RGbrown I loved the Radical Skincare pads and bought them thru Sephora several times before they stopped carrying them. Then out of the blue, probably the same time you got your sample, the peel pads popped back up on the sale page after years of not being in stock. They were $50 instead of $75 so I grabbed them. When the package came it was blatantly obvious that they had been lost in the warehouse for a very, very, VERY long time and Sephora had just thrown them on the site to get rid of them. The acid from the pads had actually started eating away at the bottle - like, the logo and colors had disappeared in splotches. Liquid was also seeping from it and got in the box. It was a gross mess. I called the Rouge line and they refunded my money right over the phone. But seriously, that’s some shady dealings! 

@starsandbucks Whoa. I’m glad you weren’t naive and didn’t try putting that on your face:O  yikes! 

@starsandbucks 

Oh dear gawd, seriously? :o:o:o:o

Shady indeed. Shakes head. 

@RGbrown @txcatx @lyravega   Okay so what I found was this in a Forbes article from 2016....

Beautycounter, which sells beauty products that use only healthy ingredients, recently bought  like-minded NUDE Skincare and NUDE Brands from Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy (LVMH) and the parties are now engaged in negotiating the details.

It could be that they’ve negotiated those details?  

@heartsmyface  Yeah. It should've been negotiated and realized a long time ago. But whatever happened, we never heard a word after the announcement. Last I heard ( from Beautycounter ) was they would be back by the end of 2017, I think. Maybe they have finally negotiated something and are making it happen. That's why I thought it is possible they are making a comeback. Plus, below that message on Nude's site, way down below, there is "2018". So, it's possible something is brewing. But, i am not holding my breath. Long time over it. 

We had a whole thread dedicated to discussing all this ( I tried to keep it updated with news, but eventually gave up as there was only silence 😞

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Brand-Loyal/NUDE-Skincare-Thread/td-p/2507094

12,471 Replies
testing