Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

A beauty pet peeve in the broad sense - pertaining to fashion.  I bought *several* pairs of jeans, and have been making my way through what works with the new shoes I bought.  I bought three pairs from White House Black Market that I did like when I purchased them.  BUT, I later found others I liked more in terms of style, shorter length and price point from other retailers.  So what I was initially impressed with became more "acceptable" to me, and I just didn't see the point in keeping them.   Plus, I might have benefitted from smaller sizes.  I've never bought anything from this store, and didn't think I was abusing the return policy.  Well, let's just say that I got a less than favorable response from the SA.  And I was told that I'd "sorely miss" them.  

White House black market is one of those for me that I’ve tried so hard to find things to buy from them but I just can’t ever find something that clicks for me. It’s like I’m too old for everything and too young for everything at the same time. 

whats the preferred inseam now, around 24? Do you find that more and more jeans/pants are starting to reflect that style? Is it becoming easier to find? 

@Rainbomg good question about preferred inseam length!  I wish I knew!!!!

Wow, @greeneyedgirl107 , how rude of her! 😠

@Titian06 Thanks for the sympathy!  I've been taking a new approach.  When I get good CS, I make a point to tell the SA and corporate.  I'm trying to emphasize doing that, b/c I think positivity isn't acknowledged enough.  What's been frustrating me is how difficult it is to get in touch easily with CS.  There was a SA at Old Navy recently that was very helpful, and there was no way to efficiently tell CS.  I'll have to start using snail mail.  

Having a skincare or makeup product you absolutely love then it goes viral and is always out of stock 😖😫 and kids who don't need skincare using and buying lots of skincare and selling out the stuff you actually need and love 😭

@BrynnDay Any products in particular?

Having one of your wings fade at work, touching it up with a Sharpie, and having that fade, too!

When you have been using a great skincare product for years, the the company change the formula and then discontinue it altogether. I been trying to find something that work for over a year.

That's the worst @The1nOnlyDana what did you love that got discontinued?

Trying to save yourself from a bad hair day with even more hairspray 

.. or using extra strength dry shampoo on fine hair. 😅 sorry i bought that 😞

Buying the wrong shade of makeup during a sale...which you can't do an "even" exchange for. 

Act+Acre 2% Stem Cell H-2 Grow Complex ™ Scalp Serum For Thicker-Looking Hair 2.2 oz / 65 ml says you'll see baby hairs in 5-6 weeks.   But Sephora's return policy is 30 days.

When you buy new cle de peau concealers from Nordstrom but they give you ones that expire next month and in March of next year 😞

Oh no! The one that expires next month is worth calling to try to force a return or refund, @SportyGirly125.

@curlychiquita @I returned it in store for a refund and placed a new order hoping it won’t expire so quickly. If it does then I will just return it and buy it in store. 

When you try a really popular product but it doesn’t live up to the hype 😒

@JuliaHint so true

when I am putting on my mascara and I sneeze and there is mascara all over my eyelids.  It is time to start all over again.

@CorgiMommy I have been there before and that is not fun. I heard of a little hack (if the mascara didnt transfer too much). You can try letting it dry and use a eyelash spoolie or a q-tip in a twirling motion to remove the mascara. I have tried it before and it worked for me 😊

12,471 Replies
testing