Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@PrettyPaint ,

I hope that you do, too!  When you get a chance to visit that Costco somewhere, be sure to buy some hard avocados!  🙂  There is Costco online, but you need to be a member to buy some things.

@tsavorite  Yup, I definitely will be leaving with a cartfull if I ever visit one. And I think I would feel better about getting the random bad one in the mix if I could purchase them in bulk. 

@PrettyPaint ,

While you are filling your cart with avocados at the imaginary Costco, don't forget a bag of lemons!   We almost always like the lemons at Costco, and they come in a great big bag!  They are a deal, too.  🙂

@tsavorite  That sounds wonderful! Do you drink lemon water, or how do you use up so many lemons!? 

@PrettyPaint ,

We refrigerate them and they last forever.  I use them for iced tea and with foods like fish, pork chops, avocados, guacamole, green beans, and asparagus!  It's great to never run out of lemons!

@PrettyPaint  It is divine intervention from Team Yuckycado. Just sayin. It's a sign, take it. 😄

@Samtian  Haha! But what if it’s an absolutely perfect, creamy avocado? Perfect ripeness and texture, no stringiness, etc. Still no love? 

@PrettyPaint  Nowadays, whenever I cut into a seemingly perfectly ripe avocado and find no black spots, just beautiful creamy green-yellow goodness, I shout aloud “I WON THE AVOCADO LOTTERY!” 😂 I hit the jackpot with only 1 of the last 5 avocados I bought last week. 

@WinglessOne  Oh no, see you’ve been having bad luck too! And not only is it frustrating when you’re looking forward to eating it, but it’s awfully expensive to have to toss so many to get a good one. 

@PrettyPaint  Right? Someone needs to invent a ripening suspension method for in-home use. For avocados. No other fruit has such a short window of perfect ripeness. Hope your luck improves soon! 

@WinglessOne  Haha! That would be amazing! 

@PrettyPaint   I've had that happen too; I always assumed they were past ripe when that happens.  I still have no idea if that's true.

I did learn a trick last year:  You can microwave a firm, unripe avocado on high for 30 seconds (maybe more, maybe less depending upon how ripe it is,) and it will soften enough to use.  Wait until it cools, then see how soft it is.  It will be great for slicing, but if you want to use in guacamole or something of a similar texture, you may have to mash it a little extra to get the result you want.

@Ispend2much6  I’ve always assumed it’s a ripeness issue too. However, I’ve had some lately with the spots and they definitely aren’t mushy feeling, they were freshly purchased from the store, etc. I don’t get it. I didn’t know you could heat an unripe one in the microwave. I think you have just changed my life for the better - Thank you!!!!!

@PrettyPaint   Let me know how it works for you!  I've been having the spotty problem with citrus.  I have a drawer in our fridge that is only for citrus, but for some reason a lot of the tangerines we've gotten this winter go bad quickly. 

@Ispend2much6  Sorry you’ve been having citrus issues. That’s equally frustrating. I’ll be sure to update! 

Awesome trick!  I'm going to have to try that @Ispend2much6 

@l8totheparty   I hope it works for you also! 

When I can't get through the threads because of all of the spam, but BIC still yells at me when I try to catch up on giving hearts, and cuts me off after 500. 😞 

What? That is outrageous @curlychiquita especcially hearting post only works sometimes. Sigh! 

@curlychiquita  I have this same thought on my BIC catch-up days. You can set a limit on loves but not on times someone can post the same spam message? Hmm....

chill wtf GIF by Desus & Mero

Wow I had no idea they limit how many hearts you can do @curlychiquita!

12,421 Replies
testing