Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I have this problem too lol, I'll sit and watch makeup videos on YouTube for like two hours and do absolutely nothing to my face. Whoops!

@HunterKathleen  Lol, if I waited for human interaction to wear makeup I’d need another passion!  Do your makeup for you first.  It’s not a waste of it makes you happy;) 

I completely relate to this @HunterKathleen. I have all this fantastic makeup but it’s so hard to find the motivation to do more than the bare minimum. None of my coworkers care about makeup either.

It sounds like we’re in need of a few new makeup challenges around here.  Like one week we practice cut creases, another we work with glitter...  Something to mix it up. @faeriegirl 

That sounds great @heartsmyface! I’m loving the challenges. I have worn more lipstick this past 2 months than probably all last year because of the lipstick challenge❤️

Same! I have female friends who like makeup, but aren’t into it beyond doing a bare minimum no-makeup look to get through the work/school day. So I’m the only one buying palettes full of neon yellow and purple eyeshadows, lol. They can’t relate.

@HunterKathleen I feel your pain, girl!   My best makeup days often tend to be the days I don’t leave my house - doesn’t it always happen that way?!😂  Enjoy your weekend!💗

@Tamara76  @HunterKathleen  That’s cause lazy days there’s a lot more time to keep packing on more layers and for extra blending!  The world is not fair. 

Hahaha pretty much! Work days: bare minimum or no makeup at all. Lazy days: FULL GLAM. 😂

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

My first natasha denona palette! Im excited to try the shadows, will be posting pictures in the haul section. I just wanted to put this here and say its so annoying the amount of money this costs and for it to arrive like this. Fortunately the shadows seem to be intact although the same situation was spread across the mirror and on the sides of the palette, i thought for sure there was a broken shadow but it seems that this bit of shadow came from somewhere else which can also make me feel uneasy lol. Oh well!

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Blackwhiskey Mine was very similar- little bits of tan/brown shadow were all around the outer edges of my palette but nothing looked amiss on the inside

@Blackwhiskey  Mmmmmm, yeah I like my makeup to come pristine.  Is it stained?  Will a magic eraser get it off? 

RE: Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Fortunately it cane off easy, i have no idea where that bit of eyeshadow came from because i was staring at the pans and non had a little broken chip or anything so i don’t think the powder was from the shadows. I was confused for a bit lol especially since when i opened the palette there was some powder on the plastic inside and mirror too. I did notice the black shade moves when i pressed a brush to it but it didn’t plop out when i flipped the palette to see if it would fall out lol.

At least the shadows are ok! @Blackwhiskey 

Oh no @Blackwhiskey😬 At least the shadows are ok.

Oh no! Sorry that happened. 😞 That's disappointing. At least the inside of the palette is damage-free!

When there aren't any fragrance samples during the sales

Or no tester spray at the store. Sigh! 😞

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When your eye waters and messes up your eyeshadow for the day!

@Luvstravel @RebeccaBT  You know what helps?  Packing your dirty makeup brush in a ziplock and taking it with you.  The residual eyeshadow in it is great for fixing things like this;) 

@heartsmyface , that's a good idea. I already carry some small makeup brushes in my purse, I'll load the eyeshadow brush up 👍

12,421 Replies
testing